Why I'm a Big Fan of Vintage Fashion!

Vintage fashion...!!! So delicate and feminine; I think this era (i guess around the 40s-50s) was unique when it comes to style ;)

1. The clothes

Back then; the clothes(really classy) were made from nice, flowy material and cute patterns

2. Makeup

The eyeliner and bright red lips look :* who can resist that?? lol

it looks so classy (its not a surprise if Dita Von Teese first comes to mind when it comes to vintae makeup :p )

3. Underwear

Look at those undergarments! from the corset to the garter belt..it all looks fantastic!!

4. The Accessories

From the shoes to the jewelries/accessories ; they were all detailed and nice looking back then

GAGers....your thoughts on the vintage look?

#StayClassy

zombiebabe is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 3

• I like some of the vintage looks. Some of the dresses are absolutely amazing.

I just can't get past some of the hair styles... no idea why every woman chopped all their hair off and wore it crazy short in the 20s and 30s.

• i agree!! but i guess back then having short hair was considered as attractive :/

• it was a way of rebelling against the society, of changing their roles. Flappers cut their hair, ditched the corsets, showed their legs and wore dark makeup. Before them, especially before 1900 all that was considered indecent. Their appearance was only a part of showing to society they are independent and should have equal rights with men.

• @SirenDep That may have been the reason why it began, but when EVERY woman on the face of the earth wears her hair short, it has long since moved from any sort of rebellion or cultural statement to worldwide fashion acceptance. ;)

• yea, i miss feminine women, now we are just left with pussy men and manly women. If only women were what they used to be

• @SvetlanaSavachenko Well, males and females aren't equal, technically speaking. Our bodies are different, with different functions. But to say that you aren't trying to be (socially) equal with men means that you are willing to give up all the rights that once a long time ago your ancestors fought to have.

• @BlackRaven00 My ancestors came from Russia, I'm only the second generation born in the United States so they didn't fight for anything. They were property and knew it. I was property for a few years till my owner passed, I was happy being property.

• ah, a time where women were raffined and feminine... dead today

What Girls Said 11

• I absolutely love everything about vintage fashion. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

• I have agreed to every point in this Take! 😊
    I rarely see people wearing vintage fashion in a daily basis here, so vintage fashion is a head-turner here.

• Yes! :) I have this old book called How To Dress, and it's a real high school book for girls in the 50's and it reflects that eras idea of hygiene, fashion, and also things like garment making (which is a lost art to most people!) The 40's and 50's were beautiful if nothing else. And yes, Dita is so perfect-like a walking time machine.

• So what's your current hairstyle? Do you wear it in a vintage fashion?

• I'm the same but I range all over the decades (avoiding 70s and 80s!) But 20s through 60s fashions developed so much and really revolutionizes but yes THE UNDERWEAR!! I love it so much!!

• I love vintage fashions especially from the 30's through early 60's. I also love the Victorian era fashions as well. Some of my favorite panties are from the days before elastic, the ones with a drawstring at the waist and leg openings and made of silk. I still haven't let go of my full brief panties, my garter belts or stockings, however for daily wear I wear the stretch stockings but for dates and when I really want to dress up I wear the old fashioned nylons with no stretch I like both the RHT and FF stockings.

• I'm with you-completely. Audrey Hepburn, Sophia Loren, Liz Taylor, Greer Garson, Deborah Kerr, Susan Hayward, etc. All stunningly beautiful (and natural-too!) classy, and sexy. The fashions they wore just accentuated their classy femininity. Love your photo samples and the one of Sophia Loren, is giving me the vapors, ha, ha!

• I own some vintage pieces, which are handed to me by my mother and grandmother. I wear a mixture of styles, rockabilly, gothic, rock and contemporary. I 'm thinking of writing a take on vintage/rockabilly too, stay tuned!

• I love that kind of things <3 I am more like a person who wears totally casual and tomboyish one day but classy and elegant the other day.

• I'm not into wearing classy stuff but I want to see the vintage era to make a come back.