Eyeliner Style For Your Eye Shape

Wondering what your eyeliner should look like? What is the most flattering shape for your eyes?

Read on! ^-^

Eyeliner Style For Your Eye Shape

Close set eyes

To create the illusion of the eyes being further away from the nose than they are, apply makeup towards the outer part of the eye. While applying eyeliner, don’t extend the line up to the tear duct area, instead, extend the line outward, past the lash line. The winged look is a great look to try on these eyes.

Deep set eyes

Deep set eyes create the illusion of a prominent brow bone as eyes are set deeper into the skull. While applying eyeliner, ensure that you apply a fine line. Thick lines and smudgy makeup will make your eyes sink deeper. Fine lines and light eye shadows is what will work for you.

Protruding eyes

Protruding eyes create the illusion of projected or bulging eye lids. On the positive side, the extra lid space lets you play around with colors and styles. To “push in” your eyes a bit, apply thick eyeliner on the upper lash line. Similarly, choose darker eye shadows to further diminish the lid space.

Hooded eyes

With hooded eyes, the eye lid almost vanishes as there is an extra layer of skin that droops over the crease. Applying eyeliner for hooded eyes can be tricky as a very thick line will make you eye look smaller and a very thin line will not be sufficient to camouflage the ‘hood.’ What you need to do is apply a dark eye liner into the lash line. This will help define the lash line without creating width.

Wide set eyes

Wide set eyes are further away from the nose bridge than normal. Apply eyeliner such that you bring the focus inwards, towards your tear ducts. To do this, apply eyeliner from the tear duct region and extend outward, but be careful to stop at the last lash.

The size of your eyes is important too;

Small eyes

If you have small eyes, like Taylor Swift, you should focus more on your lashes than your eyeliner, especially if you want to make your eyes pop and look bigger. Another way to help is eyeliner. Use a felt tipped tool and draw a very thin but precise line along your upper lashes.

Big eyes

Just refer to what shape your eyes are. You can work it. ^-^

LittleSally is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 1

• that's nice... but you being pretty shapes your life, so it figures.

• Like any other woman...

• No problem. =)

• what problem? never said there is a problem..

What Girls Said 11

• nice take and guide!

• For me the hardest is to know what my eye shape is xD

• Just look at yourself in the mirror - front and center and the profile. =)

• This was so helpfulll thaanks girl!!

• I want try number 8

• Nice tips.
    The small eyes section was a little short. If you have small eyes, do NOT use liquid liner. Anything harsh is bad. I have small eyes and learned to use cream or khol liner and
    1. Apply a shade of liner a little lighter than your skin tone to the inside corners and on the bottom (something with a hint of shimmer is especially good).
    2. Apply a darker (any shade of color or brown, but not jet black) liner on the top, thickening towards and extending past the outer corners
    3. Lightly apply from the outer corner to about 1/3 of the way on the bottom, tapering as you go further in.
    4. Apply a lengthening mascara and build up on the outer corners of your top. Do the same for your bottom lashes.
    Optional 5. If you want you can take the shimmery liner (or a light/shimmery eyeshadow of the same color) and lightly dab/smear a bit on your eyelid near the lash line.

• Eyeliner has always been so frustrating for me. I have friends that can pull off the big wings, but I just look like a little girl who got into her mother's make up bag when I try it haha I have hooded eyes, so I can't really do much with them. :( I usually do just tightline the upper lash like and run a bit of black eyeshadow into the top lashes.
    Great Take.

• # 10 is how I do my eyes looks good on me

• Who's the first girl?

• I've never seen anybody do the eyeliner like in #10 Do you? It looks rather weird.

• *Have you?

• I thought they just applied the same make up style that goes well with their clothes on all models in one show, no matter if their eyes are close, wide, deep, hooded or protruding? The girls in those pics don't look like they had wide set eyes to me. Maybe the second girl slightly... but I find her eyes look weirder with that makeup than without any makeup. The egyptian inspired wings are cool though ^^ It looks like birds looking at each other haha

• Yeah, they do. Haha These are just examples of runway models that I've seen wear it.
      Haha I agree. =)

• Not helpfull tbh.

• That's okay. You don't know what your eye shape is?

• I know my eyshape good. But i dont see how you should be basing your makeup after what shape of yours eyes are. Your supposed to wear makeup that suits you the best in your own opinion. Not what it probly should be suiting. Smh this is stupid.

• Fair enough.
      Some people may want their eyes to look even smaller... or even closer, your'e right.

• Great take, girl!