If a girl hugs a guy on a second date does that let him know she is interested?

Ive been on two dates with this guy. he hadn't made any physical moves, which is fine. But I wanted to initiate some physical touching so he would know I was interested so I gave him a hug.

Will he get the message?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, not really. Hugging is something you could do to a friend that you had no sexual interest in at all.

If your "sign" is ambiguous, that is can be interpreted in more than one way, then you can't just assume the guy will interpret it in the way that you want him to.

What Guys Said 3

• Sure, but if he's not initiating, it probably means he's not interested. I mean, he could just be extra polite, but guys aren't so shy, you know, by your age...

• yes I thought of him not being interested myself, so not understanding why he makes an effort to date,..

• he could be VERY inhibited; can happen at any age.

• lol no, I hug my bois and most of my girl friends it doesn't mean much to me, if you went for a kiss tho

• No, a hug is too ambiguous. At the end of the next date, give him a kiss (not on the cheek). He'll get the message.

What Girls Said 2

• no I think he would get the wrong idea

• i don't think the hug would show the message you tried to give.