Girls, Why do you use Toms or flats, when you can use sandals or flip flops?

Im dont think theyre bad, I just think that flats and flip flops are the same thing, but flip flops/sandals are better cause for feet are more free and you can show them off.

7

Most Helpful Girl

• Flipflops are actually horrible for your feet. Next to no support offered to your arches, the way many people walk in them completely alters your gate and can make you pigeon-toed or the opposite (walking with your feet pointed outwards, for which I have yet to find a name. :P ). Flipflops and most sandals, unless you shell out 100+ for orthopedic approved ones, are terrible for your joints too. Kiss having healthy knees and hips goodbye.
    farm5.static.flickr.com/.../...22_163b767da0_o.jpg

For girls, flipflops also make it almost a necessity to have your toe-nails painted perfectly. Which is kind of annoying and a bit time-consuming. I don't care for 'showing off' my feet, to be perfectly honest. I'd rather keep my feet warm and not be in pain from my hip/knees the next day. (Yes, in the summer when I wear flipflops, I kid you not but both of those areas are in a bit of discomfort the next day if I do a lot of walking while wearing them.)

What Girls Said 6

• Because flats actually cover your toes and in most places driving with flip flops is illegal. For me, I don't like sandals, they aren't comfortable, I prefer flats or slip on sneakers.

• Well with all the dirt and pollution, even if I love to show off my feet but I also want to protect them.
    And toms or flats add a little character. That's how I feel.

• i like flip flops and flat sandals and pumps because they're comfy

• I think sandals look good seasonally and vans and keds look good year round.

• Yep, I totally agree:)

• I only wear flip flops and boat shoes...