Best PC Third-Person Games

No, I don't have a PSwhatever nor do I have the means for it, I don't have an X-box nor do I want one [yeah, I'm also jealous of all you rich *itches xD]. I only have a PC therefore this MyTake is reserved solely for those amazing games that you actually CAN play on a PC...that can be quite entertaining!

Why 'third-person' you might ask... Well - it's because it gets quite dodgy when I play first person - nauseated at the mere thought!

Most of these are also OPEN WORLD which gives an additional value and charm to the games - which is always a plus!

Aaaaaaaaaaand here they are; IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:

Tomb Raider series

Sleeping Dogs

Assassins Creed series

Watch Dogs

Mafia II

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell series

Dead Rising 3

Grand Theft Auto series

Saints Row Gat out of Hell

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Which PC Third Person games do YOU like?

Do you agree with my list?

Which ones would you recommend?

626
LittleSally is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• Assassins creed is overrated and the first game I would call good in the series is Syndicate (I know that's a very unpopular opinion) So is the GTA series
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a28132-waffles-lists-the-top-5-most-overrated-game-franchises
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a28233-most-overrated-video-games-round-2
    The GTA series had a point back when but now all it does has been done better.
    I loved sleeping dogs and the splinter cell games.
    Watch dogs was fun

• The worst AC is 4 followed by Syndicate xD
      The first one was the best of the saga.

• @AleDeEurope Yeah, I personally think that all of the ones before syndicate were mediocre at best,
      I was genuinely surprised to see a good game from Assassins Creed.
      I'm not a assassins creed fan, I AM A STEALTH GAME FAN.
      How many hours how you logged in thief the dark project and dishonored?

• I've only played Dishonored (don't know if I completed them, though). But you can't compare those games with an AC. You can't teleport in an AC like you can in Dishonored, 'cause that's not something humans can do.
      I'm a stealth fan too (the last 2 Deus Ex I completed them in stealth mode), but it's more difficult to create a stealth game when there's no guns, no CCTV cameras, no magic or non-human type of powers. There's always been quite a lot of stealth in AC games, but it's not like in typical stealth games. You can literally complete AC1 without killing anyone except the people you're supposed to kill (until you reach Arsuf). Though AC wasn't made to be specifically a stealth game, that's why the first ones lacked the ability to hide under cover, or simply just crouch.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, i play all three ps, xbox, pc...

I like the GTA series, pretty much the same game over and over again... and i always enjoy the open world aspect of it even though i dont think I've ever actually beat the storylines.

Assassins creed ws a nice game on the first one or two of the series. It was new and different, but the latest games just dont hold up as well i think.

Splinter cell is always good. This one is a classic and the formula never gets old.

Dead Rising is a nice hack n slash with lots of gore, great when you dont wnt to get into something overly complex but wanna feel like you are taking the world down with you.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 25

• I played the earlier Tomb Raider games before; 1996 original and basically any of the Core Design originals, and I found them to be much harder for me and had a high learning curve and I never got back to finishing them. However, I did play the 2013 reboot on my PS3 eventually and noticed a big difference, and I was actually able to complete a Tomb Raider game for once. I think I'd play the sequel Rise Of The Tomb Raider since I actually liked the reboot. I'm also interested in looking into first reboot from 2006 to 2008 from Crystal Dynamics.

The other games I've seen GTAV, Assassin's Creed, Saints Row 4 and a commercial for Watchdogs before. Out of all of them I think I would want to play Watchdogs since I find the theme and story to be most interesting.

• Well, third person games are practically the only type of games I play, because I dislike first person games.
    I prefer fighting games, RPG, and Strategy games, but if I would choose just Adventure, Action and Horror games, my favorites are: Resident Evil, Tomb Raider and Assassins Creed.

• Resident Evil
    Gears of War
    Max Payne
    Devil May Cry
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
    The Witcher
    Batman
    [Prototype]
    Mega Man X (It's 2.5 D tho)
    Blades of Time
    X-Men
    Total Overdose
    Prince of Persia
    The Elder Scrolls

• grand theft auto for sure

sleeping dogs is ok but falls short in graphics and game play
    assassin's creed 2 was epic but since then they've fallen short every time

• Mass effect? One of the best story RPG.

Dragon Age series? Started out as classic RPG then involved into action RPG. Still one of the best when it comes to story.

Dark Souls series? 3rd person action RPG with really hard fighting.

The Witcher series? Action RPG with a really mature story. For mature audience only.

• We are very different gamers.

I'll stick to Dota 2, Overwatch, The Dishonored series and whatever solid RPGs I can get my hands on.

• Without a doubt The Witcher 3.
    Sally if you have never tried it you owe it to yourself to quit this site, get the game and come back once you beat it. People have been getting over 100 hours in that game.

• Tried it. Didn't like it...

• Didn't expect that since the game has such universal appeal. What did you dislike about it?

• It was too fantasy oriented for me... Also the game had a bit of a slow pace as well. Maybe even the 'main mission' itself just turned out to be boring.

• Haha I'm not good in these things but I'd play the mafia one... just for the fun of it 8)
    Call me Berlusconi Sally!

• When it comes to PC gaming i tend to play point and click and strategy games most often. games like kings quest, heroes of might and magic and Civilization

• vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest
    GTA San Andreas, one of the greatest games for it's time.
    vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest
    And I know Mario 64 isn't technically a PC game but that's one of the best things about PC's, you can do whatever the !$#@ you want.

• How bout no how bout War Thunder amirite or amirite folks

• Resident evil series in there and you're set!

• Not a gamer but am intrigued... what is Watch Dogs about? Do you have a synopsis for it?

• Set within a fictionalized version of Chicago, Illinois, the single-player story follows a hacker and his efforts to seek revenge after the killing of his niece.

• That sounds pretty good... a bit of tech and action...

• I'm nt an aficionado of these games, but I'd go with Saints Row..

• Prince of Persia, Mass Effect, KOTOR I & II, Hitman

• I like the Prince of Persia series, Tomb Raider series and the GTA series.

• As if you don't have Mass Effect on that list. You should be a shamed of your self.

• *"ashamed" and "yourself" - that's what you should be ashamed of, buddy. =)

• Don't make it out that I don't know how to spell. My spell checker on my phone should automatically do it but its not working correctly.

• I like GTA, Tomb Rider, Uncharted
    I recommend Metal Gear Solid

• Sorry Little Sally I can't help you on this one, I don't play those computer games online

• Gears of War 4 is *awesome* on PC.

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 5

• I like all of them cause I can't stand first person games too.

• Since I work in IT the whole day, I am happy I can do other stuff in the evening and weekend.

• Never seem to get tired of it. Tech support by day, gamer by night hehe.
      I am truly passionate about my hobby and made my career out of it.

• I've played all Splinter Cell games, I'm waiting for the next one.

• I've only played GTA & Assasins creed, and both were played on PS4 ahaha, but mb one day I'll give computer gaming a try. Apart from that, the only thing I do on my PC is play the Sims 3/4 😔 sporadically, like several times a year at best.

• interesting