12 Things Only People Who Wear Glasses Will Understand

Ah, glasses. Whether you are far-sighted, short-sighted, or something else, one thing unites all us blind-ass people: glasses (or contacts, but they're not as fun, as the following facts will show you.)

Here are 12 things we've all gone through because of our fabulous spectacles.

1. The fog nightmare

Ah, winter. Such a beautiful season. Snowflakes, hot cocoa in front of the fireplace, scarves and sledging. But winter also means cold...though it's not cold everywhere. Picture this: you're standing at the bus stop, patiently waiting for your bus in the cold. When it finally arrives, you step inside, happy to finally trade the biting cold for the comfy warmth of your ride. It is at this moment that the fog strikes. Suddenly your glasses cover up in fog, making you blind as a bat. You try wiping the fog off, but it comes back stronger. The only ally you have in this battle is time. There is only one thing to do: take off your glasses and hope it goes away as fast as possible.

2. His little sister: the hot beverage

Need I say more?

3. The makeup concealer

Okay, this one is for girls only.

If you're a girl that likes to wear makeup, you have surely noticed this. After carefully applying your daily makeup, you put on your glasses. You look back in the mirror. Where has the makeup gone? It was just there! Well, technically it's still here, but only now it's concealed by your glasses.

4. Lying down: Okay, but only on your back.

Because you simply can't lie down on your side or on your stomach. Don't even try, it's not worth it bro.

5. Where are my glasses?

You could have sworn you put them here. See, your glasses are your keys' best friend. They both get lost easily, and appear at the most random places. It's just like looking for your keys, only worse. At least when you look for your keys you can see properly.

And the worst part is, they often end up being.... On your nose, leaving you feeling incredibly stupid.

6. Rain: the no-win scenario

Well, I'm not going to lie, rain is always annoying when you have glasses. If you don't have an umbrella, prepare for some major annoyance, or use your hand as a mini-glasses-umbrella (which kind of makes you feel stupid.) One does not simply outsmart the rain. You have two options: either you leave them on and have little wet dots all over your glasses, or you can take them off an see the world rather...unclearly. Note to self: invent the glass wipers.

7. The blind moments

In some situations, glasses are just not an option. Whether it's swimming, skiing, or an activity that involves goggles, glasses are a no-no. Hence, you end up splashing around the pool like Ray Charles, and try not to go too far from your friends so you don't lose them. Great. Well, at least you're a pro at Marco Polo.

8. The 3D experience

3D is awesome.

Oh wait. No I take that back.

9. The not so cool tricks

Come on, don't lie to me. I know you've tried one of these before. Yes, you were probably either 7 or drunk. But you did.

10. Can I try your glasses?

There are two possibilities here.

Possibility 1 : no.

Possibility 2 : Okay. (Be prepared for one of the following comments : "Dude you're blind!" or "do you even see?" or worse "How many fingers am I holding up?")

11. Readjusting them

Every...

30...

seconds.

12. "You look better without glasses"

I get this sooooo often. And it pisses me off. It pisses me off because since I have my glasses on 24/7, the only person to have seen me without them is probably my mom. So how do you know whether I look better without them? Huh? And FYI, I chose my glasses. Therefore, I love them. Plus, I feel naked without them. So I feel much more attractive WITH them. Thank you.

But hey, deep down we all love our glasses. They help us a great deal in our day-to-day life and since we can choose them, it's a good way to show our personality!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 22

Yup, I understand just about all of 'em.

Of course, I wore contacts almost exclusively for over a decade but now that I'm back to wearing glasses all the time, I've been reintroduced to these issues. I've needed glasses since the age of 6, so I'm intimately acquainted with all. ;)

Number 11 comes across as just so Darn Sexy to me!

I like it better when I don't wear glasses. I prefer wearing my contacts instead.

I know the struggle all to well.#Glasses4life

"You look better without glasses" I may be an exception here, but I think most girls actually look better WITH glasses xD

• 6d

You're so right. Well done.

13. They slip off your fucking face >:(

You forgot they always somehow get dirty and somehow always manage to get something flown in your eye even though your wearing glasses. Loosing your glasses in your sleep and trying to find them blind, without my glasses I'm legally blind, sucks balls

I'm so glad I wear contacts now

I make all that look sexy and romantic. But i still hate NO: 2 that makes me almost break the mug every time...

I use glasses when driving. Im always adjusting them 😆

This is why I'm glad that I only need to wear (sun) glasses when my eyes are getting fussy indoors (read: crappy lighting). Oh, the goodness of perssimion lenses (Oakley)!

I kinda like when there are water spots on my glasses... I love how when you look at them you see like the moon surface or like looking through a microscope...
    And one thing that I learned to do neatly, when I just want to say fuck you or show my middle finger to someone, I just use my middle. finger to push my glasses up... The enemy gets the message and the people don't have to see it...

My eye''s itching. Lemme just carefully slip in a finger and scratch scratch. Now let's go on with my li-- *fingerprint on glasses* Noooooooooooo!

Well 5,6 was never a problem.. I guess the number is low so I can even drive without my glasses :-)

I hate my glasses. Mainly because all the problems you mentioned are even worse when im doing some type of training. I always break them or lose them in the mud and it just sucks :(

I guess I can be glad I don't need to wear glasses. The rest of my family is in the glasses-for-life boat though.

Awhile back, the eye doctor prescribed me reading glasses, although I couldn't see a difference with them on or off. I never wore them because of that. Oddly enough, a different eye doctor said to me that my vision was completely fine (which, when told, the previous doctor later attributed to me "faithfully" wearing my glasses 😂)

And the worse thing is that people don't understand you.
    cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/91220120259521.jpeg

8 is hilarious. The first time I went for a 3D movie with glasses, I was wondering what the fuck I'd do and put the 3D glasses on my regular ones... and it worked.

Great take - I must admit I never thought of half of them but you are right, the 3D is cool

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 19

I have just had to pay a stupid amount of money for my first pair of glasses.

Picking them up next week.

Yes, I am seriously pissed off that my eyes have gone the way of the rest of my family >.<

Omgggg I love you for this!!! So accurate!

I wear glasses.

I love this my take, its like my life with glasses. I get #12 all the time. When people say that, I just say they look more attractive when I'm NOT wearing them.

• 6d

Good post,,,,

It's worse if you have thick ones..
    Having them slide down and getting tired achy red eyes because of it.
    Your eyes appear too small
    You can't see without glasses to put make up on
    You can't play sports because they might break and get in your eyes.
    Sweating while running or at summer and have them slide down all the time
    Pain behind your ears
    And getting bullied because of it.

So I 'm wearing lenses constantly, except when I sleep

So true, besides 7, because I can somewhat see with my life-saviour left eye. XD

OMG NUMBER 4 AND 12 ARE ME!!! D: great article!!!<3

thanks ! :)

I know these feelings all too well.

Bad eyesight is a genetic weakness that should not br passed on. Only those with good eyesight should be allowed to pass on their DNA.

I got glasses in year 5, and there are always the ignorant people who think this:
    www.google.com.au/url

And you forgot to mention that if you wear makeup to conceal discoloration on your face or something, when you put on your glasses and take them off again, there is a spot where you put on the makeup. So much for concealer!

True

So true... Wear contacts not an option coz I have sensitive eyes... The most annoying things of all above is probably when the rain comes what should we do with the glasses?
    I mean c'mon we're not living in wizard world so we could put a spell to the glasses so it'll dry in the rain.

I wear sunglasses most of the time, have some of the "problems" mentioned

Ahhh yes the good old when I had prescription glasses... NOT! I don't miss those dad AT ALL!!

i've worn glasses since i was 10, and i'm definitely experienced more than one of these lol.

to add to #3, your makeup has to either be neutral or match your frames, otherwise it looks ridiculous.

The beach also clouds the lenses

When you're about to get jiggy with someone and you have to take them off and not see because otherwise guarantee somethings gonna poke you in the eye at some point... ... well to be fair something might poke you in the eye anyway but you get the point (gigity).

Haha this is so true and so funny. I wear contacts a majority of the time because my glasses make me crazy. But even if I get lasik eventually I'll still wear glasses from time to time because they are rather cute.