Yes, Some Movies Unfortunately Feature Misandry

There is always outrage around the world whenever a movie shows what is believed to be "misogyny". However whenever a movie shows misandry, it is always praised. I'm not defending violence against either gender.

The "I Spit On Your Grave" Series

I've never seen any of these disgusting movies but I did read the movie spoilers. Basically it depicts men as "rapists","violent", "scary" and "cruel". In the first movie the protagonist is a female that gets raped and ends up getting her revenge on several men by brutally torturing them.

The second movie is similar and the third one involves the protagonist from the first film going vigilante by kidnapping rapists and torturing them. I'm not defending the rapists but it's disgusting how men are depicted in these movies. Sure enough many women enjoyed these movies, while a lot of men couldn't even watch these movies. There is a movie of the same name that was made in 1976, it features a similar plot. Imagine the outrage if the gender roles were reversed in these movies.

Uninhabited

I've watched this movie because I expected it to be another cliché horror movie but towards to the climax of the movie, there a plot twist were the female protagonist (I'm not sure if she's a protagonist) starts to get distant from her boyfriend. She hears about the story of a girl that got raped, after being aware of this story she turns into a misandrist. The boyfriend calls her out on her thoughts of harming innocent men. This makes her angry as she feels that her feelings are justified.

Teeth

It's about a health condition (not sure if this condition is real) were a woman's vagina has teeth. I haven't seen this movie but I've heard that there are rape scenes but the woman's teeth down there maim the rapists. I'll say it again, I'm not defending the rapists but my problem is with how men are depicted and how this movie advocates violence against men. It depicts all men as rapists.

Hostel

There is only one scene that shows a little bit of misandry and it happens towards the end. The protagonist that is female gets the upper hand on the male antagonist, the male antagonist insults the woman which cause her to get "triggered", she proceeds to cut of his manhood and feed it to the dogs. It's implied that he bled out.

Girls Against Boys

I haven't seen this movie but the title itself is not very comforting. I did read about what happens I this movie; basically, a woman is raped and she eventually gets her revenge on the rapist. The whole film has a negative depiction of men.

Reading comments about these movies, it seems that a lot of women enjoyed these movies because of what happens to the male characters. They even leave comments like "girl power!". The misandrists wouldn't be singing the same tune if the roles were reversed in these movies.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 10

Out of these, I've only seen Teeth but it's the opposite of how you described it. What she has isn't described as a health condition but as a curse and she hates it. Only one of the men actually tried to rape her. One of them was actually a gynecologist and got his fingers chopped of while he was performing a test. She even feels bad for him after it happens.

It's a horror movie genre. And yes there are movies and genres where women get raped. Just watch Game of Thrones.

By the way, I love that show. House Stark will rise.

They always portray the woman as the victim though.

I couldn't find any info on those male "rapes" from game of thrones. They aren't considered rapes except for the character named Master Kerwin.

The reason why they aren't considered rape scenes is because the man isn't being restrained in those scenes.

So... unlike millions who feature mysoginy there are only 5 movies that feature misandry - of which you haven't even seen most... Why would that offend you then?

But yeah, the horror movie genre is that way - features hatred and torture - because that's just what it does.

If you count misogyny as anything violent or negative happening to a woman then sure... millions, whatever you say lady.

I'm assuming the lifetime channel triggers you

You clearly missed the point. I'm not saying there shouldn't be movies about female victims, what I'm saying is that there should be an equal amount of movies involving make victims. Men aren't immune to rape and sexual assault, there are female rapists as well but it's a elephant in the room.

You seem to not get the fact that these are HORROR movies, of course they are going to feature fucked up topics and hatred. Also I've seen a few of these movies and one of them feature the woman getting raped. I don't understand how it's misandry to feature a woman getting raped. It's not. So you pick out a few flicks and suddenly the whole film industry is misandrist. Lol ok.

It's the way they depict men.

It's rare that women are depicted as evil.

I can think of a lot of instances.

So you pick out a few movies, terrible horror flicks at that, and suddenly the whole film industry is 'misandrist'? Give me a break, please...

You also don't seem to grasp that portraying the woman as a victim is also dehumanising, as well as the obvious oversexualisation of the female characters on the posters.

There is oversexualization of men as well. How is portraying women as the victim dehumanizing? The film dehumanizes men, also I didn't say the entire film industry is misandrist.

Where did I say women have it worse? Please point it out to me. Both genders have each of their respective challenges, but to make this a contest is just pure idiocy.

Ever cared to wonder why that is. Violence against men, especially rape, is largely taboo and swept under the carpet. Men are made to feel ashamed and demasculinised for it. Therefore it would be controversial and unprofitable to release a movie about it.

That's exactly my point, it is taboo to make a movie about men's issues because the misandrista would flip out.

You DO know that the first one is about a woman who gets gang raped and then goes on a revenge spree right? I believe that the other movies do contain rape and graphic horror scenes as well. But hello they are filed under the Horror/Torture and/or Torture porn genre i believe.. that's the whole damn point dude. You can't just say HORROR movie and have pigtails and butterflies going about in the movie now can you. That defeats the purpose.

The point is that the movie depicts men as rapists, which is cliché. That's what I don't like. Another thing I don't like is the extreme gender violence against men.

Omg dude. Just o mah gawd. 🐷

It's true though, it's the elephant in the room.

I agree some of these are misandrist but how does a movie depicting male rapists qualify as misandrist? Just because it shows the aspects of male rapists with female victims doesn't mean it was made to depict "all" men as you say, as rapists.

The issue here lies in men identifying with male rapists in fiction bc they're male. When in reality you should just think, that's a rapist. He happens to be male. Doesn't mean the director/producer/screen write/viewers/fans think ALL men are rapists bc the film showed a male rapist.

How about all the movies about crime where most of the criminals are men? Does that mean the producers and the fans think all men are criminals? Just check up on your logic.

There is something called cliché.

I understand what you are saying but you do realize that a lot people don't have empathy for male victims right? A lot of women laugh whenever a man is sexually abused or raped.

Uh yeah... and like I've said about three times now, that needs to change, but it has absolutely nothing to do with these movies

Yet just by looking at the Posters, these movies still oversexualize women. Most of the Posters do.

As a horror fan who has seen a lot (and I do mean alot) of violent horror and exploitation films I will say this; rape and revenge films have a simple formula. Woman gets raped and she seeks revenge or someone else seeks the revenge for her. There have been some movies and tv shows even that have men as the victims. I believe one reason for the "typical" formula of a woman victim and male rapist is kind of a "wishful thinking" move. Many women have been raped since the beginning of time and many people have strong feelings about what should happen to rapists, myself included. While men do get raped I believe because it is mainly men who make these movies, they would be uncomfortable making a film about a man being raped. It is shamed. How many guys do you know who have been raped or molested tell people about it? Not many because of fear and shame (same as a woman but men have always been deemed the strong heroic figures) Im a fan of the I Spit On Your Grave series. Teeth was ok and Hostel was crazy. At the end of the day they are just films. Films that play out our fears and like I said above, "wishful thinking" on what happens to bad guys.

If a man makes a movie were a man is raped, he will face backlash. People just don't take make victims seriously. There are movies were men are sexually assaulted but they are depicted as dark humor instead.

*male victims

What Guys Said 12

its the rape and revenge genre dude.
    and NOBODY is sympathetic in the hostel films its just torture porn

I've heard of that genre.

Trust me, it did not fail at attracting men,
      The 'men' it tries to attract are the ones tend to be, 17, or 18, kids really

I'm sure it did attract them at first but after this film gained notoriety, most of the viewers became women instead. It's confirmed that at least 8 men walked out during the screening of the first film. www.rogerebert.com/.../i-spit-on-your-grave-2010

Yeah, there's things that could be considered misandrist. I honestly tend to ignore that though, because as soon as you mention that SJWs come back with a long list of misogynistic things, and that drives me insane.

I don't see misandry or misogyny in movies as an issue to be honest. But I get what you were trying to do, and I fully support it.

It's a fucking horror movie dude, of course the men are going to be scary as fuck and really horrible people, it's fiction and horror.

You do realise that these movies are horrible excuses of films. Don't you?
    I'm surprised someone would go out of their way to find this shit. These movies don't just dehumanize men, they also dehumanize women.

The women are viewed as victims, that's not dehumanizing.

Really? They're portrayed as victim turned torture experts/ murderers, its just a poor excuse for a plot device just as these very films assume men as scum without any redeemable qualities. They are both dehumanizing.

It dehumanizes men though. It's reported that 8 men walked out during the screening of the first film.

"However whenever a movie shows misandry, it is always praised."

always praised? i don't know that to be true. I think there are definitely movies that are criticized for the treatment of women towards men

but sadly there are movies that contain misandry and misogyny

Ok, these movies mostly are disgusting, but none of them claim that all man are "rapists". Women are the main characters, so what? There are incomparably more movies with men as the main characters.
    By the way, Vagina Dentata from the movie Teeth is a real medical condition, caused by dermoid cyst: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vagina_dentata
    Mythology of various ethnic groups exaggerated that condition, turning it into something monstrous.

There has been a few of those rape revenge movies - There was "Baise Moi" a French movie that seemed to offend everybody, I haven't seen it but I remember the outcry, I am nearly sure it is banned in most places. One of the best rape revenge twists I saw was in one of those "Twilight Zones " or "Outer Limits" TV shows, a man collects his wife from hospital, she is in shock and his emotions are all over the place. Driving home she shouts "It's him, it's him the man who raped me", the man is so angry that he gets a tyre iron goes after man and kills him, He gets back in the cars and starts driving, in turmoil and she goes "It's him, no it's him over there, that guy there , no that other guy across the street, that's the man" (picking out every man she sees)

I actually love all those f*cking movies!

I likw hostel series... specially part 2

But I thought only men could be sexist against women! Such fallacy!

Sometimes I feel like rape is just inserted into movies/TV shows as nothing more than a plot advancer/justifier.

That scene in hostel II is fucking nasty... And I've seen human centipede 2 and teeth 😩