Men's Hairstyles, Part 1 - Easily Recognizable Styles

I noticed there are many Takes about women's hairstyles but few if any Takes on men's hairstyles. So I want to fill in that gap as it can be difficult for guys to find new hairstyles; Google Images really sucks in this department. No matter which men's hairstyle you search for, Google will bring up the same images of the same styles (the pompadour style frequently populates the results) or completely irrelevant styles (including pictures of women's hair).

1. Mohawk

Great if you're in a band, otherwise it's not very professional.

2. Faux Hawk

Not a complete mohawk as there's more hair on the sides. It may be better in winter while the weather is cold to help keep your head warm. Also, I think it's more professional than a full mohawk.

3. Afro

This is a style that would be difficult to force; either you have the hair for it or you don't and if you do then your hair probably isn't versatile enough for other styles.

4. Mullet

This style has had its time but it doesn't seem to be fashionable anymore.

5. Mop Top (the Beatle Haircut)

You know this one, it's a mid-length hairstyle named after and popularized by the Beatles. It's also sported by the character Howard on The Big Bang Theory.

6. Bowl Cut

Moe Howard comes to mind when I think of this style. Similar to the mop top now that I compare the two.

7. Bald/Shaven

Some people have a choice, some don't; but if you're going bald then it may be better to embrace it and shave the rest rather than go for a comb-over style.

8. Caesar Cut

Named after Julius Caesar this is a style that is brushed forward with short bangs at the front.

9. Cornrows

There are a lot of different designs you can pick for this hairstyle.

10. Pompadour

I really don't like this one. It's been done - it shows up too often in Google Image searches and in real life as well. You don't want to look like every second or third guy do you?

I included this last style for completionist's sake - the same can be said for other styles in this Take. If you don't like them then at least you know what their names are, what they look like, what to avoid. I'm going to break this up into parts - in future takes I'll include more uncommon, unique, and stylish hairstyles as I search for one that I'll like and perhaps help others find what they like too.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 4

That's Travis Barker, if I'm not mistaken, in the first pic? I liked him with his mowhawk, but he also looks good with his current style of "shaved head and a baseball cap"

Caesar cut!! 😍😍💋💋💋💋😈😍💞

The pompadour is ok, and so is bald/shaven, depending on the guy. The rest are meh.

Except the mullet. Yucky! Just. No.

George Clooney could probably make any hairstyle work for him... maybe even a mullet?

Pompadours remind me of Beavis and Butt-head, haha.

I like the faux hawk a lot. Can be sexy

What Guys Said 7

Nice, thanks for doing the male side! I always like to see the other gender react to common Takes. :)

Really don't like any of those, though... we should've outlawed the mullet when we had the chance back in the '90s. :P

Second Faux Hawk FTW!

Obviously I am one of forced shave jobs but if I had a good head of hair, I think I would go for something like the second Faux Hawk or the Caesar cut like George

r u fking srs right now

This hairstyle used to be very popular ; p
    media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3gcdmrw9s1qkus3e.jpg

Opps, I have the same hair as every other guy

I wonder what it says about me that I'm glad I don't have any of these hairstyles.