How often to text a girl over the summer?

This girl from college definitely knows I like her, so unfortunately the mystery is already gone. Though she may be interested and I want to keep my options open for next semester. So how often do you guys think I should text her? My buddy says I shouldn't text her at all unless she texts me so I don't seem clingy/desperate but I feel that's a little drastic. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Most Helpful Girl

• Frequency of texting is much less important than what you text. Be interesting, be brief. Preferably, only use texting as a means to arrange a time to hang out. You can also say something like, "I have a 5 minute break and there's only one minute left, but I just had the sudden urge to say, hi! :) That is all. Bye". When you end the conversation and take all the pressure off her to respond, it keeps you in control.

Coming up with a game is also a good strategy. For example, you could see if she'd want to compete and see who's funnier by exchanging a joke every day. Alternatively, you could start a poke war or other game on FB. That way, it's pretty low key contact, but you can always escalate it when the semester starts up again.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• I asked a similar question a few years back about if a girl doesn't text me first ever she doesn't like me ? and most of them said that if she doesn't at least text you first every so often she's not interested. Which when I asked the girl I liked a good friend she confirmed this and its also happened to me and a few other friends men and women.

So my advice, ask her out on a date and see where it goes.

• If you text he while there's no way that you 2 can even meet, then yeah, it kinda comes off as clingy...I would wait until the break is over. If you CAN meet up, then text her right away and set it up!

• You should text her every time you can get. Just text her after she responds. Don't try to over analyze things.