Girls, Is it ok for guys to wear one piece bathing suits?

-Disclamer-
Before I continue I want to point out that I am a swimmer and a water polo player at my JC so I'm used to wearing swim briefs and I'm fairly fit. I also am mostly waxed on my arms legs bikini line and my chest is kept very very short and neat. I'm also talking about a full coverage suit like women's water polo or full back racer suit. Not monkinis scrunch bottom cuts or anything exotic like that.

-Question-
Now to the questions at hand. What do you lady's think about guys wearing a one piece suit out in public? Would you find it acceptable? Would it gross you out? Or would you find it more attractive? What kind of body type do you believe a guy should have to wear one? All this and anymore advice you lady's have on this topic would be awesome.

-Reason-
The reason why I ask is because I own a few and have worn them in private but I now want to wear them in public. I personally I find them a lot more comfortable to wear I do honestly feel I'm more attractive in them as well as more masculine. They also cover more of the body so I consider them to be a bit more conservative (I guess is the word) then wearing a water polo or swim brief. I also have very fit legs and I really like showing them off; so I like the that they are a little bit higher cut around the legs vs a water polo brief which fit low at the hips with regular brief cut. I also really like that my backside fills out the bottoms quite nicely aswell. As for the front its all covered. I do not "tuck" and the suits I own hold everything in place even for me, being larger then average it shows no more then what a regular men's brief would show. So I know I can't get in trouble for indecent exposure.

Side Note: I do not wear these suits to feel like a woman nor am I a transgender. I do NOT wear them to be aroused and I'm no exobistiomist/weirdo. I just simply like the cut, comfort and fit of the suit.
Here is a link with an example of the kind of one piece swim suit I like to wear.

http://www.turbo.es/en/item/swimsuit-pop-turbo-928

And here is a pic of a water polo one piece I just recently purchased.

m.swimoutlet.com/.../
Well got my one piece in the male today finally took it out for a swim in it and nobody said a thing. Might just wear it out to swim practice.

10

Most Helpful Girl

• I think dudes wearing a one-piece is fine... especially if you're talking full coverage wet suit.

If you own some already then you probably fixed this, but my only misgiving about a dude wearing a girl's swimsuit is that because it is made for a different body, it might not fit you the right way - like, the crotch area might not cover as much as you want it to. But that's just with a women's one-piece. I'm pretty sure they sell one-pieces for men (like a wetsuit) or gender-neutral wetsuits.

• It's the women's one pieces that I prefer to wear. I have had some coverage issues but I found a swimsuit brand that covers and holds everything in place and is double lined.

• Any thoughts on the link I posted with the link of the actual suit I'm getting?

• I like it!

What Girls Said 9

• If you were with me, I would judge you and feel uncomfortable with you wearing a women's swimming suit.

If you weren't with me and I didn't know you, I'd probably wonder what you were doing. Maybe smile about it, but it's your choice.

Why let other's opinions sway you from something you like? They shouldn't (so long as it's not harming others).

• Exactly, I wore the water polo one out to my water polo practice last week while most guys ignored it or just didn't care. The females in the class surprisingly were more accepting of me wearing the suit. There was this one girl that decided to help teach me the eggbeater technique. She asked me to come out of the water and sit at the edge of the pool so she can show me the position & rotation my legs need to be in. So when I get out of the water she finally noticed what I was wearing. She just looked at me for a moment and blushed she then gets out and sits next to me. Then continues to instruct me but instead of just saying how she becomes very hands on I'm still very new to the sport only been my second day of practice. After a while of practicing on the edge we get back in to practice fully in water all the while she becomes very friendly and hangs around me for the rest of the practice. I don't want to read to much into it though. But I feel that it's a pretty good response.

• Your comfort comes first, who gives a damn what other people think? I've seen some guys wearing one piece swimming suits so its not unusual.

• Lol wear what you want dude :p
    If anything you would seem more interesting and it could spark a conversation

• Thank you, I never really thought of it as a possible conversation piece.

• You do you. It's 100% ok for you to wear whatever you want/need to wear when in the water. And if you rock it, rock it!

• Do you mean a woman's swimsuit?

Pictures would help because a mans one piece suit could be just some trunks. Men aren't in bikinis very often.

• would be fun to watch, I'd laugh def, but hey... it's none of my business, do what you want, man!

• Well you sound like you are a transvestite... It's not something I will find attractive, but I mean, it's a free world, do what you want.

• Well I assure you I'm not I don't B wear anything else other then the one pieces and that's it.

• It's ok if you are a transvestite!!! it's not attractive to me, but you should feel free to be yourself!

• Please don't

• Wear whatever makes YOU comfortable. There is always he ideal looks of bikinis but I never wear them. I stick to tankinis which are just as nice. Just wear what makes you feel confident and don't pay attention to any assholes who will make a big deal about it. Odds are, no one will say anything!