Movies of The Summer That ARE As Fun As You Hoped

Mind you, when I say 'fun', it doesn't necessarily mean extremely quality and educational, nor amazing directing nor amazing acting... But I'd say most of these have great acting (as unexpected as it was) and they also have the visuals you could die for!

The themes and genres are interesting and all in all simply fun to watch!

The Shallows

It's pretty simple...straightforward movie. Easy to know what to expect. So, naturally, I didn't expect much, but some amazing scenery, underwater shots and some fierce fighting for survival, buuuuuut, I got so much more from it! The movie overcame my expectations, and instead of a 5/10, I'd give it a 7.5/10!

The Legend of Tarzan

You know what to expect, and it's exactly what you're getting. You're getting amazing shots, nice enough cgi, amazing colors and nice bodies. The surprising part was the real and palpable chemistry between Tarzan and Jane. Really nice. Worth a 6/10 for sure!

Green Room

Yup, yup...gotta love this one. Horror, but not as horrific, more interesting than anything else. Mind you - there's still blood involved...don't get confused about that. Survival horror > smells like 7/10 (and you know that's extremely high for a movie of this genre)!

What were the standout films of your Summer?

LittleSally is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 5

OMG these movies sucked.

Summer isn't here yet.

"X-Men: Apocalypse" :D

www.pointofgeeks.com/.../...eks-e1462842547265.jpg

Granted, it got mediocre reviews from the critics, along with a lot of hate online from people, who now think that all superhero movies should be like the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) lol. But I don't care what anyone says: I loved it. :D It handled all of its character storylines and drama a lot more elegantly than I had expected, it had a few other impressive story surprises up its sleeve that I was not expecting at all, it had musical continuity and smooth-enough action scenes, and one of the most satisfying endings of any superhero movie. I'll have to see it again to be sure, but as a kid who grew up in the 90s watching the X-Men Animated Series as one of his favorite shows, this movie was quite special to me. :P

How much you love these movies is measured by how low one's IQ is, meaning, if you are amazed & fascinated by a rubber ball & string, you'll think these movies are pure masterpieces!

I had a feeling these are good movies, at least for The Shallows and The Legend of Tarzan, I'm looking forward to see them all, but I don't know what to expect from Green Room, the title is kind of mysterious...

What Girls Said 8

Green room I liked because of the punks

The legend of Tarzan is on my "movies to watch" list

Going to See "When the Bough Breaks" Tomorrow nite, @LittleSally.
    The Previews look Dynamite, and I would Imagine I will be Sitting on the Edge of my Seat all Nite.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

I saw Tarzan that was a good movie 😊

I haven't seen these movies yet but they look really good. :) I saw "Bad Moms" which I really liked and it was hilarious. Have you seen it? I also want to see the movie Nerve, I heard it was really good movie as well. Nice mytake. :)

Oh, I haven't seen them, but I will. Thanks for the recommendations! =)

Okay cool and your welcome. :) Thank you for the recommendations as well. :)

I liked Suicide Squad, The Shallows and Nerve

Cool movies for the end of the Summer, I hope I'll like them too :)

I loved Suicide Squad, hoping they have the uncut version on DVD though.