How can you tell someone they need to wash their clothes?

they need to wash their clothes becuase they smell like a dead animal.. without offending them?

this guy I know wears clothes like this to work, iv actually felt like puking and it disgusts me.

iv hinted around but obviously he's not gonna realize it until it smacks him in the balls.

I've even offered a couple times to wash him a load of clothes and he passes it up

no he's not a coworker he's at my house alot. I'm honestly suprised his manager hasn't said anything becuase I have litterally gagd when he walks by

Most Helpful Guy

• I know exactly what you mean, there was a guy in my class who was like that, he smelled like road kill no one would sit next to him. It got to the point where girls would accidently spray him with perfume guys would tell him he smelled like death, and yet he never got the hint.

What Guys Said 4

• Talk to your supervisor and have your supervisor talk to him.

• Just tell him that you cannot hang out, or he's not invited anymore if he doesn't wash his clothes.

• thats what supervisors and managers are for don't risk your job on the situation

• I don't see why someone wouldn't wash their clothes lol.

• is it a uniform? if it is tell him its unsanitary for a uniform to not be washed and is disrespectful to the company. if its his own clothes just tell him to please change his clothes. that you like him better when he wears different things from time to time. DO NOT SAY HE SMELLS. whether you like him or not, this will only make things awkward

• doesnt matter, you still need to not mention that he smells

• hmm ill try that. good idea :)

its not really that I'm scared of things being awkward I just don't want to hurt his feelings

• ull hurt his feelings if you make it awkward. remember, girls don't like to be called fat. so why should you say we smell. if your gonna say it, just dont. hope it works :)

What Girls Said 4

• Lol, you should "accidentally" spill something on him so he has to go wash them. Mwahahaha ;)

That's a temporary solution though lol, I'd just go with the febreeze idea, or talk to his manager about it in confidence.

• i would buy a bottle of febreeze and start spraying like there is no tomorrow.

• I don't have an answer but I went to college with a guy like that. I almost threw up one time when we were in the same room he smelled so bad and we were on opposite sides of the room.

• I don't think there's anything more you can do. You should just focus on the parts of the situation you CAN control. You can't control him, but you can control his stank in your cubicle with a series of Febreeze spray cans and Glade plug ins.