What to do with a boring face?

A lot of pretty people have great unique features like beauty marks, cute noses, high cheekbones, interesting jawbones or weird shaped lips but I'm just boring.

I barely wear any makeup and my school photo this year was really disturbing, my friend compared it to a picture of my brother, and said we looked exactly alike. Ew.

How can I do my makeup in an interesting but not over the top way that will reflect my artistic personality and make me look really feminine? My face shape is oval, I have fair cool toned skin and red hair, thanks! XOXOXOXO

Most Helpful Girl

• Well personally I have an oval face too and its super annoying because my baby fat never left my face. I'm skinny but my face tends to have a little chub and barely noticable cheekbones. I just try to compliment the little things that I do have and accentuate them a little more. Just like you hvae to try different clothes on to find the right one to fit your body type, you have to do that with makeup.

My hair was red for a little while and I had to find the right makeup for it. It was hard and I had to do some reseach. Here is what I found.

EYES: I'd say wear some mascara, a little bit of eyeliner to accentuate your eyes. If you wanted to go a little futher then you can wear eye shadow. Warm( browns and metalics) but light shades because you don't want it to look like you have a black eye or anything. I don't like unnatural looks and I don't like taking off makeup and looking like a differnt person or an alien. ha ha Make sure the colors compliment your skin tone.

LIPS: There is nothing more complimenting on a person than a great smile and nourished lips. SO keep them hydrated and soft by drinking water and moisterizing them. Then to add a little bang find a lipstick that is close to your lip color and apply it very lightly. Just enough to add a little color and stand out a little more. You want it to kind of stain your lips to add the color and then wipe it off a little bit so it doesn't look like your lips are all gunked over.

Remember to keep everything light though and also you have to try out different things. I found the right shade of lipstick by buying random $1 ones at walmart and trying each one of them out at home. If I didn't like it then not much money wasted and I was one step closer to finding the right shade. haha

Wearing makeup doesn't make you fake. It accentuates and brings out your beauty. Just don't over do it like a lot of girls I've seen have.

• Same with me! I'm like a twig with chubby cheeks ;(

What Guys Said 1

• i really don't know , but maybe you could try wearing more colorful cloth ? but I have weird shaped lips that's considered a great unique feature ? lol

What Girls Said 8

• I think a cat eye, or at least some winged out eyeliner, would look really cool on you. I think it looks good with red hair, and would make your eyes look cool.

Getting bangs also can make you stand out more. I used to have them, and I was really reluctant to grow them out, cause I also feel like my face is really boring, and they were like the only thing that set me apart. :/

• I know how you feel. I've started doing crazy things with makeup like wearing bold red lipstick or rainbow eyeshadow (not at the same time, though). Some people might see it as a little extreme, but I think it's interesting.

• I think you should just put pink blush on and make your cheeks look a little higher, then you got long hair, wear it loose, put on mascara to make the dramatic look and I'm sure you will feel less ''boring''

• It's good because oval faces look good with all types of hair. Grow your hair out and make it wavy. Super pretty and feminine! Definitely wear blush!

• How do you make your hair wavy? my hair is naturally just relaxed, but mostly straight and when I braid my wet hair, and sleep with it in, it looks silly, also trying to make waves with a bun on top of my head never works, should I buy a large curling iron?

• i have a boring face as well. hence, my love for eyeliner :p it brings out your eyes, can be applied with subtlety or with drama, very easy to put on and take off.

• Having unique features isn't all it's cracked up to be. I have very high prominent cheekbones, cat like eyes and a large forehead. Some people think I'm very pretty but some people think I'm ugly. I looked weird as hell up until my teen years when I finally grew into my features. I'm considered attractive *now* but I had to go through a lot to get here. I used to look like an alien and I stuck out lol. So grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Girls with fair skin look nice when they wear blush. It's summer so go for a light color shade link

Winged eyeliner always adds interest. Smokey eye. Get bright colors and wear them with neutrals. Do like a gradient effect, say you have a nude and champagne color, then blend a bright aqua in the outer area. This will be a really cool affect and you can do it with different colors. Colored eyeliner

Go for hot pink lips, a classic red lip.

• youtube has some great beauty videos

• Get your eyebrows shaped or more defined to compliment your face and give you some womanly definition.

• actually my eyebrows are the one thing that adds character, they are really arched like angelina jolie, but my fair skin and oval face and drab eyes make me look so boring ^.^

• Try going on youtube and watching makeup tutorials and you can get some pointers or tricks to vamp up your look, you can experiment until you feel more comfortable with yourself :)