Ladies: Is a study break date a good idea?

I really like one of my classmates. Problem is we have a really hectic exam schedule that requires a ridiculous amount of study time. Anyway I've been wanting to ask her out, but again no time except study and study dates have never been my strong suit (I can't study and mingle; I don't know why). Anyway I don't want to wait too late and was thinking of asking her to lunch for a study-break lunch meet-up this Saturday. Is that a good first time hangout for an hour or two?

I appreciate the advice being given, but I feel that I need to clarify what I am (was) asking. I'm not asking her to study or for a study date, what I'm talking about is we're separately and I tell her ahead of time "We should plan a few hours, meet up and do something together to take our minds off of studying for a little while." That's what I literally meant by "study-break" date, not a study date. As I said in my description, I don't believe in study dates. Sorry for the confusion.

Most Helpful Girl

• A first time hangout should be one that tries to get to know each other. When you're studying you said so yourself you can't mingle so don't make things difficult by mixing the two. Especially for a first 'date' you need to be in a relaxed environment or else you might find yoursleves with your heads down barely looking at each other the whole time, using the study as a way to avoid any awkwardness. I'd suggest taking a break for just a few hours, tell her she's worked to hard and you both deserve it and just go out and relax/have fun. If it's completely impossible, wait till after exams. Good luck! :)

What Girls Said 1

• No. Also, every time I was asked on one of these I assumed it to be just to study - not ulterior motives. If you do do it, make your motives known even if it's just "Id like to get to know you better - would you like to have a study date?"

Why not just go out for coffee. If she's in to you it doesn't matter how hectic her schedule is, she will make room for you!

What Guys Said 1

• I have never been a big fan of study break dates. The whole point of a date is to get to know each other better; how are you supposed to do that if you're studying?