Do guys really care so much about looks?

I've noticed recently that guys tend to look at my older sister more then me. The only reason I can think of is that she's prettier then me (which is true). But she also has bigger boobs. Do you guys really pay so much attention to what girls look like? Or do they pay attention to personality too?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Looks are the first thing we notice. Then we judge based of that, the way she talks, moves, behaves... then if we actually start a convo with her, we notice her personality, quirks, the more important thing about her... I could find Girl A REALLY hot and attractive... but if she opens her mouth and says something stupid(so stupid it blows my mind) than I couldn't give a sh*t about her looks lol. id still bang her, but with a gag. otherwise, relationship wise, id GLADLY pass her to the next guy.personality counts WAY more than anything else tbh. But you can't be attracted to a man/woman if you aren't as attracted to their looks as well as their personality. it comes hand in hand.

• HELL YEAH AND AMEN TO THAT BROTHA!

• A girl's looks also tell us a lot about how she takes care of herself.. girls do that too with guys.. like if I was fat and unattractive, then you can tell I don't take care of my body.. same thing goes to girls.. if they don't put effort into their looks, then they don't deserve a guy who puts effort into his.

• Agreed. We very well can't know that you are intelligent and have a good personality just by looking at you. We generally come for the physical attraction and stay for the personality.

What Guys Said 12

• The first thing a guy will notice is your looks. That's what will get us to start a conversation with you. But if you turn out to have a horrible personality, then it's game over. Unless he's just looking for something to hit.. if you know what I mean..

• This really depends on the guy. Personally I try and find a woman's strengths, and even if I may not be super attracted to her I find myself seeking out good qualities and in this sense I'm attracted to her in some sense. I have seen only a very few women I wasn't attracted to in some way. So for me while I definitely have an opinon on what is attractive I have a very broad spectrum of what I find attractive. I hope that doesn't seem to convoluted as an asnwer. I guess to answer your question above, I'm not all that hung up about looks.

• Looks come first, then personality.For short term encounters, looks all the way. As long as she isn't pig-sh*t thick or acts like a guy, then it doesn't matter. (a bitchy personality will be subdued if she actually fancies the guy hitting on her)For long term, personality is more important. I'd rather go out with a girl that isn't so pretty as say her friend, but has a superior personality (feminine, kind, intelligent, good humoured) - plus, you learn to like the little things about her and they then out weigh any negatives. Still, some look are required for LTR. 7+ as a minimum. (a 6 rating is requires a bit of alcohol or a long dry spell to get horny for her on my scale)

• Instinctively, we will notice any pretty girl before we notice a more plain girl, it's just how we are wired. You can't really look at personality.

• initially we think about the looks. to some extent it's true for girls as well. however, after a given time, we see through the looks and then make a judgement about them. for example, a real example, this new girl joined our class in school. at first I thought she was really hot and all that but after a while, just the way she was totally killed it. it seriously got to the point where right now, she's hot only when she's sick, becuase then she doesn't talk xD

• Its suck to say but ya. looks play a huge role for guys, but guys would date a "socially unattractive" girl if she has a good personality and makes us laugh, laid back, and basically a girl with what a guys looking for. but after awhile that unattractive girl can be the most beautiful girl.

• I notice hot girls with big boobs. :)

• ( . Y . ) ftw

• I suppose your sister is over 18 (or looks like she is)They might look at your sister because they feel you're too young.

• Here is the cold hard truth, you can't see personality from across the room. You can see a hourglass figure with curves and long hair from across the room.Guys notice the looks and stay for the personality. When they get older (above 24-25ish) then they know what non stereotypical looks do it for them (looks that are more character driven then just large breasts and firm butts) looks that show character that are hard to define.It is impossible to know someones personality until you talk with them. I know your under 18 but do yourself a favor for the rest of your life and smile. A smile can trump T&A most of the time. Be calm, freindly, outgoing and talk. Share that great personality and put it on display just like the girls with the figures do.Toooooo many girls get overly nervous, depressed or introverted and that lack of confidence, joy & openness translates to guys as a cold, borring girl with an inferiority complex. Guys will avoid that like the plague unless it's just a conquest and honestly you don't want those guys.

• Don't feel obsolete to your older sister! I mean sure, looks are somewhat important. there has to be some form of attraction in any relationship. but, id rather date a girl whos the girl next door and has a killer personality, than date the bottle blonde bimbo bombshell. people are really shallow these days and feel the need to look for the next abercrombie model. not happening. there are good people out there who are attractive on the inside, and outside as well. also don't forget, people age. men happen to do so better than women usually. so all these "hot" girls now, may not be that hot when they're older.

• Depends on the guys depth."We attract hearts by the qualities we display; we retain them by the qualities we possess." -- Jean Baptiste Antoine Suard, French journalist (1734-1817) ...Ted

• Yes to both questions. Guys are easy because you don't have to be successful, you don't need a car, don't need a good family, don't need to be Mr Cool with connections. Guys will basically settle for something that looks and acts like a woman, no perks required. Of course when you're with your sister guys look more at her because frankly she's got a feminine advantage over you, like you described.

What Girls Said 3

• guys don't always pay attention to looks, I mean they have to be attracted to you of course but guys do have hearts just like gals but if you ask me guys are a lot nicer than you think they are. xx

• I don't know what the legal age is over there, but maybe guys know they can legally have sex with your older sister and not with you. It's what guys that age all think about.And bigger boobs as well.

• U sound like my sister! She always says that I have bigger boobs we looke similar kind of. But trust me looks are good but personality is what counts! I might be "better lookin" boobs etc. Butttt whenever guys talk to us they gravitate towards her! Why because my sister has a greatt personality, outgoin, open, nice and fun. I wish I was more like her. She is younger than me, I am more serious, I don't come off as nice or bubbly and super friendly, just because I am more reserved and just not as open to people like her. But anways just be yourself! Looks are important ofcourse just take care of yourself if you feel good about you so will others. Don't compare yourself to anyone