He looks at me! If a guy looks at you a lot, it means that he in some way likes you? And if he always quickly looks away?

So this guy in my history class, looks at me a lot, which is kinda weird, anyways whenever I look back at him he quickly turns his head or something. What does that mean? I was wondering if I have something on my face, but I certainly don't all the time. My friend says he likes, but I really can't imagine he does

I should mention, that I know him a bit, we talk sometimes, so there's really no reason to look away

Most Helpful Guy

• If a guy is looking at you, and he looks away when you return the glance, then he definitely is attracted to you.

Secondly, not only is he attracted to you, but he is very shy, and is unsure about how to approach you. While he is looking at you, he is probably attempting to get the nerve up to talk to you, but he probably is not sure of what to say, and is either A) Afraid of an awkward situation where you're both facing each other, not saying anything, and making a fool of himself, or B) Rejection, because he is attracted to you, but is afraid that if he approaches you, that you will possibly talk to him, but getting your name, number, or even asking to spend time with you will be answered with a quick, "No thanks".

If you are attracted to him, or want to meet him, then as the others have already answered, simply give him a warm, inviting smile back. If that does not work, he is probably extremely nervous about meeting you, so perhaps a little bit of a stronger response is called for. Such as, you could go over and talk to him, and make the situation a whole lot less awkward. Or, if you catch his glance elsewhere, simply motion him to come over to you..

Regardless of how you go about this, one thing is for sure...He is attracted to you for sure. You may be so pretty in his eyes, that it is intimidating for him, and he may feel like you are in a way, "Out of his league". I say, make the guys day and just go talk to him ;) might turn out to be a great guy.

• No, no he's out of my league. He's also not exactly shy from what I can tell, more the player type, the guy everyone knows course he's fun to be with. This is why it's so confusing, he's not a friend of mine but we talked a few times, so I know him a bit, he also isn't shy with girls. He lays his arm around me every chance he gets (he does with every girl) so I don't get why he's looking away? but thx

• And I think I just reported you, but I didn't mean to, sry. I accidently clicked on it

• Yes, we can definitely undress girls in our heads LOL, it's a skill.

What Guys Said 8

• I would undoubtedly say that he likes you. I used to do that to my girlfriend when we had class together. Funny thing is it took her friend that was in the class to tell her that I liked her and she didn't believe her friend. Anyways I would stare at her and then look away if she noticed. He likes you...

• Sounds like he thinks you're attractive... Most guys are always looking at a girl they find attractive... Just some guys have a better way to hide it than others :P I don't think he's very good at it! If you think he's cute approach him. Some guys don't have the balls to do it themselves.

• like I said below, he's not really shy so I don't think he would have a problem aproaching me, which is why I still don't get it

• sounds like someone wants to bone, if you said he probly won't have a problem approaching you and always looks at you he probly still likes ya or is a weirdo and is thinkin about something weird in his mind bout you ahha, jus ask him what his problem is if it annoys u

• Its a great possibility that he may find you attractive. Next time he looks at you wave to him and signal a smile welcoming him to approach you and create a conversation. If he does not come just let it go. If you already gave him the signal to respond to your demeanor and he does not have the courage to come out of his shell to talk then its nothing. Just do not read anymore into it.

• Well I would smile at him, like I said we know each other a bit, no big deal, but he doesn't give me the chance to, course he always looks away. I don't mind him looking at me from time to time, but when he does it all the time it makes me feel uncomfrotable, if you know what I mean.

• He likes you or either he's weird and looks away so you don't know that or he does it to not seem creepy

• Maybe he loves to stare at you when your looking away, so when you look at him and catch him staring it kinda ruins the moment per say...

• Make sure you don't have c.um on your face.

• If your kinda friends and you catch him looking at you like that then he likes you. He's probably shy or if you're like the girl I like and this guy is like me then you do it because it sends a stronger message to you than just direct eye contact. I normally will meet you're eyes if you look at me but she's not like the girls I normally hit on so I like to change it up.

• He's not really a friend, I just talked to him a few times. You look away instead of meeting her eye but you usually don't? why is she different, like what does she do that react differently? And what if he's not shy at all

• Now the girl I currently like is different because she not used to being hit on so the direct eye contact thing doesn't work now she's gorgeous and I'm sure a bunch of guys think she's attractive but she is very socially awkward. I don't want to come on to strong to her so I let her think she's caught me looking at her once and then shell keep checking for the rest of the day to see if I'm still looking at her I let her catch me a couple more times. So far I think its working out well see though

• ok, could imagine it works, thx

What Girls Said 5

• The reason he looks away is because he is still young. He may come off as confident, outgoing, and even a player, but he still probably doesn't have much experience with relationships. When guys are young, more often than not they like to portray an image of being tough. When you catch him staring, he probably gets embarrassed about how open he might seem.

• He might. Stare at. You. Because he might find you attractive and want to see if you did a new hair style or how you were your make up that. Day

• i have the same problem I have guys look at ,e and turn my head but I always think no guy would like me...ugh it makes me so frustrated why can't a guy just ask you out without making it a project!

• He likes you.

• staring simply indicates attraction and interest...it means he likes the way you look and there is something intriguing about you...

but to actually like someone involves emotional attachment and the desire to date them and know them as a person...which in your case you're not at that stage yet

just smile at him and make eye contact back, this will let him know you're interested too and may be he will make a move

• Well ya OK, I should have phrased it different but you know what I mean. The thing is he I don't get the chance to smile at him because he always looks away