Girls, thoughts on guys with beards?

I'm 17 and still in high school. Anyway I've always been scruffy looking, although many people have told me I'm good looking and I am a swimmer so I'm athletic. I used to have long hair, but now i keep it at a buzz cut/ fairly short hair, but I have a fairly long scruffy goatee. I'm pretty fond of it and I really like my look, plus I play in a metal band so it goes with that. However, my question is, do you girls find it a turnoff and what do you think of guys with facial hair? Thanks :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Some guys suit it while others don't. So it really depends on the guy's facial structure. But most I do think it's a turn on if the guy has a nice well groomed beard! :)

What Girls Said 11

• As a girl dating a man with a permanent beard, I clearly approve lol. I like my men like men…hairy and bearded.

The only thing that may be different for you, though, is your age. I'm not sure what girls your age are into now (god that makes me sound old lol), but they might not be old enough to appreciate the glory that is the beard lol.

• yeah i've always wondered about that. Most people who dont know me think I'm 20 something

• I love beards!

• Beards are sooo awesome, they can get a little gross if they're too long or if his hair is too long or if he looks super rough though

• its kind of long, like an inch from the end of the hair to my chin - is that too long or rough in your opinion?

• It's a little long would probably be better shorter, i know a guy with that length hair and he has blonde wavy hair and is known for great hair, but it looks better when it's a little shorter but still a little long if you get what I'm saying

• they don't look as good as girls with bears

• :P http://digital-art-gallery.com/oid/74/640x1029_13191_Bear_and_woman_2d_fantasy_illustration_bear_woman_girl_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

• I don't like moustaches but I Love beards. They are a turn on and it helps make a guy look appealing in my opinion. Beards are also fun to play with ^_^

• Love a good beard.

Seriously. Love.

• beards are... the best. the guy im currently talking to has a big bushy beard and i just want it all over me.

• Major turn on. I love facial hair and especially beards.

• I love facial hair. I love beards!

• i prefer clean look but there are those who can pull off stubble facial hair. :)

• Face rash. Or sand paper grating my skin when it comes to a kiss.

What Guys Said 4

• You can't have facial hair and be a swimmer!

• I think it's personal preference, I have a fairly prominent wide goatee, and some girls dig it and others like clean shaven

• I feel like the beard thing is a trend lol. My facial hair grows real fast and I don't like to shave like every other day so I just let it grow out and when it gets too scratchy I just trim.

• I thought most girls hated beards.