7 Reasons Why the Pokemon Go Phenomenon Didn’t Go Far

I notice that, even though there are still fanatics who still play Pokemon Go (including myself), many people lost interest. For the simple reason, this game is incomplete. See why they lost interest:

(In alphabetical order)

1) Battles are not turn-based

I believe it would be better if they followed the traditional turn-based battle system, they used in the Pokemon games. But in order to do this, they should include more moves per Pokemon as I say in #7.

2) No Pokemon Centers

Like you did in the old games. This would be helpful to cure your damaged/fainted Pokemon, if they were a few Pokemon Centers scattered around your area, instead of trying to collect the Potions and Revives you might get from a Pokestop, or having to pay in order to buy some extra.

3) No trading feature

This would make things easier to complete your Pokedex. Trading the Pokemon you don’t want with a friend of yours (or a stranger you meet on the street) would be a really good feature, unlike giving them to the Professor for just one Candy per Pokemon.

4) Pokemon don’t gain CP or Stardust after a battle in the gym

You only gain some small amount of EXP and nothing more. Normally, since you train those Pokemon at the gym (whether you fight against other team or your team), the Pokemon which participated in the battle, should gain some CP and you should also be given some Stardust too, since it’s a material very hard to get.

5) Raising your level becomes difficult after Level 20

To get at Level 21 you need 50000 EXP, then to get at Level 22 you need 75000, to get at Level 23 you need 100000 and so on. This obviously made people feeling disappointed, and losing interest.

6) You cannot fight against other players

Well, you can do this already, but only at a gym. Still the other player might not be present. I mean meeting against another player, and fight against him/her via Bluetooth (or something like that).

7) You cannot learn new moves for your Pokemon

Each Pokemon you catch, have their moves set. It’s a big flow that they cannot learn new moves, depending on their CP.

In conclusion: Pokemon GO unfortunately didn’t meet the standards of the traditional games. So many people felt disappointed and quit.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 4

100% agree, what else ruins it is how your character levels instead of the pokemon.

Are you kidding me? It's the most popular mobile game this year. :P

I never played the thing anyway. Didn't have an interest. But I don't see as many people obsessed with it.

Um my local zoo held a pokemon night and after 20 mins they stopped admitting people since it got too packed over around 5000 people came many left and loads were lined up arounf the block.

What Guys Said 16

I'm a little confused... billions of dollars were made on this and any time they issue a new update, it trends like mad. Just look at Facebook over the past few days.

I think the title would make more sense if it was, "7 Reasons Why the Pokemon Go Phenomenon Shouldn't Have Gone Far."

He's right in that it's failing fast though. If I remember right, Go has lost over a third of it's active user base, and pretty everyone I know has stopped playing. The game has a lot of issues like:

Useless Gyms and Teams: Gyms have no benefit for anyone but those who hold their Pokemon in them for 21 hours, and the benefit is a few meager coins for those who do. Teams also have no point, except to hold down pointless gyms.

No Updates: Niantic has screwed it's player base by not updating the game since release, and even removing features. Of course it has gotten stale since it is such a bare-bones game.

Location Discrimination: People in outlying areas have no way to acquire items except for real money. It alienates a large player base.

No End Game: After level 20, there's nothing that changes. Veteran players need something to spice things up, a goal of some kind.

I was gonna write a whole article on this, but I haven't gotten to it...

My phone is glitching up BADLY with Pokemon Go! (Moto G3), so I had to uninstall it. :-/

Oh that sucks... but it's an excellent game still, and a nice excuse to walk for hours. I'm 6-7 hours on the road because of it.

I am not a pokemon fan.

#6 & #7 are the real killers.

Sounds like i dodged a bullet with the Pokemon Go craze.

I stopped because they wrecked the radar without improving it in-game.

I and some of my friends are hardcore Pokemon fans, and none of us got into GO. One friend in particular refused to play it at all ("The real fans are waiting for Sun and Moon."), and I've never had any interest.

Go was just a fad. Simple as that. The only non-Game Freak Pokemon games that I ever liked were Colosseum and XD:Shadow of Darkness. Niantic hasn't reversed that opinion.

The reason it didn't go far is because it's a fad. Most people that played it early on really aren't big pokemon fans. It was just the "in" thing to do. It was never going to stay huge.

I wasn't much of a Pokemon fan either lately. (I was a huge one when Pokemon original games came out in 1999). But it's a nice excuse to go out and walk for long, isn't it?

What do you think @mustachekitteh?

It's dead? Everyone I know still loves it. And now old people are getting it.

the thing is that this was only a speculation, they were planning on making it an actual game, but after the large support they got from the community they did make it. so it was never the real plan to make the game, all in all it came out good, but many future updates are needed to complete the game and make it better.

I'd hazard a guess that part of the issue is that there was a huge surge of people who liked it because it was a 'thing' and the interaction with the environment was cool... but they don't actually care about pokemon.

Pokemon Go main objective was just to awaken public awareness around the Pokemon franshise. To prepare them to the new paid games comming soon.

It was a cheaper way to make propaganda about it around the world.

On the N64 and GameCube times , Pokemon was a safety boat for nintendo.
    WiiU has been a similar problem, so these clever ways to grab the public are essential.

They knew it was a software to die soon.

There are a bunch you left out, the whole thing just sucks!

I don't know, I was out last weekend and a lot of people were walking around playing it.

www.court-records.net/.../miles-shrug(d).gif

It is because all the bandwagon hoppers are going and the games is settling into its long-term fanbase. That happens with every game.