5 Interesting Disney Prince Facts You Probably Didn't Know

I just wrote a Take titled 5 Interesting Disney Princess Facts You Probably Didn't Know where I explored some interesting things about Disney princesses that weren’t common knowledge. And with all this talk about equality, I felt it would only be fair to include fun facts about the princes of Disney.

Now, because there isn’t an official lineup for Disney princes (or if there is, I've never heard it), I took into consideration any male love interest of the Disney princesses. Let me know what you think!

1. Aladdin’s feather falls forward when he lies

You remember the outfit that genie put Aladdin in when he asked Genie to make him a prince? Well, just in case you didn’t notice, that feather atop his turban falls forward whenever Aladdin tells a lie.

2. Eric is the first prince to be saved by his woman

Of course, other males in various Disney movies were saved by their love interests, as well, but Eric was the first to be saved by the Princess herself. And they say women are the weaker sex…

3. The gargoyles and statues in the Beast’s castle are actually the Beast himself

The statues of creatures seen throughout the Beast’s castle are actually early concept art pictures of him before the film was drawn.

The final picture of the beast was a mishmash of different creatures, or, for a shorter term, a chimera. The Beast has the head and horns of a buffalo, eyebrows of a gorilla, arms and body of a bear, jaws, teeth, and mane of a lion, legs and tail of a wolf, and the tusks of a wild boar.

4. Prince Naveen is the first prince to not be the same ethnicity as his princess

And a lot of black people were pissed. To date, Disney has not had a black prince for any princess, not even the one black princess they have in their lineup. Prince Naveen’s character was meant to be gorgeous so that ladies would be fawning all of him. Naturally, part of this was because he’s a prince, but the other meant that he was super attractive. The overall concept was to imply interracial love is okay. However, many of the black community took it to mean that while black women can be attractive, black men cannot.

5. Flynn Rider was portrayed as a thief in ‘Tangled’ because creators wanted to make him edgier

Flynn was originally supposed to be a prince, of course, because the maiden was a princess. And while he isn’t the first male love interest in a Disney film to not be of royal descent, he is by far the most sarcastic and egotistical. This was 100% on purpose as the creators wanted more humor and rebellion in the film, though critics think it was just a ploy by Disney to appeal more to the male audience.

The creators put together the traits and antics of Han Solo and Indiana Jones to create his thieving attributes.

There’s way more information out their on the male Disney characters, but I found these to be the most interesting. And while you may have heard of some of them, hopefully you learned something new today!

**BONUS FACT: And, just for a bonus since you good people read my Take, although not stated in the film, Flynn is conceptualized to be 26 and Rapunzel 18, making them the Disney couple with the largest age gap.

Elarra is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 5

another good take

So Flynn likes 'em young eh? Good for him.
    Flynn is also the main character in TRON - wonder if Rapunzel is where he escapes to when he goes into his TRON computer world? Would make sense why no one sees him for so long - he's hanging out with his 18 year old beauty queen

Great take, I would like seeing a cougar princess now with her prince being younger guy of another race lol. That could be the biggest age gap between a Disney couple also

What racial ethnicity is Naveen then?

Naveen is an Indian name.

He is from a place representative of that. He is similar to Cajuns, though definitely not in a Creole way.

Okay then. I'm just going to go away now, this is getting stupid.

That is really cool - Lots of stuff I didn't know

What Girls Said 8

Very interesting take. :)

• 4d

Love this! Disney is the best!

• 4d

nice-

Lovely take, Eugene (aka Flynn) is my favorite.

Haha nice take I enjoyed reading it😀

Seriously with the black people stuff? I feel like no matter what you do black people will never be satisfied with anything ever.

Um... okay, that's not true lol

Okay I'm just gonna block you now, because you keep on @in me. And putting a reverse psychology on me.
      X.

that was funny
    I didn t know any of it :P

I liked this. I knew the first one... I noticed that.