1. Harry Potter felt his stomach flip over for Cho Chang the moment he saw her and pretty much every other time ever since (including the final book).
2. Harry always fancied her (finding her both physically and personally appealing). Note who he wanted to ask to the dance, ask out, etc. Quite frankly, in very book since she is introduced (book 3), he likes her.
3. It seems the author suddenly forgot what she had built up and instead opted for someone who made no sense in a hurry, having focused on the main plot that the romance subplot was forgotten till the last moment. Ginny is family, not fancy material (Harry displayed no interest in her whatsoever at any point, then randomly likes her, no way). People fall for people, but they still have to be physically into them initially which he wasn't.
4. With Cho there was always and immediately instant rapport between them.
5. If not Cho, then the author did give room for Hermione being a potential sexual mate. After all, she suddenly kisses him on the cheeks "for the first time" at the end of book 4.
6. Hermione actually would have been a nice touch if Cho had fallen through. She had been absolutely loyal to him unlike other so called friends (aka Ron who was nothing more than a disloyal moody leech who often abandoned Harry at moments of trouble e. g. book 4).
7. In terms of Cho, Cho always stood by Harry in book 4, and came back to support him in book 5 and 7.
8. In defence of Hermione, pretty sure Harry would have had a fantasy about her now and again. I mean, as in must have spent some time with a few of her FB photos right?
9. Harry might have simply met a brand new hottie at a coffee shop or a Quidditch match and hit it off.
10. Finally, with Hermione, there was the rapport of friendship, and with Cho the rapport of interests, the physical attraction immediate, and the spark between them.
YOU MUST CHOOSE, vote now between what is right and what is easy...
- Cho Chang20% (4)31% (4)24% (8)Vote
- Hermione Granger40% (8)46% (6)42% (14)Vote
- A brand new hottie from after graduation40% (8)23% (3)34% (11)Vote
And explain your thoughts