3 TV Shows That Stand the Test of Time

A lot of television shows really haven't stood up well. However, there are quite a few that stand the test of time. Here are three of the ones that I personally think stand up the best.

The Twilight Zone

This is easily one of the greatest television shows in history. What I find incredible is just how well the things that by all rights have no reason to stand up do. The morals, yeah, the moral of the story are told without a heavy hand and are often still relevant today. The writing is incredible. There are some legitimate scares to be found.

The X-Files

I should inform you that this is in fact my favorite television show. I love this show so much but the fact that it holds up. Its still incredibly well written, its still genuinely scary, and genuinely thrilling. Its just such a great show.

Columbo

This is the greatest detective show of all time in my opinion. The show tells you who killed the person; they show it as the first thirty minutes of an episode. The other hour of the episode shows how Columbo eventually catches them. Columbo does this by pretending to be stupid. He gets the suspect to lower their guard against the man they assume is a moron.

However, Columbo is ALWAYS the smartest guy in the room. He always gets the killer. The killer question being his iconic line: "oh, just one more thing." Columbo is a rarity as well, an American policeman who outright refuses to carry a gun. Of course, he never needs one and he's not stupid so if a suspect is likely to get violent then Lt. Columbo will bring along a few patrolmen with him.

Waffles731 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 4

X-files is the best

• 8d

cool,,

Nice, I'll have to keep these in mind. I've been meaning to watch the X-Files. So much good TV, so little time!
    What episodes of The Twilight Zone do you find the scariest? I'd like to have some ideas for a watchlist next Halloween!

Yes, Waffles, YES!!! You have great taste. Agree. You make me want to watch Columbo now. And you made me want to watch X-Files, it's a classic :') And yasss The Twilight Zone is <3 an amazing show.

What Guys Said 10

All fantastic!

I never got into The Twilight Zone but I acknowledge its obvious greatness, and The X-Files and Columbo are two of my favorites as well. Besides the fact that I still think a mid-'90s Gillian Anderson is the hottest female imaginable ( ;) ), the X-Files was incredibly well-written, well-acted, and well-produced.

Columbo was wonderfully inventive and Peter Falk's character is just plain legendary.

X-Files? With it constant fear of 2012? I'll pass.

I completely agree with this list 100%

Agreed about the "The Twilight Zone". My personal favorite episode is called "In His Image": about a guy who has strange, sudden bouts of murderous insanity, and who finds that his childhood memories about his hometown are somehow all wrong.

One of the greatest TV shows ever.

I love X-Files and Twilight Zone, but don't forget about Star Trek, Doctor Who, and The Outer Limits.

I confess I'm an X-Files fan, in fact when it was at it's peak, I was a member of the fan club and I was collecting the comics and cards, I still have them and I even have an issue where I wrote and they published my letter. (I know I'm a Geek), but there you have it. :-)

Colombo wouldn't last a second on Drugs, Inc. Screw bringing a few patrolmen along; he'd have to bring in an entire black ops team! To take on a monster like that, you almost have to be as crazy as General Ross from the Hulk films.

The other two... sort of work.

I love twighloht zone. I love 1950s/1960s sci-fi, but I've also just started really getting into anthology. I just power watched black mirror and good god is that shit good 😫💦

Also, 3 stooges should be on this list 👍

Freaking love the twilight zone

Great call on first two - For some reason I never took to "Columbo"