10 Things I Dislike In A Woman's Appearance, And Why

Well I don't dislike all of them, equally. There are some I can tolerate by some degree, but there are others that are absolute turn-offs.

(In Alphabetical Order)

1) Braces

10 Things I Dislike In A Woman's Appearance, And Why.

They just look...weird. See this woman in the picture for example. Generally she's very pretty, but when she smiles and shows off her braces...I feel totally disappointed. I'm honestly surprised how many guys don't have a problem with braces, according to some recent poll results here.

2) Bushy Eyebrows/ Unibrow

Unfortunately (for me at least), bushy eyebrows have started to become more popular lately, unlike thin eyebrows which used to be more popular like 1 or 2 decades earlier. Hope this trend will fade away.

3) Cracked Heels

Well, I'm one of those guys who notice female feet. And cracked heels can be a major turn-off. They cannot be noticed by the first glance, but once she takes off her shoes and you notice her heels... you can feel the disappointment.

4) Curly Hair

I always thought curly hair makes a woman less appealing. Even if she has nice facial features. It might be just me, but I think straight hair makes a woman way more appealing.

5) Flat Stomach

Never understood its appeal personally, and why so many guys like it. Personally, I'd rather if she has some meat to grab. Also if she has a flat stomach, there are more chances to be a health freak which is something I dislike. I like it when a woman knows how to enjoy life, drink and smoke, without constantly worrying if she will gain 1 or 2 pounds by eating a burger, or she will get cancer if she's just being around people who smoke.

6) Glasses

I really dislike how glasses have became trendy in our days. Wish this trend will fade away, because many sexy women who follow this trend tend to uglify themselves. See this girl I posted how much prettier she looks without glasses. She has nice facial features. Glasses can turn her into a grandma. Not a grandma exactly, but you get what i mean I guess. Certainly they make her way less attractive than she is.

To make my point clearer, about how glasses can turn a beautiful/handsome person into an ugly one (in BOTH genders), you can see more pictures of people with and without glasses here

7) Much Shorter Than Me

I mean like 4 inches or more. It might be just me though, since most women I've been with were usually a little bit taller than me, so I'm not used to a woman who will be like 4 inches or shorter than me.

8. Piercing In Tongue

I like piercings both on face and body. But I will make an exception for tongue piercings. They are not flattering at all.

9) Unpainted/Short Nails

Never understood why a woman would choose to have her nails short or unpainted. Aren't they aware that long and colored nails will boost their attractiveness? Especially some dark color like black, crimson or purple can make her look wonderful!!!

10) Unshaved Arms/Armpits

And body hair (including upper lip hair of course) in general. It would be a major turn-off once I notice. It happened a few times when I was on the subway or on the bus. There've been some girls who had a pretty face, but once my eyes went to their arms, I lost interest. Don't understand why a woman would choose to not wax. It will make her less appealing if she doesn't.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 81

• Yeah, I mean everyone has their own preferences, but I'm not sure you'll find lots of girls who shave their arms. With everything else we have to worry about - shaving one's arms is the last thing we're thinking about. xD

• So 2,4,5,6,7,9,10 are all reasons you'd dislike how I look.
    I have hair on my arm as do almost all women, I don't shave my legs constantly and all women have fine hair by their lips (some more noticeable).
    So literally I fall into 7 of those 10.
    Guess I'm ugly!
    I understand having an opinion but DAMN.
    Aren't you just a nitpicky sonofabitch.

• 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

• You keep doin' you young lady! Lol

Most worthwhile dudes like a lady who's got some flavour rather than another generic factory model who looks like every other generic "hot" chick out there.

• @Sara413 Thank you! and I know.

• I have nothing against your take but I believe all girls keep their nails short within reason. As for me, I play the piano so I keep them short. Others simpy don't like having long naols

• Of course you should. Playing piano decently with long nails is just impossible.

• I used to play the violin and always kept my nails short for that. My nails grow very fast and I like having just enough length to be able to grip things and open containers and such, but once they get to about a quarter of an inch long, one usually breaks so I cut the rest short. I can't stand having one a lot shorter than the others.

• Painted long nails and waxed arms? Hahaha thank fuck most dudes don't even notice little shit like that. Never in a million years could I be bothered that that shit. Long nails are a pain in the ass and make everyday tasks more difficult, and nail Polish has to be maintained constantly or else it chips and looks much worse than just plain nails. Plus short nails are easier to keep clean. I actually just trimmed mine the other day because I got my period and didn't wanna be shoving a dirty long ass fingernail in my cooch when I put my Diva Cup in and take it out. Haha priorities - I got em!

And who the fuck waxes their arms? Lol

• Painted long nails, will give you extra points. And thanks for making me almost throw up. I hate it when women talk about periods, I find it gross.

• My nails are long and painted and I still haven't started my period yet. That's probably weird

• @sara413 , damn what is wrong with you , girl? do you like being disgusting !! i have seen every possible disgusting thing u can imagine , working in medicine , but the way u describe things is way more disgusting than anything i have been through !! and even the bigger problem is that you like it !!! damn...

• I understand where you're coming from with all of this, but BRACES... really? I know that braces are optional, but which would you rather have: a woman who wears braces for a few years and then has perfect teeth for the rest of her life, or a woman who never gets braces (because they are "optional", as you stated in a reply to someone else's comment) and she ends up having unattractive, messed up teeth for her entire life.

• Then she'd have to wait till she takes off the braces. But still bad teeth are better than looking like Robocop.

• And here, ladies and gentlemen, is a brilliant example of a person basing womens level of attractiveness by what he sees on TV. Whether he realises thats what he's done or not.

If you're going to tell women you do or dont like something, make sure its something they can actually change.

Cracked heels can be changed, piercings are a choice, and straighteners exist.
    But height and braces especially are things that cannot be changed. I understand this is a preference, but word it less with 'dissapointment' and more, maybe 'not my preference'.

And with the glasses, thats not a fad. That is people needing their vision corrected.

• Braces are optional, nobody forces you to wear them.

• He's not telling them what to do, he's giving his opinion of what is/isn't attractive. I knew you women would rant about this, yet you say nothing when girls make the same kind of myTake.

• @John_Doesnt I think his my take was nice! I have nothing against this post! to each their own! But he is being a little nasty in the comments. I mean I dislike when men have are very muscular- there's nothing wrong with having a preference.

• Hmm okay. I have short nails because I'm a nail biter.
    I have a tongue piercing.
    Sometimes I wear my hair curly, and sometimes I wear it straight.
    What matters the most is that I like myself.
    Since I have frequent admirers they seem to not mind either.
    I don't care about meeting up to every single persons expectation, it's unrealistic.
    But may I say, I think you have way too many!

• And by the way, I hope you meet the criteria of perfection you are looking for.

• Gave it a go, and it's astounding how much self-awareness you lack. Funny how you preach to others that they don't know you and that they are stupid for making up 'extreme' scenarios, then you do it yourself. You expect people to take you seriously? Funniest about it is you can't seem to see that you, yourself can't handle other's differing opinions, so much so that you have to paint them as insecure and angry instead of just accepting that not everybody believes the bullshit you make up.

It's adorable, you think your age makes you wiser and makes you smarter, when you're really just as goofy now as you were when you were a kid. "You're dismissed", hahahahahahaha, whatever makes you feel empowered, princess. Who am I to take your internet badassery away from you when you're weak IRL.

• Let me see... you're single right?

• And proud about it.

• @simplyadorable Not only. I wanted to made my point clear about how some girls are actually unattractive, when they THINK they are not.

• So in their position, you'd rather be gloomy as hell, lazy as f*ck and angry to the world that you hate yourself and everyone else for being ugly? That is never a good solution and i pity whoever lives that way. I DON'T think your take sends out that message or just trolling...

• ... best of luck in finding a woman like that without being a major ass in the process.
    media.giphy.com/media/PcnUjSEMBlpgk/giphy.gif

• You have nice body but if you had colored nails, you would be awesome.

• Guess you didn't pick up on what I actually meant by that.. 😒

• @Mickey712 Explain then.

• Well aren't you just a nitpicky sonuvagun?

• I'm pretty sure you'd prefer braces over crooked teeth though. Don't hate on braces. The end result will be beautiful.
    People use glasses because it's cheaper than messing with lenses all the time, plus it's less time consuming to put them on. Don't hate on people for not having perfect vision lol.
    I have a flat stomach because I just don't get fat from eating whatever I want. Has nothing to do with me being a health freak or not being able to enjoy life.
    I personally keep my nails short and unpainted because my job requires me to. I wash dishes and work around food. I don't want any nail polish chips to land in the food, and don't want to constantly break my nails either since the hot water softens them.
    I have hair on my arms. I'm a fucking mammal. So what lmfao.

I understand some of these preferences but most of them just seem very petty, judgmental and immature to me. Like how/why do you even care about these little things?

• Another dose of perfect logic from lumos :)

• Shush please. Shut yer respective cakeholes! This fellow needs his rest!

• Oh honey, I bet you are so ugly that you'd have to pay ME for going through the trauma of looking at you!!

• 1. Agree, I don't like braces
    2. I fail with this XD I don't like unibrows but thick brows look good for me
    3. Agree
    4. I like curly hair, but straight hair looks better in my opinion
    5. Strongly disagree, I have a flat stomach, I eat a lot and I smoke and drink, I do like to work out tho, and to avoid junk food as much as I can, but if I feel like eating a huge burger, I will freaking eat it. I prefer girls with flat stomach too.
    6. Agree. I'm not a fan of glasses.
    7. I'm short asf, so girls are usually only 4 inches smaller. I like them as tall as me or taller. I'm 5'2.
    8. I like piercings and I wanna get some in a couple of years.
    9. Nails are not something I care about. I bite my nails and I paint them when I feel like to, but I don't do it often. In men I like it when they're short, long nails in men are not attractive.
    10. I won't shave my arms even tho they're hairy lol. I agree with unshaved armpits, that's not attractive.

by the way you're very visual lol

• Umm I can't see without my glasses. I would rather be ugly than get killed while crossing the street !

• Lol glasses are cool and so are piercings, curly hair and flat stomach the guy above is high

• Your not ugly. You are very pretty. Don't worry. :)

• What's your power anyway?

• Well I failed at 4, 5,6,7, 9, and 10. But whatever floats your boat.

• i agree with most except the nails.
    i think pastels are the best.

• Yikes lmao

• So you're into fat girls that smoke and eat burgers, with over plucked eye brows and disgusting long nails... Ewwwk!! That's just effin'gross.. Most likely you'll do just fine attracting that type of girl... Cause us clean girls would be disgusted by a dirty person like that... I need a clean person!! Inside and out!! 💦💦💦💦💦

This take is too gross.. 🙈🙊💩😬!!

• More disgusting than braces?

• Of course!! Very much so. Braces are not permanent..

• I don't have any body hair I don't have glasses or braces my stomach is very flat but muscular my hair is natural straight I don't wear make up I don't have piercings I have long nails (naturally) my feet are very soft my eyebrows are never bushy and they never will be. I'm light skinned and I'm sexy and beautiful

• I don't personally know of any women who shave/wax their arms. Luckily, my arm hair is so fine that I've never really had to worry about it.
    I only had braces from age 12 to 14 thankfully, my heels aren't cracked but are calloused, and I have 20/20 vision.
    I've been really blessed in the eyebrow department and don't really have to do much to them either. When I tell people I hardly do anything to them, they are shocked.
    I definitely do not have a flat stomach, so yay! Haha!
    I'm 5'7" and have always been self conscious about my height, and just recently learned to accept and embrace it, so yay for that too!
    I probably paint my nails once a year at the max. I am in the cleaning business and the chemicals would just strip the paint off anyway. I've never really been patient enough to paint them and let them dry, either, and have never really given much thought to my nails. The length varies, as they grow very fast and I prefer a little bit of length in order to grip and open things more easily, but when they get to about 1/4" one usually breaks, so I cut them all short and they are back in no time.
    I have never had a single piercing in my life, not even my ears. I have always been afraid of needles and still to this day need someone's hand to hold when I get a shot (bad childhood experience with a horrible doctor).
    My hair is naturally curly, but not to the extent of the girl in the photo. My curls are a lot looser, almost to the point of being waves, but form in ringlets near the ends. It's actually probably my most complimented feature, and neither of my past two boyfriends could keep their hands out of it. I have straightened it and it doesn't look bad that way either, but it takes forever and I like low maintenance.
    Interesting take!

• Is this for real? Do you like men then?

I had glasses, thank god I got lasik surgery, I dont paint my nails because its a huge hassle to do all the time and also the enamel on my nail weakens, thankfully I have nice thin neat eyebrows, I also have straight hair, and no braces. But what do you like then?

• No I don't like men.

• More from Girls
    61

What Guys Said 51

• You don't like flat stomachs? Are you out of your fucking mind?

• Read description below.

• media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lylj6eV7sE1qhisau.gif
    Guess there's really no accounting for taste. A girl world be a turn off because of a combination of factors, flaws are acceptable, they're human bro. And maybe you're forgetting. Good luck finding a girl who fits your bill tho. Everyone deserves someone after all.

• all cracked heel ladies...

my doors wide open ;)

• I rate this trolling 7/10. It looks like you put in quite the effort and that's commendable but it isn't all that funny. Just cringeworthy.

• 1) Braces can look cute on some girls, but obviously on most they don't. I don't really care too much though, cause once she gets rid of them, she's gonna have a beautiful smile.

2) I don't like bushy eyebrows either.

3) Same, cracked heels look awful.

4) I'm not a big fan of curly hair, but it's not something I dislike.

5) Flat stomachs are the best, it makes a woman look super hot.

6) I find glasses pretty cute, actually, but it depends on the style.

7) I like them short, but not more than 1 foot shorter. I prefer them to be around 5'5 and 5'7.

8) They look good, but they don't feel that good.

9) Don't care about this

10) Hair on arms is ok as long as it's not too much. Armpit hair is a big NO; get rid of that shit.

Nice Take though, I mean, I don't agree with most, but it's your opinion.

• He's a troll.. obviously

• @musicbrain5 Well that's even worse... what a douche. At least you dodged a bullet, and it ended up great for you, since now you're married.

• @musicbrain5 Whoa, hold on. Thanks for admitting it at least. Is it really bad for someone to have an opinion about a woman's looks? I said what I believe. Is it so bad? Sorry but I don't accept it.

"I really dislike how glasses have became trendy in our days. Wish this trend will fade away."
    Yeah, because it's not like we need them to see or something.

What's up with bashing the dude's opinion like that? he likes what he likes, dislikes what he dislikes. He clearly stated it as an opinion and not a universal truth.

So many butt aches on this take lol

2 5 and 8, i hate that soo much

The only ones I could see having problems with is 3 and 10, but how do you check for 3...

During summer.

• Dude why do you feel like people give a shit what you think

• Not really any turn offs there. Would rather have shaven bits but not a turn off if they aren't.

• the only points i think you're right about are unibrows, cracked heels and armpit hair. considering the other points, i think you have a pretty weird taste.

• I hate when pussies like this one put their dumb views and hide as anonymous

• your tastes are fucked up and shitty. girls dont listen to this guy.

• dude like wow man. hahahahahahahhahaha

• Wow your taste sounds really strict haha.

• I can't emphasis enough how this so doesn't apply to all guys, or even most of them.

• i don't agree with any of that.. except braces, but they have a (sorta/sometimes) medical purpose.

• I disagree with
    4,5,6,7

• I like a lot of those on women. I especially like women who are much shorter than me. But this is just your opinion.

• More from Guys
    31