Cargo pants? Yes or No?

Just out of curiousity.. cargo pants? Both genders? Do you like them? You don't like them? Why? Why not?

ginamlbr.files.wordpress.com/.../...rgo-pants1.jpg

ecx.images-amazon.com/.../61tqwGPhjyL._UL1300_.jpg

• Hell yeah! Pretty snazzy! I like it, I LIKE IT A LOT!
    49% (19)62% (33)57% (52)Vote
  • No. No just no just OMG NO! *call the fashion police*
    38% (15)19% (10)27% (25)Vote
  • I just want to see the results because I'm awesome
    13% (5)19% (10)16% (15)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1
25|32

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure, I think they look fine. Whether they're pants or shorts, I don't really think people look weird in them. I never understood the recent craze about taking the piss out of them (like my Aussie slang? :D), and I think it's just largely a bandwagon kind of thing.

"Oh, I heard a few jokes about people who wear cargo pants, so I'm going to avoid them and joke on them too so I don't stand out"... it just don't make no sense!

1|0
    0|0
    • I'll +1 because of your attempt on an Aussie slang lol
      Haha best not say it! People will be all over you! And not in a good way 🙈

• Don't say "take the piss out"?

• Sounds like I'm transporting piss in my cargo pants lol

What Guys Said 31

• Cargo pants have been fashion suicide in the US since the early 2000s. I used to wear them TOUGH back in like '99 though, haha. But this year I'm seeing them on the racks again, so maybe they're making a comeback. And now it seems like cargo SHORTS, which were the only type of shorts I would have been caught dead in up until a year or two ago, are on the way out. I guess all the cool guys that wore them in '05 are lame suburban dads now, so the younger crowd doesn't think much of them, I guess. Meanwhile, I'm pretty conditioned to think that only neckbeards wear cargo PANTS, but maybe they're a go again. As long as I can break out the bucket hats and Hawaiian shirts I used to wear with them again, I'm all in, haha😆

0|0
    0|0
    • LOL! White Steve! Fashion goes around in loops. As you can probably tell already everything that was seen "old" back in the days are now "in fashion/in trend" it's just going to be an on going cycle.. I for one want to see the phase where people will bust out there pastel coloured gym outfits/clothes and headbands/sweatbands.. Even though the pastel colours are already in fashion

• Tell me about it. Everything that's cool now was cool when I was like 12, 13 years old. I was really excited for this one look from my junior high years to come back, but guess who ruined it...
      i.kinja-img.com/.../186aqdjei1xmvjpg.jpg
      Guess we can bury that for another 20 years...

• i think it´s absolutely fine for guys but kind of "special" for girls... rather tomboyish. you would have to have really feminine curves to make it look good.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cargo pants are like hatchbacks. The only people that appreciate their beauty are the ones who have experienced how useful they are.

2|2
    0|0
    • And useful they are indeed! It's better then carrying a freaking massive handbag. Easier on the motorbike I guess to..

• These are working people's attire. these pants were never intended for a runway.

If you don't NEED to carry a lot of gear with you, you just look silly in these outfits.

0|0
    2|0
  • I was about to tell you that "no, they are just good on men only" but when I saw the pic you posted I'm going to say - Just wear them girl, they're nifty-natty, groovy & debonair ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • I like cargo pants as long as there're not the kind that gets skinny around your ankles or shins. I don't like anything that gets skinny as it goes down my leg. I take advantage of the pockets cargos come with though, usually, I'll have like my keys, phone, and cards in one pocket and it the other I'll have my cash, a handheld console, and carmex. With cargos, each item I have gets it's own pocket.

0|0
    0|0
  • in my opinion they look better on girls than they do on guys.

1|1
    0|0
    • Um I haven't seen a guy wear them, but it would be good to see what they look like on a guy

• Yes! and a big yes!

Its stylish, its hot, and its nicer on women then men... Men make it look more 'functional' as @martyfellow explained BUT women make it look 'fierce' Throw on some high heels ouch!

Lately I'v been loving army style pants on women too

0|0
    0|0
  • i've got some of them

0|0
    0|0
  • I would rather just carry around a man bag than have stuff in all those pockets. LOL

1|0
    0|0
  • i like em because i can carry a lot of shit in them ^^

0|0
    0|0
    • In the pockets? Hahaah 🙈 lol what do you carry? A convienent store?

• Show All
    • Haha Omgee yeah that link! I bloody remember that link!

• LMAO i bet ya do now slap me like that with your little soft hands LOL (#^ ^#)

• I only wear cargo pants in black color but I have one in olive drab also. Cargo pants are comfortable and useful. Thats why I love them. I have one jeans pants for special occasions.

0|0
    0|0
  • @misscoffeehead I'm not sure if they are considered stylish or not, but they are very practical with the extra pockets.

0|0
    0|0
    • I would consider them stylish if they aren't used for there practical uses fiego. They are certainly a versatile piece of clothing

• Like them! Looks nice and casual and would look good on guys & girls :-)

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you Hans! I do quite like them a lot!

• Show All
    • Haha you know which item I forgot that some ladies put in there? Their little dog... look!
      static.guim.co.uk/.../...ahua-in-a-handbag-007.jpg

• Oh yeah that! Haha that is definitely not what I do

• Yes, i like cargo pants i had cargo shorts while back

0|0
    0|0
  • They could look pretty hot on a girl but she has to have a certain look.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck yes they hold all my stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks great on girls, terrible on guys. The girl on the picture pulls it off really well, she looks sexy as hell.

0|0
    0|0
    • Hehehe I find a lot of girls saying it, the other way around 🙈 guys look good in them.. LOL! I don't know who she is but you can hit her up in Google 😂

• Yeah they're alright

0|0
    0|0
  • I wear them for my "other job" they are ok to hold things, but for regular use, not really.

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol other job AHAHA 🙈 no, I don't wear these on a regular bases, it's just something different you know to chuck on

• The ones she's wearing look good, a nice fit for her.

0|0
    0|0
    • They do look good. Are you saying that some people can only pull off that look?

• if its too baggy than it looks awful, but if you wear it the she's wearing it than its all good. Looking at your frame you can definitely pull it off.

• No, I do not like them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't find them sexy, but it's my opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • I have like 5 of those and i love em. so so comfy no need to carry a bag or something and personally i think it looks pretty badass on guys

0|0
    0|0
  • I love wearing em

0|0
    0|0
  • the amount of pockets confuses and frightens me. i will have nothing to do with these bag pants.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its comfy as fuck

0|0
    0|0
  • I find them comfortable. but i don't have a pair of those anymore. i used to

0|0
    0|0
  • They look great!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but are you trying to look like Debra Morgan from Dexter?

Where's your bottle of booze?

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 25