Who was the best lead singer for Van Halen?

Explain why you think the guy you voted for was the best! If you voted #4, explain why you don't like them and which guy (s) you like.

• David Lee RothWho was the best lead singer for Van Halen?
  • Sammy HagarWho was the best lead singer for Van Halen?
  • Gary CheroneWho was the best lead singer for Van Halen?
  • I don't like Van Halen, but I like one, two, or all three lead singers

Most Helpful Girl

• Tie between DLR and Sammy.

I think of DLR and their beginning music when I hear of/listen to Van Halen but Sammy was better than Gary. Sammy was equally as good as DLR in my opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm going with Sammy Hagar. I like his voice better and he gave Eddie Van Halen the lyrical depth that he wanted for the music. He got pretty tired of every song being about girls, partying, and sex.

• Yeah. Sammy could actually sing. When they were live and were playing "Dreams" I noticed that Michael Anthony sang a little bit. His voice is really cool. I loved how his voiced melded perfectly with Eddie's in the early albums!

• Sammy's solo material is pretty neat too!

What Girls Said 5

• I clicked DLR but that's a tough one because Dave was the original and an amazing showman but my guy and I saw them a couple years ago and Dave has basically lost his voice.
    We saw Sammy Hagar in his current band and he still has it. I love them both on the radio or my phone (studio recordings)

• Roth, that song "Jump" is my favorite song by Van Halen :D

• It was always hard for me to choose whether I liked DLR or Sammy Hagar better. Gary Cherone was never in the equation for me.
    And I think I liked Sammy Hagar best.

• I have no Idea who those people are

• Don't now any of them haha

What Guys Said 7

• I liked David Lee Roth best . He was the lead man when I first started listening to Van Halen.

• Me, too. My first Van Halen song was "Jump" and I loved the video where Eddie was playing the synthesizer.

• Gary was first the lead singer for the band Extreme which is from my home town of Boston.
      they had hits in the 90's like More Than Words and Hole Hearted

• @SarahsSummer I do remember " more than words " dang good song. Thanks for clueing me in

• I think it's kind of apples and oranges. Roth was the perfect fit when hair bands were a thing. Hagar was the perfect fit in the 90s. The music changed a lot between them. The 1984 album is a rock classic and Jump is still in my top 10 all-time, so I voted Roth, but they put out some really good stuff with Hagar too. I quit following them in the 90s - never heard of Cherone til this post.

• sammy i thought was the best singer although DLR was the most charismatic and of course is eternally who i think of when i think of Van Halen frontman

however i voted for Sammy

• if the question was best front man i say DLR
      if the question is best singer i say Hagar

• David Lee Roth is the best, hands down. He makes them what they are in terms of singing.

• Van Roth was easily the best era.

• Roth of course. When I saw them sadly it was with Sammy. He wasn't bad but was so full of himself and wasted 30 minutes talking about eating pussy.

• Ha man I use to like van Helen when I was in my rock faze for 2 years I like kiss when to one concert at rodeo Houston twisted sisters the queen AC DC