Would you go swimming in your underwear if you forgot to bring your swimwear?

So if you were going to the pool, the beach, or something and by the time you got there to change (If you hadn't changed already that is.) and than you realized that you hadn't brought your swimwear, would you just change to your underwear and go swimming in your underwear? I would because swimwear and underwear are the same thing, literally the ONLY difference is that swimwear is aquatic and underwear isn't, but you can still go swimming in underwear even though it's not made for swimming. I don't want answers from you if you're a prude that's immaturely freaking out and like "Hell no! Why would anyone do that? Who does that? That's disgusting!".

• Yes.
  • No.
Select a gender to cast your vote:

96

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on which boxers I'm wearing. Some are tighter than others. The untight ones might slide off. So, I'm gonna swim in the tight ones.

What Girls Said 9

• It would depend on a combination of where I was and what underwear I was wearing. If I was at a family pool and was wearing a lace/see-through thong and bra set, maybe not (because obviously, this would be different than a bathing suit because it's see-through/shows a bit more skin. However if I was just at a friends place, than yes!
    However, when I swim at most of my friends houses we just skinny dip anyways as it's usually night time and no ones around!

• My underwear is a lot more expensive than my swimsuit. I don't want to ruin them.

• Ok, your choice and everything. But swimming in your underwear wouldn't ruin them, they would just get them wet and than you'd have to dry them in the sun or whatever dries them.

• No, chlorine does the same :/ I'm more open to going in nude... I can submerge myself so that people on shore won't notice. I've done it before, just in a river. If I needed a life guard I'd be screwed lol

• Wait, I can just swim in fresh water lol rivers and lakes, yeah I wouldn't mind swimming in under wear if it is fresh water.

• Yes. Why not? I don't get he whole "Swimwear is acceptable but underwear not" thing.
    It covers exactly the same areas.

• very simple answer, yes

• I'd swim naked before I'd swim in underwear, if I was wearing any, lol.

• Yes i do it every time. I have to wear suimsuit 5 years

• Nope

• I wouldn't, because my bathers are not the same as my underwear. I don't wear bikinis, I wear a modest 2-piece bathers set with board shorts and a full top.

• Maybe?
    Is it nice underwear (expensive), ok underwear (not that expensive or old but ok looking), or bad underwear (stained etc). I'd be fine jumping in in the ok underwear.

How private is the area we're swimming in? A pool at a friends house would be ok. A beach would not be ok.

Also, what are we doing afterwards? Am I going home? Then sure. But if no, I'm stuck with wet underwear and dry clothing. Not doing that.

• Lol, you're thinking A LOT into this and being really scientific. By the type of underwear, I dunno, your optional choice. By the place, again it's your own optional choice again. And afterwards you're most likely going home because most people do that afterwards.

What Guys Said 5

• no i would just walk back and get my swim shorts, my house is right next to the pool. but if its the beach ill go in anything:D

• Oh wow, lol, your true real life pool joke was really funny and silly XD. I'd do the same thing if I had a pool at my house. And btw, me too.

• This is something I do all the time. I don't do it at public pools but at state parks with wide open beaches along the lake, what's the harm? I wear boxers or boxer briefs and sometimes an undershirt if I am worried about burning. I have never had a problem with anything "sliding off" of getting comments from people.

I did do it a couple of times at motel pools. One time I was in the pool by myself and the other it was only me and my ex-wife.

• Underwear becomes see through when wet, so no. And I wear he kind with the writing on the waistband

• The hell with the underwear I'd swim naked

• No as I only ever swim naked. in public and private