1. Harry Potter felt his stomach flip over for Cho Chang the moment he saw her and pretty much every other time ever since (including the final book).
2. Harry always fancied her (finding her both physically and personally appealing). Note who he wanted to ask to the dance, ask out, etc. Quite frankly, in very book since she is introduced (book 3), he likes her.
3. It seems the author suddenly forgot what she had built up and instead opted for someone who made no sense in a hurry, having focused on the main plot that the romance subplot was forgotten till the last moment. Ginny is family, not fancy material (Harry displayed no interest in her whatsoever at any point, then randomly likes her, no way). People fall for people, but they still have to be physically into them initially which he wasn't.
4. With Cho there was always and immediately instant rapport between them.
5. If not Cho, then the author did give room for Hermione being a potential sexual mate. After all, she suddenly kisses him on the cheeks "for the first time" at the end of book 4.
6. Hermione actually would have been a nice touch if Cho had fallen through. She had been absolutely loyal to him unlike other so called friends (aka Ron who was nothing more than a disloyal moody leech who often abandoned Harry at moments of trouble e. g. book 4).
7. In terms of Cho, Cho always stood by Harry in book 4, and came back to support him in book 5 and 7.
8. In defence of Hermione, pretty sure Harry would have had a fantasy about her now and again. I mean, as in must have spent some time with a few of her FB photos right?
9. Harry might have simply met a brand new hottie at a coffee shop or a Quidditch match and hit it off.
10. Finally, with Hermione, there was the rapport of friendship, and with Cho the rapport of interests, the physical attraction immediate, and the spark between them.
YOU MUST CHOOSE, vote now between what is right and what is easy...
I would have put him with someone other than Ginny too, but I don't know who that'd be. Maybe Cho but not until the last book, maybe just in the epilogue, they both needed a lot of time to heal. I do love Ginny but I dunno, I feel like the Harry x Ginny relationship was kinda creepy when looking at the James x Lily relationship.
I always thought he would end up with Hermione not Ginny. Nor did I think Ron would be with Hermione. As far as Cho goes, meh... I would have liked to seen him with that one little weird blonde chick though, Luna I think her name is. But honestly I voted for a new girl... ME😈 mwahahahhaaaaa. Seriously a new chick like that Pretty Black babe at the restaurant or Hermione! Ginny isn't bad, she is a sweet gir so it's an ok decision I guess.
Dude, he wasn't initially attracted to her, because she was a 10 year old kid and she was also his best friend's sister. As for Hermione, he was never actually attracted to her. Cho was an indecisive bitch, who could never make up her own mind. He was his first love but it didn't work out. So my pick would be either Ginny or Luna (I freaking adore Luna :p).
i never read the books, I never cared to. However, with Harry being the main character, and Hermione being the main female lead/one of his best friends/someone he went through traumatic things with, it almost seems to go against good writing to not have them together, without VERY good reasons being given for why they chose to not pursue each other.
Cho was a replacement... hell no. im surprised he ended up with Ginny... because him and Hermione were destined to be together from the start. i just thought it was weird when Ron started to like her. Cho was not even in that equation at all.
well to get technical, it makes mores sense for harry's character to choose ginny since his greatest pain is being abandoned by his family so ginny offers him a full place in the weasley clan where as cho is just a hot smart Asian girl.
everyone saw Harry and Hermione coming, so it was a surprise for me to find out Hermione ends up with Ron, and Harry with Ginny. i like Harry with Ginny, but he and Luna Lovegood would've made a cute couple too.