Does anyone else think Star Wars is boring?

So with the new Star Wars coming out in the US today I decided to go ahead and ask the question that's been bugging me. Is Star Wars boring? I mean I grew up surrounded by it. The cartoon series the light sabers toys. I grew up with it all but I never sat down to watch all the movies until recently. Before then the only movie I'd seen was The Phantom Menace and seeing how much that movie got shat on I thought I was in for a treat. Don't get me wrong I understand it's dated and you can't compare it to modern day movies but I've watched 2001 a space odessey and that movie still holds up in my opinion. But Star Wars was just boring to me. Am I missing something? Is there some explanation of the plot that makes it more interesting?

• Yes Star Wars is boring
  • No Star Wars is forever great

Most Helpful Girl

• ಠ_ಠ

media.riffsy.com/.../raw <- I'm joking

In all seriousness, it probably just isn't for you. I just don't get into harry potter. It bores the hell out of me. Do you like startrek by any chance?

• I do like Star Trek. I usually like stuff like this but the story was just way too slow and not very climactic to me

• Hmmm, hey do you see all the stuff in quotations or is that just me? I didn't type it and don't know why it is there. :/

• Yeah I assumed it was some weird coding issue and just ignored

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm gonna have to watch all of them first to know for certain what I feel and think about them. Without a doubt the original trilogy would probably be better than the Trilogy of Prequels and possibly better than the new film that was recently released.

The androids R2D2 and C3P0 have some of my attention. Gonna want to discover more about those kind of characters.

I find myself more into Horror mixed with Science Fiction, and as well as Action. Examples are the Alien movies, Event Horizon, or The Thing. Still trying to think of some well known Space Futuristic Horror Sci-Fi themed movies.

What Girls Said 8

• Meh, it can be. The movies are badly paced and they drag a lot. But I think that overall, the story is good and I enjoy them.

• Er... I tired once!

• I've always found it boring, but I'm cool with it. I like it when people geek out to things like Star Wars, Marvel comics/superheros, Harry Potter, LOTR, and all that.

• Star Trek fan here! Star Wars is horrendous.

• Never watch it the characters seems too fake for my taste! I prefer Star Trek!

• Omg YES finally someone who understands me😭🙏🙏🙏

• I personally love it... but whatever

• I've seen them all but it's been ages so I don't remember what they're about. I did rewatch the first one last week and it reminded me how boring it was

What Guys Said 10

• Star Wars can be boring IF you go into with without the intention of getting to like it. If you have the mindset that it will be boring, the yes perhaps the movie won't change your mind. It doesn't have anything super unexpected like, say, Interstellar did. That movie started off boring af but it was just SO good at the end.

So yea, depends on your mindset.

• If you're referring to the clone wars cartoon don't use that as a judge. That show is horrendous and I don't care what Disney says it's not canon in my eyes. Honestly I ignore anything that isn't part of the original trilogy (unaltered. fucking Han shot first), the extended universe stuff and the Old Republic stuff. Everything else is crap.

• You know what's boring? Lord of the Rings. The story is amazing. The history Tolkien created is amazing. BUT... he was a linguistics professor, not a novelist. I read it as a kid and loved it, but I tried reading it again as an adult and couldn't make it past chapter two.

Star Wars, to me, isn't boring.

• I think Star Wars is as timeless as 2001: A Space Odyssey, and I love both.

• not boring, but geeky and dull. they're ok, but i won't see this film. Blurays come out quick anyhow.

• Wa... *force holds you* I find your lack of faith disturbing.

• I love how 100% of guys here love star wars, it's only the girls that are 50 50 haha

• Star Wars is fantastic.

• Not the best films ever. The prequels can get boring. They have great moments, though.

• Not to me but it's not surprising if you do. It's a fact that everything will not be liked by everyone... The thing about Star Wars is it has made impacts to the cinema audience. It was different to other sci fi back in the 70's therefore made it memorable to generations to come..