Do girls look more feminine with or without tattoos?

• With
  • Without

Most Helpful Guy

• Generally speaking, I'd say "without".

There have been a very rare set of exceptional cases I've seen where a woman with a tattoo actually seemed more "feminine" to me as a result of it because it was accentuating her figure in such a beautiful way.

An example might be tattoos on an indigenous woman. In such a case, the markings on her body are not tacky decals but an elaborate set of markings signifying her culture and traditions.

Another would be like the markings of a Yakuza mistress. In that case, her markings signify her as the mistress of a feared gang leader, and the markings reflect an ancient tradition. I find these to be quite beautiful sometimes.

http://f00.inventorspot.com/images/mistress.jpg

There are also some really elaborate designs. I imagine if I saw this woman in person wearing a dress, she'd be quite stunning.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...510b57c3cc.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 45

• Tattoos are the most unfeminine things a lady can have. The other things are studs and rings, except in ears, and then only a single pair. A small nose stud is sometimes OK, but not a ring.

• i think it's hot and megan fox , cara delevingne , Angelina Jolie , Scarlett Johansson are the hottest and they all are tattooed women

• @sara_nour I wouldn't look twice at any of them. I've seen much better on GAG!

• ... and I think the "withouts" win by a mile!

• I would say it depends on the tattoo whether she is feminine/more feminine or not, for example
    www.tattoobite.com/.../...roses-tattoo-on-back.jpg
    As opposed to a kick ass one which is very sexy but not feminine in the classical sense
    www.askideas.com/.../...toos-On-Girl-Back-Body.jpg

• Without, definitely.

• women that have tattoos that can be seen are NEVER feminine. Same thing with any piercing other then in their ear. Do people that have them in their nose or lip really think they don't look F'ing stupid? ughhh...

• Tattoos, in my mind, make a girl look slutty and easy. Some people are into them. I am not.

• Definitely without! Tattoos are NEVER a turn ON for me, they are neutral at best for me.

• Without. I don't like tattoos on anyone, but I think they look bad on women.

For some reason, I associate tattoos with guys who have been to prison because before say 10-15 years ago most people with tattoos were generally in biker gangs or got them in prison.

When I am with a girl and she has tattoos some part of me thinks yuck that's a man hand on me.

Basically on a scale of 1 to 10, subtract 2 points for tattoos. Once a women is over 30 with tattoos, subtract 4-5 points making them undatabke to me

• I think most tattoos are not set for the reason of being more feminine or not, but rather to look cool or to remember something or someone by including it in a tattoo.
    So I would say there is in general no influence of a tattoo on being feminine.

• There are *some* tattoos that are cute looking, and if they draw attention to an otherwise shapely body part, that actually makes sense.

But most? NO.

Ask yourself this: Will that tattoo still look good on me at age 30? 50? 70? 90? Will it give me fond nostalgic memories then? Am I sure about that?

• I'd say without for sure.

• Without.

• I don't think it determines femininity. It's just a different style, like wearing specific clothes or having a specific haircut.

• What even is "feminine"?

• For me tattoo keeps a Lot of attention on women body so her Ass and titties fall into second part and it makes other people focus on tattoo and not noticing feminine parts of womens body. Except if women does that on their belly ( Sexy as fuck if She has a big Ass also ) or a small tattoo on her leg. But no if u women make tattoo on your arms u aren't attractive and u just make me vomit.

• without

• I'd say depends. If you're considering one, and are worried about it making you look less feminine, just get it somewhere it can't be seen then.

I really don't care though. I personally like them anyway.

• WITH OR WITHOUT !! THEY CAN BE FEMININE WITH OR WITHOUT !! Look at Angelina Jolie... she is covered with them

• Depends on the tattoo and how much of her body is covered with them. I don't mind tattoos on women, but too many can be unattractive to me.

• Makes no difference to me depending on how many tattoos... do you mean like an ankle tatto/ back tattoo etc or like a full body thing? XD

• Any and all xD

• for me it really depends haha, Like there is a huge difference. Foor me as long as it's not exesive then it;s hot XD

• Lol okii

• Without .

• W/o.

• Girls are more attractive for me without tattoos. Beauty is natural. I had a hairdresser who is quite beautiful because she has a pretty shape and long hair, but I don't like her tattoos.

• Definitely without

• Depends on tattoo. I sadly get prejudiced about someone with a meaningless tattoo.

• Without. But then again, I don't like tattoos on anybody.

• It really does depend on the tattoo.

• Depends on style/placement

• Depend , If she have dragon tattoos like yakuza , less feminine ; p

• She may look less feminine with tattoos but way hotter!

• I love women who have tattoo. I really want to date with one.

• More from Guys
    15

What Girls Said 32

• If you're thinking about getting a tattoo, do NOT get a flower one, unless it means something special to you.

A meaningless tattoo is a brand. It's a sign to show that you fell into the void of fashion statements, and blind following.

I'm getting my first tattoo on Saturday, I'm damn scared and excited at the same time. Scared because, what if I don't like the way it comes out? What if in three years I change my mind and suddenly hate the design? What if my dad disowns me cause he hates tattoos? (Yes the last one is pretty irrational. He hates them but he is with a woman with a bear on her boob)
    Excited, because this is a design I've wanted for years upon years. I got the idea from a tat my mum has on her leg, a yin yang, then over the years it developed in my mind to this beautiful celtic yin yang design. It has so much meaning in it, I coldn't even begin explaining it (and I won't be so don't ask)

To do with femininity?
    Who cares honestly.

I think they can be. Tattoos are not meant for any specific gender, and the only reason they skew towards men is because of the stigma surrounding tattoos, of big, tough and rebellious.

Tattoos were originally used to brand slaves, they were used to disgrace. The slaves began turning it around and a few had 'property of Her Majesty' tattooed onto their backs, so when they were whipped, their abusers could see and know they were damaging Her Majestys property.

It has over the years evolved into a fashion statement, and I hate that, but so long as what you get has meaning to you, then by all means. But if you're only geting one because you think it looks cool?
    Don't. Don't mark your body with a symbol of being a sheep.

• Generally without just because tattoos aren't necessarily seen as the most feminine but it really depends on what it is and where they are etc. Most of the time though it doesn't automatically make a girl masculine.

• I think it totally hot.

• I dont think tattoos affect being more or less feminine at all. It depends on how you carry and present yourself.

• i guess without

• Without typically but I love tattoos anyway

• Without, without a doubt.

• It all depends on which style they go for, things like dragons, skulls, zombies comic strip sleeves look more masculine. I've got nine tattoos, mine are most ly quite feminine. I like wildlife and mine are mainly animals, apart from a band logo, a small quote, stars and a floral tribal tattoo. You can't see any of them if i don't wear more revealing clothing.

• It depends on the tattoo and where. If she's got a big ass gothic skull on her arm than less. If she has a peacock feather wrapping her leg more.

But really tattoos should be seen as art. Some people like them and some don't

• Without most definitely. I've never heard someone consider a tattoo to be a feminine attribute.

• It doesn't make a difference to a person's femininity or masculinity at all.

• u fuckin caucasians with ur amazing eye colours @jxpxtxr :(

• on a scale of 1-10 what would you rate my vibes just based on the stuff i write here :-D :-D

• @vnmc123123111 -11 bc wayyyyy too obsessed with looks

• i think tattoos give off the sterio type to men that the woman is dirty, wild, or rebellious even if the girl is a virgin. If a virgin walked down the street covered in tattoos and you asked aguy how many men she's had sex with he'd easily say up to 5.

• Tattoos make you look "tough" which isn't what you want when you're going for feminine.

• Without for sure.

• There should be a 'doesn't matter' option. I voted 'With' only because there wasn't one. I don't have any myself but know a few females that do. It hasn't changed thier femininity in any way. I guess it can also depend where she has them and what she has. My cousin has four tiny hearts up her wrist... three blue, one pink symbolising her four children. I think it looks very sweet.

• without. but it shouldn't matter how feminine it looks. if you want a tattoo then go for it.

• Without

• i guess it depends on the design.

like sleeves of pastel flowers would be feminine...

• Depends. Some girls really rock the tattoos and do look better with them. I dont like the over the top head to toe look, unless you're Kat Von D she is really the only one who can pull it off.

• Neither. I'm very feminine. My tattoo didn't make me look more or less feminine. Though it's just a very small, simple word and not a graphic tattoo. Those can look kinda trashy.

• You asked on the basis of looks so it depends on the look of tattoo. If it's cute and small I don't think it'd make you any less feminine. But if I'm to say my honest opinion femininity really doesn't depend on your looks. It is your character that defines whether you are feminine or not. You can have a big ass tattoo and still be feminine :)

• I don't think tattoo's make a difference with that.

• I think it depends more on the quantity of tattoos she got, the more tattoos the less feminine appearance

• C - it has nothing to do with anything.

• I have a small tattoo on my upper right shoulder I want to get one more small one on my wrist.

• it depends of course

• I think it can go either way. Depends on the tattoo and its location.

• Depends on what kind of tattoos, but generally probably without.

• I have a tatoo and I´m all feminine that I have to be.

• They want $ugar mama. Everything else is bs

• More from Girls
    2