Am I fat in Asia?

Am I fat in Asia?

I'm traveling there soon and I do not want to be stared at for my weight. I also might live there for a few months. I also want to be skinny and pretty like a ulzzang. Are there any good diets?

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of Asian gils do have very fucked up ideas of how heavy girls should be some think they're only at the right weight if they're underweight but that doesn't mean you have to buy into that. I also don't think they apply the same standards to western women. You can look any way you want pretty much. I think a lot of Asians (both genders) admire more curvy bodies because it's different from what they're used to so it's more attractive to them. But that's just from what I've seen so not 100% reliable. Anyway you shouldn't be this worried about it, just go there and have fun.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the country, but most would consider you to be average. What Szafi said is true though. Just be prepared to receive looks and comments about your appearance; they won't be shy to point out if you've gained a bit of weight or lost some, but they won't mean to be insulting.

What Guys Said 25

• Where in Asia? I lived in China for a few years. If you're going to China you will be stared at in any place that's not a major city. Even in major cities you may attract a lot of attention. Not because you are fat, though. They're going to love you because you are white.

• I am indeed going to China, but also Korea and Japan at first. I get really shy and embarrassed if I am stared at is all. Will I get any bad attention you think?

• In Japan, maybe. They don't really like foreigners. A lot of pride there. Korea, depends on which part. We've been there so long that most have had a chance to interact with foreigners. In China, you will be stared at. You will get a lot of attention. They can be very pro-white, they almost have an inferiority complex. Teens and young adults will want to "practice their English with you," and you will get a lot of questions that we would feel are personal/rude. That's just the culture over there. Don't take offense to it. They will also likely ask for your cell phone number. They will want to be able to show it off to their other friends that they have "a white friend." This has died down a bit because it's started to filter through the ranks that most westerners don't like to give out their cell phone numbers.

• In answer to your question. Some girls will see you as "fat" because you will be bigger than them. However, they will fawn over your skin. That being said, you've got a kick ass body.

• Absolutely not. Great body.

• No your good girl

• You ain't fat. Not at all.

Not sure about being in Asia have to do with anything. There are girl of all size in Asia just like everywhere else.

• Why do you care so much about what Asians will think? I mean, you seem healthy. Asians are genetically slim, do not try to loose weight since it's not good for you.

• Look damn good. Are you happy now?

• What? Noo. Fat girls in asia are no different from fat girls in other countries. Yes, they do tend to be smaller in general but it's all down to proportion.

• I am still trying to find the fat.. Because you are fit as fuck

• You're not fat and you shouldn't care what they think. I'm Asian and I have to say that Asian girls in Asia are so skinny it's kind of sickening.

• Nah you look great! You'll be fine in Asia. Have fun!

• Probably about average in Asia I'd say. Nothing to worry about.

• are you serious lol? awesome body and not even close to being to fat or chubby...

• Alrighty, thank you so much.

• What's an ulzzang?

• no, you look good and fit

• I don't think so

• You look fine to me.

• Not at all.

• You look amazing

• Asia ain't a country fam. It depends where you're going lol

• No not fat

• you're not fat at all.

• Nope. You're hot

• in asia probably you fat

• No, yiu ain't fat at all

• I think you're fine. If anything focus on doing some work with weights to tone up.

What Girls Said 16

• No way. Google search Asian girls and you'll see that you practically have the same body size. And it's a perfect body, too. Don't go on any serious diet, because you don't need it. Maybe just focus on eating healthy foods, and eat less sugars/fats/carbs. That's really all you can do.

• You're not going to look like a local so don't even bother trying.

• Honestly, maybe. My roommate is Chinese and she was maybe 100-110 lbs and her mom told her she gained weight since coming to college, and I'm thinking "What did you look like before?"

• I think it also depends on the country but most people would probably just consider you average.
    If your not Korean, don't try to be ulzzang tho lol just don't.

• no you're ain't fat

• You look thin and great!! You definitely don't look like you need a diet :) I think it's more likely everyone will think you are thin and hot than fat

• Really? Thank you so much! I am just worrying about any bad attention is all!

• you're not fat in any country

• This is a non-issue when you're not Asian.
    As I told you before, you'll be seen as gaijin, looked down upon or viewed as a public attraction. They will never see you as one of them. You will always stick out. Deal with it.

• ^this. Even being half-Asian (so half one of them) when I go to Asia people will view me as a complete foreigner and treat me differently.

• Are you kidding?
    You are not fat at all

• You look good, if they thought you were fat, its unnatural to think of you like that

• Er no. I would say most Asian girls are your size or similar. You look quite petite.

• You do not look fat, you look sexy and your weight appears to be quiet normal from what i can tell because you do not look under weight nor do you look over weight.

• You are not fat at all. Just OK.

• I have no idea what you are taking about. You are so skinny

• You are skinny in Asia and the western world

• You look fine