Does Pokemon promote animal cruelty?

In the world of pokemon, pokemon are captured and kept in pokeballs which are basically like prisons. The pokemon is shrunk down and confined to tight little ball where they are alive, and conscious but can't really move around and only get released when the trainer deems so.
Does Pokemon promote animal cruelty?
[Physical theory is the correct theory as the pokemon can hear everything in the outside world while in pokeball]
In addition they are forced to fight other pokemon and some might even be their family, carry out dangerous life and death missions on behalf of their master and sometime be used for manual labor (without any pay). So essentially it's akin to dog fights.
vs

In addition the start pokemon you don't pick is put down by Professor of each game and their corpse is discarded in a dumpster.

Also poaching is actually exist in the pokemon world.

Do you think pokemon promotes animal cruelty?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• It's slavery all over again #wakeup.

What Girls Said 8

• DANGER AHEAD.
    This POKEMAN has Caused a lot of Disasters, I am hearing.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• No, I've literally never thought of it that way O. o

• When you put it that way, yes.
    But they aren't real. I don't see why someone would worry about this when everyday there are cats, dogs, rabbits, pigs, cows, mice, chickens, monkeys, etc being tested on and killed daily. Do you care about them?
    This just seems like a trivial matter PETA would jump on.

• No I don't give a shit about virtual animals rights.

• Of course not

• It's just a game.

• pokemons are pokemons, maybe animals look alike but they have special powers and abilities and they exist to be trained and to fight.
    I've never seen Pikachu sad, he's happy, he loves Ash and Ash loves Pikachu more than anything else. <3
    same as we love our pets.
    ps. Parrots are also kept in cages and no one complains.

• No, because Pokemon are NOT animals. They will never be considered animals. They do not live, they do not breathe, and they're just an animation. It's a game.

By the logic of this question, most videos games would be "promoting" animal cruelty.

What Guys Said 16

• To be honest, yes. In fact, team Rocket is not antagonist, they are protagonist. They try to save Pokémon from being captured. It is a sad-sad world.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...48603975ec.jpg
    You have to click and zoom the image.

• Pokemon doesn't consider Pokemon to be "animals", and doesn't tell you to cram your dog into a ball. So no.

• It celebrates mental retardation.

• It's a show meant for kids who can't really grasp the concept of animal cruelty anyway. For them it's about catching cool monsters with superpowers and then battling others with said monsters.

• 1. it´s fiction. even fictional animal cruelty doesn´t promote real animal cruelty

2. if you ever watched pokemon, you´d realize, that pokemon never show a sign of "not wanting to fight". they are eager to compete and like their trainer... and if they do not consent, it´s shown in a negative light and it´s clear that "that is not how it is supposed to be".

• Yes, I'm secretly ashamed but go out into the night and try to cram animals into tiny balls pokemon told me to.

• Look, Pokemon covered this question in Generation 5.

Team Plasma wanted to separate Pokemon and humans completely by creating a black world and a white world (hence black and white)

PETA went batshit and asked this question as well

Unless you find a correlation between an increase in Pokemon interest and an increase in animal fighting, you can't say Pokemon promotes animal cruelty because it's a video game and nowhere near the only one of its kind

• I have the feeling that if someone, on Usa, remembers to prosecute Nintendo using these urguments, it would actually win.

• If yo look at how Pokemon are actually tested in that universe, it's horrendous, and kinda ironic when they preach caring for pokrmon at the same time

But I don't think it increases animal cruelty at all

• Yes, Pokemon and GTA both indeed cause kids to become violent and pollute our clean society.

• This is all a matter of someone having a paradigm different from the actual purpose. That's like saying The Walking Dead is influencing the CDC to come up with a massive outbreak.

• You are at the same level of stupid as the feminists , good sir.

• Apparently everything promotes something bad now. It is just a game and an anime.

• Kill yourself

Actually as in having pets. That could be cruel I guess since they always want to run away

• Yes it does.

• wtf? who can't differentiate between virtual and reality?