Wearing Thongs-Promiscuous or Practical?

Ok, so there's a lot of contraversy over women wearing thongs. 14-year-old boys who love seeing them on girls in Maxim turn into 44-year-old men with daughters that age & who cringe to find the bubblegum pink strip of cloth in the laundry, knowing it's definitely not his wife's. His head races with all the things she could be doing that those girls did with him back in his high school and college days. Or at least I'm guessing that's what goes through any dad's mind, or any young man who expects a daughter someday.

It's obvious there's sex appeal that comes with them. After all, thongs became mainstream when strippers were required by law to cover their coochie, but nothing said anything about covering the cheeks. Hence, "loin cloths" offered a loophole, & became a feminine thing to wear after strippers brought them into light.

So are thongs really that taboo for young girls to wear? Personally, I wouldn't let my daughter wear a thong until she's 15. But there is some practicality to thongs for any woman, even the purest, most innocent girl. Thongs serve for the avoidance of tacky panty lines, or where the seams bulge out at the butt of your pants. This especially happens with nice slacks or yoga pants, and personally, when I see it on a girl, I can't help but think, "Don't you own a thong?" It just doesn't look good.

If thongs are absolutely too much for someone, I can understand seamless, but let's admit, I & many girls feel cute in a thong. I mean, you get to show off what your mama gave ya, even if it's just within the confines of your pants! Like a little secret you've got; doesn't have to be Victoria's!

So thongs...practical or promiscuous? A bit of both. But it goes with the attitude regarding how & why you wear them. Whale tail? Trying too hard. A nice surprise for your boyfriend? No doubt he'll love it! And even just keeping it classy underneath yogas or snug-fitting slacks is a-ok too. Whatever you decide, play it up with different colors & designs, doesn't hurt to make it fun. :)

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 21

• my ex wore thongs, just was more of a turn on for me

• I can't imagine those pucker rubbing cords to be comfortable in any way.

• They don't necessarily go up your anus.

• OK. I never inspected it closely. I know what my wife says. LOL

• yes they do go up your ass crack and there are multible bad implications of this. it is bad for your hygiene and can cause fistulas (men seem to be especially prone to those cause their ass is more likely hairy). i wouldn´t recommend them to anybody really.

• The underwear your teenage daughter is wearing is an affect, not a cause, of her outlook/behavior.

• The less I know about my daughter's underwear - the happier I am. I don't even do my own laundry, much less theirs

• Its hard for me to say since I don't have any kids, but I don't see what the problem is, its only underwear. Shit, even me as a guy wears mens thongs from time to time, because my girlfriend like ass more than me apparently.

• I don't care for them. Thongs aren't hot to me. Panty lines are sexy as fuck. I mean what the point? Everyone will still know what kind of underwear you have on anyway

• I found that thongs are really comfortable. I work outside in the heat all day. Boxers bunch up and tighty whities are not much better. People say they are like having a wedgie all they time. NOT TRUE! Best of all, the make me feel sexy. What is wrong with men wanting to feel sexy. Americans are to hung up with what is suppose to be the norm.

• Um no, the whole point of thongs is to get rid of panty lines, and I don't have that issue cuz I'm a dude.

• depends on who u ask.. but i like the schoogirl look on a agirl and thongs just ruin it.

• One female friend of mine said that she always wears them because they don't show lines on her jeans.
    Another one said that she never could wear them coz they're uncomfortable.

Well, personally I don't think it's much of an up or down. If I love Her already, then it might be a turn-on :)

• Not before she's 15? Still too young, unless you want her to become a slut.

• When would you be ok with your daughter wearing them?

• I'm Australian. Came into this wondering how footwear can be seen as promiscuous. I see we are talking underwear, I'm happy.

• What do you call thong panties in Australia? And I believe you're referring to the footwear we call 'flip flops' in the US... No wonder no one takes us seriously.

• I like those hip brief things whatever they're called. Seem both sexy and practical.

• I believe it's situational. Clothing (or lack, thereof) doesn't make you promiscuous. Your actions do. Your actions define who you are as a person, whether you're good or bad; whether you are kind or not. How you present yourself is a mere matter of comfort.

• A lot of women I personally know who wear thong underwear, are fairly promiscuous - that's my experience. If she has a tramp stamp to match, then you can count on it. However, I don't personally know every single women who wears thong underwear, so it's a hard call. I'd say a little of both...

• Practical? Most girls I know say they're uncomfortable and "dry things out". The only reason they wear them is to not go commando in yoga pants or leggings.

• Practical. I have 2 daughters 16 and 21. They both are thong wearers and I support them in that.

They are practical and make them feel good.

I am fine with it and support it as a dad.

• When I see a thong, I think wedgie. No, Not attractive. Leave a little something for imagination.

• Thongs are sexy and a turn on

• I think that they are a way of saying that "I am not my mother" ... I think they are a way of expressing yourself that only you know about. I personally think they are great looking and are great under tight jeans...

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 30

• Stupid...
    And unpractical.

• I Just don't get it why you got those downs.. Perhaps they were expecting more explanation, but still...

• Maybe to some it's practical and to others it's unpractical...
      I'm the latter...
      Mostly I think it's because they're so desperate to look perfect (no visible panty line) that they'd rather have something between their butt cheeks while they walk then feel comfortable.
      Yep, I think that's it.

• Practical!!! Literally I just don't want panty-lines and sometimes they're super cute and comfy. Yeah, they may make my butt look extra good sometimes too but so what? That's just a confidence boost for me.

• Thongs are extremely uncomfortable. I wear boyshorts.
    If thongs are so practical and comfortable why do men not wear them? They also do not need those hideous panty lines and wedgies from bunched up underwear.

• Thongs where invented to prevent panty lines.

• Thongs are uncomfortable to wear to school or work during the day, but they are quite sexy to wear around my husband at night because it shows my plump ass.

• I wear them because my bum doesn't fit in normal underwear, I have to pull them up all day because my bum/jeans pulls them down. I feel unhygienic and uncomfortable in normal underwear.

• Practical! I bought my first one when I was 13, when leggings first came out again. I used to throw it in the washer after my Mom already started it, and volunteered to run down and get the laundry out of the dryer. I'm sure she suspected something haha.
    I still only use them with tighter clothes though, never jeans. I have sensitive skin and jeans give my butt cheeks a rash haha.

• Gentlemen: would you wear thongs... I mean, they do make them for men, so, if they're practical for women, they're practical for men, too, right? No panty lines like those unsightly men's briefs. No bunching up like boxers. Now, are they slutty, sure, I wouldn't let my son wear them before he turns 15, that's for sure.

• testicles are lowered and raised depending on the temperature to keep them cool or warm. if you wear a thong you tuck them to your body, which might influence spermatocoa production. so i´d not wear them!

• @genericname85 , they make them for men. A friend of mine want me to wear one - I actually posted a how do you look,...
      Www:. girlsaskguys. com/qt/how-do-i-look/q1938948-thongs-on-guys

• @Eastsider yeah they make all kind of stupid stuff that is bad for you. cigarrettes for example. i don´t really want to start a list, cause there´s no end to examples for it.

• How about neither?
    Wearing a thong doesn't make a slut but come on, they're not practical either. They provide no barrier between your pants and your butt, you know what underwear is supposed to do and they're terribly uncomfortable, it's like having a wedgie all day, I don't know how they ever became popular

• cuz their skimpy and "sexy"

• I find thongs uncomfortable, the fabric is too thick between my cheeks haha. But g-strings are pretty comfy. You can't even tell they are there. I actually like them more than the cheeky underwear.
      And I know what you mean about no barrier. I only use them with yoga pants, dress pants, tight dresses, etc. Not with jeans. And I never wear them when I'm on my period.

• im commenting on the slut part

• I'm 20, I hate panty lines and I like fashion, thongs are an easy way to get me what I want. But it's just as easy to find a pair of sexy panties that don't live in my literally butt crack all day while still showing NO sign of panty line through my clothes. So, I do think they are a little promiscuous. Not wrong, just promiscuous.

• I actually prefer thongs over any other type of underwear-- To tell the truth, I *only* own thongs. Underwear that "covers everything" just feels absolutely smothering, and honestly, I think they're uncomfortable because they bunch up. Not to mention they leave panty lines through clothing most of the time, which is an absolute no-no in my book.
    With thongs, I disagree that they're uncomfortable. If you get light lacy thongs without elastic (I hate underwear with elastic in general, it's unflattering *and* uncomfrtable), it feels practically like you're not wearing a thing! Plus, you avoid the 'bunching up' problem, and they leave no 'bumps' or marks through clothing like regular underwear does.

In the end, my opinion is: The right kind of thongs are *very* practical for both comfort and aesthetic purposes, and I swear by them! I legitimately haven't worn "regular" underwer in years, I love them so much!

• well there not practical lmao

• Thongs are so fucking uncomfortable, feels like you have a horrible wedgie. Tried one on once and I'm never going to wear one again, I honestly don't care if people see my underwear at least I'm wearing some.

• Never given it much thought. Underwear is underwear. I wear what I like and what feels comfortable, not what I think guys would like. As for my daughters, I'll deal that can of worms when they become teenagers.

• Your underwear choice says very little about your sex life. Hell a nun could wear a thong under her nun clothes, it wouldn't make her promiscuous.

I remember when my mom first found a thong in my laundry and her face pretty much said "well fuck, I guess my daughter's having sEX" and a bit later she asked me if I was. I wasn't. I'm not. But, I like thongs and cheeky underwear. I just like the look and feel especially in pants that show lines. I am a very clean person, I'm almost always shaved (even down there and I'm not sexually active.) Its just one of those things where you do something for you only. Like how some girls sleep in lingerie even tho they're single. I just like looking nice. It doesn't mean someone else is looking 😊

• My mom bought me some thongs to wear when I was 17 and I have only worn them once. I'm not a thong person.

• G-strings actually.

• Thongs are just underwear, except more revealing. Nobody that I know young or old wears their underwear past their belly button. So I don't see the hype about it.

• Thongs are ridiculously comfortable (to me). I also wear leggings a lot and dance apparel, along with work out clothing, so I wouldn't want scrunched up wedgies up my butt crack and constantly have to unattractively pick at it.

A lot of girls say that thongs aren't comfortable because it feels like a permanent wedgie. Not true for all thongs. Yeah, sure, maybe those itchy frilly lace ones might be uncomfortable to wear for most people, but ones like the yoga thong from Victoria's Secret are heavenly.

• I find them neither promiscuous not practical, just really uncomfortable.

• this was well thought out, and well written, i agree with most of your points, and would like to add, many dresses that i own are made of materiel that clings just enough to show off panty lines, and thongs are nice for that too

• More from Girls
    10