Would you date a quadriplegic woman?

I recently received a spinal cord injury to my c2 vertebrae. It is a complete injury which means I have no movement or feeling from the neck down and I rely on a ventilator to breathe. I've never been in a serious relationship before and I am really worried that I might never find someone who can look past my condition. I can't do anything for myself and need constant care. I can understand that it would be daunting and people would be put off by that. Is it fair that I might not ever have sexual intimacy because I was hit by a drink driver just 6 weeks after passing my driving test? I can have sex and I desperately want someone to be intimate with and could love me for who I am inside, my friends all think I have an amazing personality. Does anyone think they could date someone like me long term?

Tittle should say Would you date a quadriplegic man?, apologies.
So some girls would date someone as disabled as me?

Most Helpful Girl

• yes if I was really attracted to him

What Girls Said 3

• yes, love conquers all!

• i think it would, if I am attracted to him

• Sure, it will be more difficult to find a girl to look past it, but it's not impossible.

Woo girls with your amazing personality, and you can find ways to work past your disability. :)

What Guys Said 2

• Yes sure especially of i like or love her. I think quadriplegic ladies can be very attractiv and sexy

• I don't think most women would. It is hard enough on most of us to get girlfriends as it is. So your options would be much slimmer. You would need to find a really desperate woman to choose you, when they could choose from so many other men.

Your best odds, might be a foreign bride. You have to show you can support them financially in order to bring a bride to your country, so you need a good source of income. I imagine there are still some highly paid jobs you could train for.

You might also be able to move to their country if you are getting a check mailed to you every month because of your disability. The cost of living is cheaper in those countries so your money would go farther, and you wouldn't have to worry about her leaving you as soon as she becomes a citizen that way.

Sorry if this sounds really dark, but I just don't think the odds of you getting a girlfriend are very good otherwise.

• I hope that's a joke, are you seriously saying no normal woman would ever be interested?

• I am not saying that no normal woman would ever be interested, but finding her would be a lot harder. Some women would be curious as to see what it would be like to date a quadriplegic man, and would give you a chance. Finding a long term relationship would be more difficult. Most women are looking for a man that can be an equal partner in life. You can't do a lot of things for them, so would need to find another way to contribute to the relationship.