5 Minor Characters In Avatar The Last Airbender I Wish I Knew More About

Minor characters are generally not that important in a plot. However, these are the characters I wished I saw more of in the show.

Avatar Kyoshi

She's a minor character in Avatar The Last Airbender. I wonder what her life story is. I like her because she seems like she has my personality and we share some things in common especially with the shoe size thing and the height thing! I wonder what her face looks like underneath the heavy makeup.

Avatar Aang's Parents

They have only been showed once. Aang has never talked about them or showed interest in who they are. I wonder how his parents felt when they gave him up to the Southern Air Temple. I wonder if he ever saw them again after this scene. I wonder if they have any other kids besides Aang. I wonder how they fell in love and I wonder if they are airbenders. Did they know Aang is the Avatar? The list goes on and on.

Iroh's Son

I wonder if he was a good man just like Iroh was. Who is his mom? What was his relationship like with all his family members? What good things did he do? How did he die? I wonder what his life story is.

The Handless Avatar

I wonder how she learned how to bend all four elements without any hands. What were her struggles as the Avatar? How did she fight all her battles?

Tylee

She was cute, funny, and bubbly. I used to have a cartoon crush on her and I wish I knew more about her because she seems interesting.

Library is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

• This is great and I agree with everything on your list. Avatar the Last Airbender was my shit! I wish there was at least one episode about Aang's parents I was always really curious about them.

static.zerochan.net/....Airbender.full.1812704.jpg

Look at the main characters all grown up!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Thinking on this now, while I have never followed the cartoon, I did watch the live action film, and while not terrible, I came away with far more questions than answers. I suspect that like many things, this particular story line didn't translate well to a live action film.

Sponsored

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 4

• Wow! Great take! I've been on a "90's cartoon conspiracy theories" kick lately. The trip down memory lane has been fun ^_^

• Iroh's son is one I wish we had seen more often too. Such an amazing series!

• perfect

• thanks for sharing

What Guys Said 9

• I'd take Ty Lee off that list, because we get her near-complete biography straight from her own lips during the series. We know all about her. And Kyoshi's borderline- we do know a fair bit about her. The ones I'd add to that list instead?

'Combustion Man'- the single most powerful individual in the series who isn't the Avatar, easily. And he's apparently legendary, known far and wide as "the best of the best". But we know literally nothing about him, not even his name- he never says a single word. Who on earth is he? And what's his story? He's also the only person in the series- in both series- who has grey eyes but isn't an airbender. Is this mere coincidence? Or does he have airbender heritage as well?

Fire Lady Ursa- Zuko and Azula's mum, and Ozai's wife, who abandoned them and vanished without trace. She is the reason why all of those characters are the way they are- losing her made Zuko obsessed with his honor to the extent where he challenged the war council and faced the Agni Kai. Made Azula the attention-seeking little girl who became obsessed with perfection and achievements to try and gain some appraisal and affection from her father, convinced that her mum had abandoned her because she "believed I was a monster". Made Ozai the psychopathic mass-murderer he became, willing to slaughter everyone in his path, scar his only son for life and banish him away to the furthest reaches of the earth permanently after being abandoned by the only woman he ever loved. Why did she leave? Where did she go? And what was she actually like?

• *both series- ATLA and ATLK. Everyone else with that grey eye color in the Avatarverse ended up being an airbender. And combustion is effectively just air burning. Could Combustion Man be an airbender?

• I wish I knew more of that cabbage guy.

• I'm not one of those people that cries at cartoons. That's weird. But the scene with Iroh on the hill... that shit's heavy.
    And to top it off, that was the last scene of the show the voice actor recorded before he died. ;-;

• And the Cabbage Man.

• I wish they had made a separate journey to find zoukohs mother and not used manga to tell it.

• interesting topic

• I want to see an Avatar set in between the first one and Kora I think it would be very interesting

• This was such a great show brings back memories haha.

• This kind of stuff might hurt your chances with girls. Just putting it out there.

• How so? Avatar is awesome.

• @Relentless_Hippie - Now that I think about it, you're right. My two daughters were always into watching Spirited Away. One daughter had a thing for Radish Man for some reason, and the other daughter had a thing for No-Face.

• Oh my goodness I love Spirited away! I was pretty young when I saw it but it's so good!