What should my reply be to "Sorry, I've been busy"?

I have been seeing this guy for about 8 months now, but I go to college 400 miles away so we are only together on breaks (he lives in my hometown). We usually talk regularly, but sometimes there are these stretches of time when he doesn't return my texts or calls for a couple of weeks, then when he finally does, all he says is "sorry, I've been busy." I don't want to be clingy, and I don't care if we talk every day or not, but how hard is it to send a "goodnight" text every few days? I don't know what to reply to his "sorry, I've been busy." usually I just say "it's fine, I understand", but it is frustrating me a little more lately. Should I say something else?

Most Helpful Guy

• How about, "It's fine, I understand. Give me a call tomorrow so that you'll compensate for it . :) "

What Guys Said 2

• Long-distance relationships are difficult to maintain as it is. If either person isn't willing to put in effort, it is not going to work out. So if he isn't even putting a couple minutes of work into it a day, it shows that he has prioritized the relationship low on his list. When people are in relationships, they deserve someone who cares about them and will work a bit for them. Otherwise, you are probably going to excessively stressed for something that isn't worth the stress.

• you're in a codependent situation and he is not in a codependent situation. he is grown up and you are not grown up. quit texting altogether. learn to be quiet and breathe.

What Girls Said 2

• move on. you guys are not dating. if he likes you cares you, he would text you every day or every otherday.. at least he wouldn't ignore your texts and leave you wondering for couple of weeks. he can be real busy but not getting back to you for couple weeks is a def sign he's not that into you. unless you guys are girlfriend/boyfriend relationship, just leave it like that don't bother working on him. make him work on you

• You shouldn't make him a priority if you're only an option. It's not hard to send texts every few days, it's not that he can't he just doesn't care enough to do it. You're not as important to him as you think you are. His actions are telling you everything. It's OK if he's busy, you should be busy too and see other guys.