Dark Hair And Pale Skin?

How do guys feel about dark hair/pale skin on a girl?I have dark hair naturally and pale skin with black eyes. I used to always lighten my hair to a lighter brown because I felt that my dark hair was intimidating or harsh-looking. Now I'm 19 and I realize that it might not be a problem. Do you think it is? I want the brutal honest truth and I won't hold it against you. And if it is too harsh or intimidating, what can a girl do with makeup or other things to make it look softer?

This question has a poll!

• Vote A I prefer to date dark-haired pale skinned girls.
  • Vote B I prefer dark hair, but I don't like pale skin.
  • Vote C I like pale skin, but I don't like dark hair.
  • Vote D I like all types of women and this stuff doesn't matter.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• How many paintings from the great artists throughout history have you seen with dark hair and tanned skin? None, that's right. Dark hair against soft alabaster skin is not only sexy, it is healthy and beautiful. Touch the skin of a woman who is 40 and had dark, tanned skin all her life, then do the same with a 40 year-old woman with skin like yours. The tanned skin will be dry, leathery, and textured not smooth, the others will be soft, silky, and smooth. I would take yours over a tan any day and so would a million other guys I know.SS,Gregory

• ive knoticed that a lot of the media portrays women with tans and blonde/lighter hair so its natural for someone to think that's what pretty is but in my opinion that's bullsh*t. don't think that what you look like defines you either. its what you think. I oogle unhelthaly over ghostly skin and black hair. every guy has their own preference tho. if a guy thinks that your not pretty cus your hair and skin don't look like how all the f***ing models and playboys dye and tan theirs then he's a shallow asshole

What Guys Said 9

• 35d

It's friken sexy it's a huge turn on to me

I prefer them actually, because they're more beautiful and usually have a great personality.

• it shouldnt matter althought all of us have prefrences.i like white girls more than anything, but I have dated halk the world, from white to black, from 5 foot to 6. from younger to older than me. its all gravy baby.

• 9d

i like Girls with very white skin and dark and long hair and with no makeup

• I wish I could find a girl who was pale and had black eyes and hair that's a huge turn on in my book

• What I've noticed is that most women are pretty. I personally like pale skinned women. Very attractive. And Dark hair is good, too! I'm a 22 year old guy and women come in all shapes and sizes and tones...heh. So don't worry about your color or your skin. Be healthy and guys will like you. And if there are guys who don't they most likely are scum dirtbags and you wouldn't want them liking you anyhow. And don't worry about looking intimidating to guys. First of all black just isn't and second we are the warrior sex mwahaha.

• 38d

Unfortunately, physical attraction DOES play a role in genuine attraction. So black hair (short) and pale skin combined with a non-mainstream lifestyle and a shy-ish personality will make me weak in the knees, and will make my heart race, and will make my body tremble. Unfortunately, people like this are terribly hard to run into. You-----LMFAO wooow I actually just saw one (well, sort of...) from where I'm sitting, but you get the point. People like the kind I just described are hard to come by. And because mainstream actually turns me OFF, and because I will only date someone that I have a GENUINE attraction to that is void of lust, I have payed the price of never been in a relationship or kissed, or any of that. Perhaps that is why most relationships fail at some point. Because people will take what they can get in a partner, then fail to have the proper amount of communication to get around any negative differences. For me, I'm just waiting for the point that I meet someone with the above description and go from there. That would be someone with whom I would feel euphoric just to be sitting next to. And that kind of feeling inside me can only be generated by a girl with pale skin and short-ish dark hair (basically anything that is NOT the mainstream common long hairstyle). It would also take personality, but this particular look is a must in my case. My point is that this black hair is not too harsh, it is beautiful. Don't let society not having this be the standard get in the way. (Society has bad taste too >_<) Besides, I see a consistency among people with these looks to be more serious about love. Perhaps there is a culture that has arisen as a result of the way society treats them? Who knows... But as the saying goes, "Black is beautiful", in this case being hair. . . I know I sound crazy, but I spend a lot of time thinking about this stuff since I'm picky, yet really would like having a gf.

• I absolutley love women with dark hair and fair skin, even lily white skin. ( Vampire women)I find it it very sexy.

• Ok, I personally LOVE pale skinned girls I typically prefer lighter hair colors, but I'm fine with just about anything.

What Girls Said 9

• I have pale skin, brown hair, and brown eyes. I've gotten some comments about how I look "evil" because of my features, but I've also gotten some really nice compliments. I think you're going to look best with whatever features you were born with. If I was meant to have light hair, I would have it naturally.

• emo? get sum sun. but if that's your style, then go for it.

• I have the same coloring and it's how we look naturally, we weren't made this way because we're goth or emo...i am the way I am because that's the way it is and I wear the clothes I think are nice, regardless of what stereotype they fit into, sometimes it's emo, sometimes it's boho, sometimes prep...it's whatever.

• Show Older
    • Actually, the word Emo is from Emotive Hardcore, a type of hardcore punk music from the 80's. The emo=emotional is just silly teenage nonsense.

• Not emo lol. Some people just don't tan, including myself. I only burn and then turn white again.

• I'm sorry but when I see a pale girl with really dark hair I think it makes the girl look cracked out. I guess it really depends on the what the girl looks like. Some might be able to pull it off.

• NO WAY! I have dark hair and fair skin and I used to dye mine blond until my best guy friend told me that I look way hotter with my dark hair. He said it made me look mysterious in a good way and lots of guys LOVE IT! So girl love what god gave ya and if you don't like it you can always play around with the hair dye or better yet do some little Carmel or a lighter brown high lights!

• No way is it a problem. I look the same. I have dark brunette hair and pale skin, although the only difference is that I have light blue eyes I LOVE the way I look. I wouldn't touch a bottle of hair dye or go anywhere near a tanning bed to save my life. In fact, My boyfriend, who is full blooded Cherokee Native American, says girls with pale skin and dark hair drive him crazy! Point being, I don't care if you're blonde, brunette, tan or pale, I think we all look best with what we were born with. Don't change a thing girl! :D

I don't date women but I tend to notice more of the pale skin dark haired women than the usual what men or majority of people consider "hot" or "highly desirable" which is white blonde women. I, myself have pale skin with dark eyes and dark hair, when i tan I tan bronze, i just don't like tanning it's too hot and if i do I'd rather do it with minimal clothing because I can't stand tan lines. I learned to like myself for how I look, short 5'2", pale, dark thick curly and dark eyes and eyebrows. If people don't like it, oh well. Love yourself the way you are and you won't worry about who doesn't. Better yet you'll attract the right people into your life, at least not the kind who try to change you or make you feel insecure about the way you look.

• You sound beautiful!Why tone it down?!? No way!I have very pale skin, green/blue eyes, and really light brown hair that transcends into blond. I don't really like my hair color.I would give anything to have natural black hair!

• I love dark hair and pale skins, but does things don't really matter

• I don't know what guys but I think it is pretty.