WHY DID J. K. ROWLING KILL SIRIUS BLACK?

I'm reading the 4th part, and I just fell in love w the character Sirius, but I know he's going to die in the next books. When Harry finally gets one and last family member, who cares for him too, J. K. Rowling kills him, I just can't bear thr thought I'll soon be reading about Sirius' death, it breaks my heart. He's such a good family member yo Harry, and last...

Most Helpful Guy

• It makes Harry's struggle against voldemort truly personal.

V killed Harry's parents, but he was an infant and never knew them, so there was a distance to his loss. It was always a story to him, other people knew his parents and he didn't.

Harry's love for Sirius came from a personal bond created by experience. His death steels his resolve so he can do what is necessary to defeat voldemort.

Most Helpful Girl

• You think that's bad? Wait until you see how it could've been avoided

• I've just read it and it couldn't be avoided in any way. Bellagrix just killed him there wasn't anyone near them. Sirius laughed and asked if she could do better and she killed him. It couldn't be avoided or what did you mean?

• At the end of the book, Harry finds the mirror that he could have used to contact Sirius to find out if he was okay, rather than using the Floo network

What Guys Said 1

• i can't give a more serious well thought out answer than @Dandeus so i will simply say... she got writers block :P

What Girls Said 0