Beauties Gone Bad: Four Shocking Actions Done by Beauty Queens

In our society, beauty queens are put into a pedestal for they are viewed as models of glitz and glamour and are often appointed to work for honorable projects. They're expected to shoulder the "nice, friendly, well-mannered, and eloquent in speech" stereotype clinging on their image as beauty queens.

However, many of them have defied those expectations and have not been hesitant to show their true colors― oftentimes the complete opposite of the "nice, friendly, well-mannered, and eloquent in speech" standards. When doing so, some turn out to be unbelievably epic and shocking!

4. Miss USA 2006

Eight months later after crowned as Miss USA 2006, Tara Conner had been expected to be dethroned after proofs had surfaced that she had engaged in underage drinking and drug abuse, which was against the Miss USA Organization protocols.

Despite being tested positive for cocaine, Conner was given a chance to carry her title by Donald Trump, former co-owner of the Miss USA organization and present likely Republican presidential nominee.

She agreed to go on rehabilitation and she was able to crown her successor successfully.

3. Miss Universe 2015

On the 20th of December 2015, the universe had been more than informed about the great mishap caused by Steve Harvey's fault of swapping the places of Miss Philippines Pia Wurtzbach and Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez on the Miss Universe crowning moment.

After the event, Ariadna Gutierrez seemed to not accept defeat when she posted a picture of her on Instagram― one of the hashtags being "#backtoback"― with the crown on her head. At that time, many were aware that a back-to-back win did not happen and, thus, produced an uproar of criticisms, especially coming from the Filipinos.

❤️ This moments will always be with me #missuniverse #misscolombia #backtoback Lo logramos COLOMBIA!A photo posted by Ariadna Gutierrez (@gutierrezary) on Dec 21, 2015 at 4:49am PST

Fellow contestants felt robbed for Miss Colombia as well and couldn't accept defeat. One example is Miss Germany Sarah-Lorraine Riek, which openly told in a video (that's taken down now)― “I really couldn’t believe it, I was so upset. For me, [Miss Colombia] was robbed as the real winner…I was very happy for Miss Colombia because she really deserved it. No one of us voted for Philippines. I’m so sorry to say that.”

2. Miss Amazonas 2015

On the 30th of January 2015, a bizarre Miss Amazonas 2015 coronation night shook the city of Manaus in Brazil. Right after the proclamation of results, first runner-up Sheislane Hayalla seemed to not accept defeat when she shamelessly seized the coveted crown from the head of Miss Amazonas winner Carolina Toledo. Then, she threw the prize in front of the audience with brute force, and made her way offstage.

After the pageant, the first runner-up made claims against her rival's win, insisting that it was ill-obtained victory. "Money talks in Manaus and I wanted to show the Amazon people money doesn’t talk here. I do not accept injustice ... and will never let something go unpunished, but expressed my disapproval to the attitudes that were seen during the preparation for Miss Amazon.”

Way back then, this was a hit and it even penetrated international news. Watch how insane it turned out to be!

1. Miss Grand International 2015

On March 2015, Miss Grand Dominican Republic Anea Garcia (Oh, she was also Miss USA 2015 Second Runner-up) had been stripped off her title as Miss Grand International 2015 by the organizers of the Miss Grand International pageant, a new beauty pageant based in Bangkok.

This excerpt on a note sent to pageant site Global Beauties by Teresa Chaivisut, vice-president of MGI, states the reason behind the queen's dethronement:

"...her studies were in the way, making it very hard for us to schedule her activities. At several times we had to reschedule, cancel events, change or lose international flights. Miss Grand International should be ready and focused on her job and charitable work. In addition, she has also become very demanding, always asking for things which were not promised or part of the contact she signed, including bringing her grandmother to Bangkok, to live with her. She demanded for additional services which truly made no sense."

It had been apparent that Garcia had failed to comply to the organization protocols, thus Australian first runner-up Claire Parker assumed the title.

My Take

It's simply eye-opening for me that these beauties have somewhat revealed what's behind the regal stereotype. Some have gone overboard; some have crossed lines.

Cccgala is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 6

• "They're expected to shoulder the "nice, friendly, well-mannered, and eloquent in speech" stereotype clinging on their image as beauty queens."

Yeah generally I think that they are mostly all selfish, incredibly vain, and egotistical assholes

• I've never felt there was anything regal about these meat showcases.

• Physical beauty is really in the eye of the beholder. It ain't gonna last. I think they those that didn't get the crown or titles when competing might feel unhappy and depressed one day once they realize the truth as they age and then slowly change and no longer appear as they once had. After going through some of the comments and opinions below I am not surprised at all that some of these girls will sign up and perform in porn, such as one that did it all because she had financial struggles.

It makes me wondered why they are so dependent upon selling their physical appearances instead to try and get by instead of actually learning and using some real practical skills in the regular professional world.

I guess some of them are going to become long term actresses in x-rated movies if they don't consider to even try other alternative professions that don't involve selling their physical appearances and even that eventually fades. And when it does fade, then they better have saved enough when their retirement comes.

• The big question I have about this - so what? Are people really caring the tiniest bit about beauty contests?

• Damn

• Tara Conner also did porn. She did a scene for a porn company called GirlsDoPorn.

Another beauty queen you miss was Miss Trinidad and Tobago. Apparently her boyfriend (now husband) went to get his computer repaired but their were sex tape videos on his computer. The people repairing them saw them and uploaded them to the internet. One of the vids even has Miss Japan of that year in a threesome with the T&T national.

Another Beauty contestant was Miss Delaware.

Who was dethroned when her porno film she did while financially struggling came out. (Full on cumshot to the face for the ending)

Miss Colorado also did porn for the same porn company and not only did she do one film but multiple episodes later after losing her title for GDP.

What Girls Said 4

• Wow. That's not very surprising. :O

• pageants are busy to look at

• I am disgusted by Shailene Hayalla's attitude, completely unacceptable.
    Anyway, my favorite is Betty Cantrell. She deserved the title Miss America 2016. It's good she's not on list of beauties gone bad.

• They are shallow and vapid, as are beauty contests in general.