Is it ok to go to his house for dinner for a first date?

We started out with a few emails then IMing a few times then talking on the phone a couple of times. We agreed to me for coffee 2 days ago. We are going to meet for coffee again tomorrow(Friday) He had asked me out for Saturday night. I agreed. He first suggested dinner and a movie then he... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• If you were one of my friends, I would say absolutely not. For two reasons:

1. Safety--Meeting for coffee a few times and talking on the phone does not mean you know someone. Chances are this guy is not going to hurt you, but you never know. There are a lot of twisted people out there and there is no specific "profile" for any of them. If you do go, make sure you tell your friends exactly where you will be and carry pepper spray. It's just not a good idea.

2. It sends the wrong message--Firstly, it's great to be considerate with someone whose strapped. But honey, you are worth being taken out. It doesn't mean you should demand the most expensive restaurant. But, if a guy really likes you he should try and impress you. Also, especially for a first date, you need to play hard to get a little. It doesn't mean be a complete you know what, but going to his house isn't making him work for anything. If this guy really really really likes you, there are other options.

If you are strapped for cash then plan a date during the day to go to the beach or a park or something. Sometimes those are the most romantic dates and they cost very little.