Best Female Singer-Songwriters under 30

Women under 30: best vocalists and songwriters right now!

ADELE (27)

Best Female Singer-Songwriters under 30

Her lyrics are incredibly poignant, her voice is bewitching. When she wants you to - she will MAKE you listen. Her stories all come from a real place and a real time. When you hear her songs you can feel the emotion she puts out there. That's a sign of a powerful voice.

JESSIE J (27)

A voice for the ages. She can literally sing it all. Her ad-libs are weirdly never too much (even though I'm one of those people who prefers 'clean' singing styles...so when I say they're not too much -even for someone like me- then you know she's a genius). The magic in her singing is that every note has a meaning > a quality many singers seem to lack. When she sings she may not know where she's going with it, but she always manages to conclude the sequence of notes with an admirable efficiency.

HAYLEY WILLIAMS (26)

The little fire cracker. Her voice - raw and untampered with - is something to behold. She can really belt it out, although you'd never suspect it. The thing that sets her apart the most, besides the crazy hair colors and the cute personality, is that her songs speak to a large audience. Sure some of them might be a bit 'on the nose', but that's the beauty of music - as long as it works there won't be a problem.

FLORENCE WELCH (29)

Is the mastermind behind Florence and the Machine. Her soothing melodies can put you in a trance and her powerful delivery can make your heart stop. The variety I love when listening to her music is the fact that her lyrics can be so simple but they can also be completely abstract and you get to decide what they mean to you. She makes you think as well as feel.

LittleSally is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 11

• just know Adele

• Female songwriter?

Hell yeah Chipzel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh8VxFyZeq0

• Adele was the only one I recognized. I guess that's what happens when you stop listening to pop for several years.

• I know them all but they aren't my all time favorites.

• Jessie-J is awful, and I'm even not a huge fan of the others (I like Paramore, but it's a bit of a stretch to call Hayley Williams a "singer-songwriter").

I'd probably have gone with:

Gabrielle Aplin (23)
    Coeur de Pirate (26)
    Birdy (19)
    Tove Lo (28)
    Jasmine Thompson (14)
    Ellie Goulding (28)
    Taylor Swift (25)

Most of my favourites are over 30...

• Butttt you forgot:
    Lady Gaga
    Alison Wonderland

• Florence welch and Adele are the only real singers on this list but I dont like Adele that much. Seen Jessie J with the girlfriend live and she was shit same for Mikey Cyrus and Rhianna. Same goes for Beyonce I was so disappointed because I thought she could sing

• How could you forget Taylor Swift? She's my all-time favorite!!! Thank God you didn't put my top three least favorite! Demi, Miley, and Ariana!

• Jessie J is great :)

• So Taylor Swift is not in the list 😢

• Thank God Justin Beiber did not make the cut.

What Girls Said 8

• I wish you stretched the age a bit to under 35 then I would include Beyonce and Alicia Keys they are fantastic !

• Florence looks like the ex duchess Fergie

• Daughter is my ultimate favourite

• 0|0
  • Great list. <3

I'm not familiar with much of Haley William's work.

But I adore the pipes of everyone else. These woman have talent.

My heart does ache a little for Mrs. Lana, all grown up and 30. haha.

But this is a great MyTake. I was really hoping I wouldn't see someone like Taylor Swift or Beyonce, and you smacked me in my face with a refreshing list of talent.

• Lana del rey is amazing. Although she is exactly 30

• I don't like Adele much. I'm just not a fan of her music or think that's she that talented

• I hate Florence.

I can't help but feel there is a lot missed off from here.

Taylor Swift, Ellie Goulding, Marina and the Diamonds, Jess Glynne, Demi Lovato... I'm sure there's many more but that's just off the top of my head!

You could include Rihanna, Meghan Trainer, Lady Gaga, Arianna Grande, Lorde, Lana Del Ray (just), Christina Perry... just sayin'

• You do realize this is called a MY take, right?

• See... seems like you just want to argue...
      =)
      No thanks.

• @Hidden_P the category is for singers and SONGWRITERS. Many of those in your list are not SONGWRITERS and some are not even singers.