Flashback! Favorite Sitcoms From the 90's

The 90's will always be some of my favorite years. I grew up during those years. The music was awesome (don't worry, I'll be doing one for that too!) and so was the television. These days it seems like reality TV is taking over. There aren't really many good sitcoms anymore. So let's take a look at some of the classics from back when TV was actually fun to watch!

Full House

I watched this show religiously. I used to tell my parents that I wanted to be Tanner lol. My favorite was Stephenie. I adopted her catchphrase "how rude" and still use it to this day.

Sister, Sister

Ok so you couldn't tell me that I wasn't the third sister lol. This show fueled my twin obsession growing up. And I had a major crush on Roger.

Fresh Prince of Bel Air

Definitely can't have a favorites list without this show! It sparked my love for Will Smith. And it doesn't hurt that he's from my home town! I recently binge watched reruns of this for an entire day. It was a funny show, but also had its series moments.

Boy Meets World

Corey and Topanga. Nuff said. Oh and also, Shawn 😍

Family Matters

Who didn't love Steve Urkel? He was everyone's favorite geek. My sisters and I practiced the Urkel dance until we perfected it. I was excited when Steve turned into Stephon and used to wish that I had a machine like that to turn myself cool.

Step By Step

This show was like a modern day Brady Bunch. A lot of people don't remember it, but it was pretty popular in my house. Probably because we were a blended family as well.

Martin

This will always be one of the funniest television shows to ever air. I never get tired of watching reruns and I still laugh my ass off.

Friends

I wasn't a huge fan of this show but I do know how popular it was. The few episodes that I've watched were pretty funny.

These are just SOME of my favorites. We'd be here all day if I named them all! I hope you all enjoy this little trip down memory lane. As always, stay classy GaGers. See you guys on the threads! ✌ ❀ 😎

CHARismatic110 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 16

• I didn't really watch ninties sitcoms,
    However, by the time I was twelve I had seen every x-files episode. Yeah, some of that I really shouldn't have been watching

• I remember when I was growing up the tv show Fresh Prince of Bel Air would always be on. So the theme song got stuck in my head.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nCqRmx3Dnw
    Never watched the show though, I was more into cartoons at the time.

• I did my teens and early college years in the 90s. I have to say the 80s and actually the early 2000s were better. I am surprised Frasier didn't make your list, that one was popular. Star Trek TGN was also quite good for a family entertainment level show.

• I like your boobs <3

• Time to ruin your childhood:

Bob sagat is a pervert and a misogynist.

JackΓ©e Harry is a racist.

Uncle Phill is dead. Will smith is suspected to be gay.

Topenga got fat.

Steve Urckle is an abuser. One of the little girls in the cast did porn.

Martin lawerence got fat and sold out to the illuminati. Many of the main cast have been busted for drug possesion.

Step by Step is a show with underlining racism geared towards black people.

The actress who played monica turned out to be a whore, and Jennifer Anniston still trying to pretend she's still 20 even when she is in her 40's.

• The best memorable character from Step By Step was the Code Man who was a stoner living in his van. I hate Uncle Joey from Full House though.

• Lol Cody was definitely my favorite. And why? He was funny!

• Dave Coulier is the least funny comedian to ever exist. His character Uncle Joey relied on horrible impersonations of people who are actually funny, and he couldn't get it right. His one liners were cheezy as hell. He had a TV show called America's Funniest People which was a really bad knock off of America's Funniest Home Videos.

• Lol he was corny but he wasn't THAT bad to me

• Seinfeld, Wings, Dinosaurs, Perfect Strangers. Not really a sitcom but Saved by the Bell.

• 1|0
  • Fresh Prince rules! Some of my other favourites are saved by the bell and hang time!

• I was like "Martin better be on here... Martin better be on here... Martin better be--THERE IT IS." Knew I could count on you to get the list rightπŸ‘Š So many great characters on that show, always loved Hustle Man and Bruh ManπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    http://youtu.be/c1UeHdDqL4E
    http://youtu.be/T4kPNctYsN4

• Great shows, I watched most of them, my favorites are Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Step By Step and Family Matters. I've never watched Martin and Sister, Sister, but I've watched Seinfeld and Cosby Show :P

• An excellent selection of sitcoms, especially Step By Step and Fresh Prince of Bel Air, but I would also add Married With Children: blog.albundy.net/wp-content/mwc_s5_cover_rc1.jpg :P

• Fresh prince and everybody loves Raymond are like the best.

• How'd you leave off Seinfeld and Saved by the Bell lol

• Left off Seinfeld on purpose. Hated that show lol. And dude, do you know how long this would've been if had included the full list? 90210 isn't there. 7th Heaven isn't there. The Cosby show isn't there. Party of 5 isn't there. Like I had to cut some out man!

• Or 7th heaven, I hated that show lol

• Lmao you hate everything I like. We could never be TV buddies!

• I don't know if Seinfeld counts

• The Fresh Prince of Bel Air! I would watch it everyday after school :D :D :D And during vacations. So many unforgivable moments. Just the other day I was laughing and telling a friend about a scene I remembered.

Will goes to Mr Yoshi's (Mr Miyagi from Karate Kid) dojo to learn sef-defense and sees a huge, menacing samurai mask hanging on the wall, and then goes: "Hey, uncle Phil, what are you doing here?".

What Girls Said 16

• These pesky kids today, lol, they have no idea! It was all about TGIF, literally... actually called TGIF, and legit my family would pile in and watch Full House and Urkel (as we called it), and Step by Step. I miss those days of scripted shows before writers strikes and reality tv just about ruined it for everyone. I think now more than ever, we just need to be able to relax and laugh at some silly shows. Most shows now rely to heavily on sex, violence, or gore. You can't run sappy music over that, and have the good dad come sit down next to your desk and explain life, lol.

• I watched all of these.

Shout out to the late 80s and early 90s babies who remember these shows !

• Gosh, I loved Full House so much. That's my childhood right there. Seen all the episodes so many times.
    UNCLE JESSE 😍

• OMG! Full House and Friends were my all-time favorites! I still watch them on a regular basis. Lol

• Dawson's Creek and Saved by the bell were good too.

• Owww, most of my favorites are here, especially Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Full House ;)

• What, no 3rd Rock From the Sun? I loved that show as a kid! I'm so stoked that the whole series is on Netflix now 😆

• Lol I didn't watch that, sorry.

• Friends, of course (I used to watch it with my mom). When I got older I re-watched the whole series on DVD. My brother used to watch Fresh Prince so sometimes I would watch it too, lol. Boy Meets World, although I mostly watched that one a few years after it started. And The Simpsons (which I continue to watch over and over again).

Uhhh what else... Home Improvement, Everybody Loves Raymond, Frasier, The Nanny. Wow, I watched a lot of TV as a kid.

The 00's had some great shows too.

• I loved the Nanny!

• Sabrina the Teenage Witch was my favourite.

• Girl I LOVE all those shows so much 😊

• There was another one- Home Improvement!

• How come Cory and Topanga got old but I didn't? 😕 so weird and sad for them lol

• I know all these shows except for Step by Step <3

• Exellent take brought me back fresh memories! Thanks for the enjoyment 😊

• Cool, I love Step by Step, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Boy Meets World and Friends :D

• I've never watched Friends, Step by Step, or Martin but the rest of them I loved equally - I cannot choose! They were all so wonderful.
    Shows today cannot compare. I don't know if it's because values have changed, or what, but there is something off about TV shows today.

• My favorites are Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Boy Meets World :)