Can a school really make you wear shorts under your school uniform skirt?

My school as part of it's school uniform policy says that all girls must wear black or navy tight/athletic shorts under skirts at all times (including if wearing tights).

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, really they can make you since it's school uniform

• Yeah that's true they can have whatever they like for the uniform

• Thanks for MHO

• some schools are starting to have that rule

What Guys Said 1

• Because us guys will try and look up the girls skirts to see their underwear. Most of us guys lookup them including me.

• ew omg wtf I am going to make sure I always wear spandex under any skirt or dress. Im glad my school makes us now

What Girls Said 8

• Because they're aware that, Catholic or not, the wind may blow and result in some panties being flashed. Wind or perhaps some not so innocent intentions but in any case... it's just a way for them to ensure everyone remains as conservative as possible while still on school grounds.

• There are boys at my school as well, could that be something to do with it?

• Yeah those stairs definitely call for some black spandex under your dress, they need a beware of perverts below (spandex recommended under skirts/dresses) sign lol

• ew did you see what that guy answered on this question, I can definitely see why our school makes us wear spandex now

• We never had to do that at school. It could be so you don't have to worry about flashing your undies at any point.

• That sounds very weird. And they won't be able to check if you're actually wearing them or not anyway

• i wear that and I'm not in a school uniform. i do it so when i climb trees and play sports during break time , I'm not flashing anyone.

• Yes.
    ______________

• Yes... They make up their own rules - and if you don't like them... you can transfer.

• Yes, they can require whatever they want