How Do I Ask My Dad To Wear A Bikini?

My parents are recently divorced and I just started the summer holidays. Yesterday, my mum bought me a really pretty bikini, I have been wanting a bikini for a long time, and I wore it to the pool today. I love the bikini so much although I know that my dad won't be happy about it, how do I tell him that I think I'm old enough, and that I love my bikini so much. How do I ask him so that he'll say yes? Both my parents are taking me and my younger siblings to a holiday Christmas party, (I live in Austalia so our Christmas is in summer) there is going to be a water fight so I wanna bring my bikini, should I ask him beforehand or should I just wear it and let him find out for himself?

• Tell my dad before the Christmas party
  • Let my dad find out at the Christmas party
P. S guys I'm not actually 25 I'm an early teen by the way
OMG I can't believe you guys actually thought I was 25

Most Helpful Guy

• I would clear it with your dad before party, last thing you want is an argument at Christmas. Your mum bought you the bikini so she is happy with it, let her tell your dad she bought you a bikini so at least she will be on your side in the discussion.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your Dad wants to protect his little girl... from the googly eyes of boys.
    So, it's common that Dad's are usually protective in what their daughters have to wear.
    I think you should ask him nicely.
    Also, if you can... ask your Mom to buy you a waist cover up... so when you get out of the pool you look appropriate in the eyes of your Dad.
    I think that might make him feel a little better.
    galleryplus.ebayimg.com/.../1000x1000.jpg

What Guys Said 10

• The way this is worded... it sounds like you're asking for advice on how to get your father to wear a bikini on his body... I just... I just can't get over that.

"How do I ask my dad permission to wear a bikini?" would have been better wording...

• "OMG I can't believe you guys actually thought I was 25 " Why? do you think that picture looks like you are older?

• 😂 I thought you wanted your dad to wear a bikini

• Lol I thought u said u needed your dad to wear the bikini himself xD

• You're 25. Your dad needs to get over whatever issues he has with whatever swimsuit you want to wear. You don't need his permission or approval to wear whatever swimsuit you want to wear.

• Does he have the body for it?

• With how hot it has been here of late where as little as you can

• It could be a challenge getting your dad to wear it lol. But seriously I would just wear it. I think 14 is old enough to make that decision and it's pretty common anyway. And with the heat wave we're having we all want to do anything to keep cool.

• Your 25 you can make your own decisions unless your age isn't right

• r u really 25 bc ur old enough to make your own choices. otherwise i hope your dad is ok bc my sis got her new bikini at 13

What Girls Said 11

• Are you really 25? If so, you certainly don't need your dad's (or anyone's) permission to wear a bikini.

But from the way you write, it sounds like you are under 18, so I will answer accordingly. If I know there are other girls at the party who would be in a bikini, I think I wouldn't tell him. I would let him find out at the party. With so many other girls in bikinis there, it won't strike him as being too revealing in comparison. If there are no other girls wearing a bikini at the party, I would ask him before hand...

Other things to note: try to wear a sarong or a wrap around or something while not in the pool. Also make sure it's not an overly revealing string bikini.

PS- when I first read the question, I was like, "why does this girl want her dad to wear a bikini 😉" lol

• I thought you wanted your dad to wear a bikini lol I would have approved.

Don't.
    Why are little girls so quick to grow up?
    This is why I don't want kids, and I definitely don't want daughters.
    I don't think anyone should wear bikinis, much less teen girls.

• You're 13/14?

Why, then, are you 25 on here?

... I don't think your dad would like to wear a bikini... ad least I don't think he would... o. O

• You're 25. You don't need to ask at all.

• HAHAHAHAHAJAH oh man I thought you wanted HIM to wear it oh man oh man

I voted B.

• Well, where is the party for one?

• I wouldn't ask for permission lol

• Better to ask for forgiveness than permission, no?

• I read this as "how do I get my dad to wear a bikini" Lol! xD

• It's weird my father always let me wear bikini since I'm 7 years old. Your dad is old school.

• You are a grown woman do you really need your dads permission hmmm.