Uggs boots: ugly or cute?

Uggs boots: ugly or cute?
I was thinking about getting a pair of uggs due to girls at school commenting on how comfy they are. I think they're kind of ugly though, but I found the Bailey button ones to be kind of cute. I was also off put by the fact that they are made from sheepskin. :/

Guys, what do you think of girls who wear them? Girks, do you think they're cute or ugly (despite the fact that they are supposed to be ugly)?

• Cute. 😍
  • Ugly. 😷

Most Helpful Guy

• I swear things stick with me longer than everyone else ahhahaha. I still think uggs and duckfaces are attractive.

Most Helpful Girl

• Cute. I have 4 pairs of them.

• What ones do you have I have 3 pairs and love them!!!

• @Pinksissy Black Uggs Fairmont (Just got), White Ugg Classic Mini, Ugg Bailey Bow, and Ugg Mini Bailey Button.

• I have the Classic the Bailey now and classic mini

What Guys Said 20

• Ugg boots are supposed to be warm. Full stop.

That means this is the look of a moron (with stinky feet):
    cdn4.gurl.com/.../ugg-boots-nadine-cole.jpg

This is their intended use:
    www.torontoshopoholicblog.com/.../...r-outfits.jpg

When people say they are tired of seeing Uggs, they are refering to situations like the first picture not the second.

• i like it when they make it easy for us to tell which ones of them are stupid and gullible though

• May be, but like I said, uggs can't stand snow/water for shit. They become stained and their structure deformed due to the moisture (the stains usually become permanent, too). They also make your feet wet more or less immediately, which totally defeats the purpose of winter shoes entirely + it makes them even uglier than before. Therefore I do believe they're not winter shoes. At all. They might provide you with some warmth but due to the fact that they're not water resistant, your feet will pretty much become cold sooner or later anyway. And considering how expensive they are, it's not worth it.

• @lumos

A few points:

- Where I'm at, Uggs are the most popular with people who would just as likely wearing casual or athletic shoes or even dress shoes for that matter. Uggs are a step in the more appropriate direction for winter time.

- Uggs make fine indoor winter wear. When keeping the thermostat set at 67°F, we are a good 15 - 20 F° cooler inside than the outdoor air temp in southern California in summer. As it happens, Uggs manufacturers a line of slippers that are just right here.

- Furthermore, the designers at Uggs, recognising the shortcomings of their flagship design vis a vis their practicality as winter outdoor wear, have developed and marketed a line of proper winter boots. The people at Uggs have a sell the customer what they want approach.

- I have two daughters about your age. Both have had multiple pair of Uggs. I have yet to see either of them wearing their Uggs from May through September, the months most similiar to normal weather in southern California.

• if you're put off by the fact they're sheepskin, then keep in mind authentic leather in any form is made from animal hides.

Anyway, do i like it? Generally it's a big no. Mostly because girls seem to use it as some absurd fashion statement or something, rather than its intended usage. I mean, it looks frign stupid when they use uggs with anything thinner than winter clothes (meaning some kind of coat or winter jacket, and some full length pants. I can't believe i had to say "full length pants").

Also as someone living on the countryside, 99% of all the fashionable winter footwear makes me either laugh, facepalm, or both.

For example the uggs seem to lack
    -a proper sole
    -proper support around the ankle
    -a way to tighten the top of the shoes to keep snow out
    -a way to adjust how it fits (like laces)

All of which makes a shoe actually usefull in the winter. Then again, guess you urban rats never see much snow, so can't really blame you XD

Seriously though, they seem impractical to me.

• ugly but comfy. And not that ugly to not wear. It depends the outfit. But overall a little ugly but the warmth and comfort outweights the ugly here

• I think they're cute, when temperatures require it :D

• I like the way they look on a girl. Plus, they're incredibly high quality. I was just given a pair of men's UGGs slippers and they are the most awesome things I've ever put on my feet.

• It's not the shoes that men will notice, but the spandex that is normally worn with the Uggs.

• I really don't care what shoes u wear. I'll be honest ladies.

• I am always in the comfy camp and wear clothes that I feel comfortable in

• Ugly as fuck. Never liked them, never will like them.

• Me neither and holy batman you aren't a beaver?

• You don't like when girls wear them? :/

• Nope. I thought they were ugly when I first saw them 9 years ago, and I think they're just as ugly now.

• i find them ugly and on top of that it´s rubbed into peoples faces, because every female between 15 and 25 wears them...

• Ugg is short for "uglier than a wombat's asshole after I've hit it with my ute".

Even bogans know not to wear these outside the house.

• clue is in the name and are they now so far out of fashion they are coming back round again already? personally i never liked them them.

• I'm not a big fan of seeing Uggs the Ugly bedroom slipper.

• lol- to use Aussie slang:

BOGAN!

• I once saw a guy wearing Ugg boots a scarf with a t-shirt while walking a car on a leash

• Ugly 😒😂😂😂

• they are cute ( but in germany almost every seconde girl wears them so it gets kind bothering )

• Obsolete above all

• They're calle Ugg for a reason, ugly!

• A woman who wears these boots and yoga pants sends the image that she is a lazy slob that doesn't respect herself, so if she doesn't respect herself, then she'll get none of that from me.

What Girls Said 32

• A lot more guys like them than I thought. I think they're super ugly. And I too wouldn't want to walk around on sheep skin because I try not to wear clothes that animals are killed for.

• I dont get peoples problem with em lol. I think theyre cute, but im not getting genuine uggs. Expensive af, and make from sheepskin like u said.

• I personally think they are very cute. I don't have any UGGs but I have always boughten EMU's which are the same idea, but I think they are better quality. They are very comfy, and the only thing that keep my feet warm in the winter. Especially if you pair them with wool socks once the fluff flattens down inside.

If you don't find them cute then don't buy them because you'll probably never wear them. There are other brands that make "vegan" versions but they won't be as good of quality since animal skins are usually the most durable. And if you think about it, the whole reason farmers keep sheep is for their wool and sheep skin. If they didn't have those purposes they wouldn't keep the sheep around. I hate the idea of an animal being hurt frivolously but considering how much I use my boots I don't feel like it was a waste since I'm actually putting them to good use.

• I have heard they are very comfortable and warm, but I do not like the way they look.

• Ugg boots aren't ugly but they aren't trendy looking. I think they're very warm and comfortable though, so I think that's a great reason to get them. The second photo you posted with the button actually looks kinda cute! .

I sometimes think people just got used to jumping on the "ugg boots are ugly" bandwagon but aren't really thinking about it lol.

• Do you know how they earned their name? It's because they're ugly. It took the person that made these forever for the trend to catch on and for him to sell it and they cut Ugly short to Uggs.

But they really are comfy and I personally think they're kinda cute... The long ones are the ugly ones and so are the cream one.

But the more decorative they are the cuter they tend to be. I have a pair in cheetah print that's silver.

• Uggs... ugh... they are UGLY, that's no secret. But yeah, they're super comfy. I wouldn't wear them in public though.

• I WANT ONE!

• I'm on my third pair of 3-button baileys lol.. They're really comfy and warm, esp with the cold here (just not this year)
    And you can technically roll them down to be more ankle length..
    I don't know they look meh but I still think it's worth :) I heard some of the cheaper but still sheepskin ones are just as nice

• I like uggs. I got a pair for the holidays. They're very comfortable!

• I've never liked UGGs. And I hate it when people wear them as winter shoes. They're not winter shoes and they look like shit when they get wet (which they will because they can't handle snow/rain).

• I love uggs. But they are not for you if you're an animal activist.

• Some are ugly, some are cute.

• I imagine they're warm, but they're not practical and dear lord are they ugly.

• In the past, I have gotten boots that were cheaper and have better quality. Just look up riding boots. They are the way to go comfort but not for wearing in the middle of the snow or rain storm. I could see myself buying a pair to wear around the house but not in public.

• I don't own a pair but I find them cute

• Girl why do you care? why do you need their opinion 😩 They're the only boots that makes people warm in winter geez

• I don't know, I guess it depends on the girl, but I think they can be cute in some outfits, I'd probably not wear them though because I don't think I'd look as cute in them as these girls do:

http://i64.tinypic.com/20j35p2.jpg
    http://i68.tinypic.com/2r3kwth.jpg

• I have a pair of the bailey button ones. They're very comfy and the button doesn't make them look as... ugly lol.

• I LOVE ITTT 😍😍😍
    I have a pair. I wear all the time lol So comfy and keep my feet warm 😍

• Uggggggly I despise these boots and their ridiculous price tag.

• I heard UGG Australia abuse the animals inside the boots, so that definitely would make me never want to buy their shit. Plus the boots are ugly and pretty much a joke.

• They look like they should only be worn indoors.

• Ugly it why they are called Uggs no?

• Ugly but comfy as fuck :D
    Got a pair of bailey bows for Christmas.

• Tbh you wouldn't catch me dead in those boots. Everyone has them and they are just blah 😖

• Not my style

• Sure they are mad comfortable, but they don't look good. Uggs were fashionable like 2 years ago and now they're completely out of fashion but some people are still wearing them. That trend needs to die, they're ugly.

• Voted for cute because everyone calls them ugly. They don't look aesthetically pleasing to the eye, but they are extremely comfortable.

• Please don't buy a pair of Uggs unless you live somewhere where it snows often and you can wear them for their intended purpose. Pretty much every basic female owns a pair of Uggs. As soon as the weather hits 70 degrees here, everyone busts out their Uggs.

• More from Girls
    2