Is pale skin really that unattractive?

I really hate my skin color! I know I should be happy with whatever I have blah blah blah but I can't help it.

I'm going on vacation in a couple days with a bunch of my friends (guys and girls) and I'm embarrassed to wear a swimsuit. I'll practically glow under the sun.

I have super white skin, really long dark wavy hair (until my lower back) and big brown eyes.

I'm almost as white as Amanda Seyfried: link

Most Helpful Guy

• In China & other Asian countries, pale skin is often considered more attractive. So much so that all moisturisers have a bleaching ingredient to make the skin paler.

Of course that doesn't help you unless you're planning on moving to Asia!

Nonetheless, pale skin isn't unattractive at all. In the UK, tanned is often seen as more sexy, but there's nothing inherently unattractive about pale skin. Plus pale skin looks a hell of a lot more attractive than poorly applied or over-done fake tan... White is a much nicer skin colour than orange lol!

Don't worry about getting your body out and showing off your skin on holiday. Everyone is white after winter. Just have a laugh about it. Just don't be stupid like some people and burn on your first day so you don't look as pale. If you use plenty of suncream and get a slow tan over the course of your holiday it will look a lot nicer, a lot more even and it'll last a lot longer!

So basically, don't worry about it in general, and use the holiday as a chance to get a bit of a tan so that for the rest of the summer you're happier getting your legs out and wearing skirts and things because they won't be quite so ghostly white lol.

What Guys Said 24

• Nothing wrong with being paler, I'm not really that tan either. I'm kind of half way between tan and white. There is actually a girl I work with who is quite beautiful and she has white skin as well as blonde hair and blue eyehas so you don't need a tan to look good.

• I don't find pale skin unattractive at all , I once had a crush on a girl that I went to school with and she had really pale skin color , but she was still a beauty . Just relax and have fun on the beach :) and watch out not to get a sunburn (that's what you should care about :) )

• it depends if you can pull it off. like it could look really pasty and bad or if you can pull off that kinda porcelain look with dark hair and really red lipstick I find that really hot

• doesn't it say something that you say you're almst as white as her, and is it unattractive, and she's on the picture for a beauty website? YES it's beautiful!

• I actually prefer pale skin. I will date a woman with pale skin preferentially over a darker woman.

• Being pale is awesome in the winter but it sucks in the summer, mostly because of sun burns. Just like being brown is great in the summer but it is useless in the winter. I suggest just know your limits and don't be in the sun too long. BTW I am brown skinned naturally but the girl I am dating is extremely pale. I guess it is true- opposites attract.

• I think pale skin is more attractive than tanned skin

• its fine as long as your not very hairy and have acne-riddled skin. in other words, pale skin is fine, as long as its good skin.

• I like it much better than those girls who are overly tan.I think it is cute kind of.

• I think it's worse if your a guy and your pale.

• This is the vampire era. With jet black hair too. Shoot get you some teeth and go with it. Pale skin can be very sexy. Put on that bikini and be confident. The mire confident you are th3 more attractive

• This girl I like is just as fair and we flirt quite a bit and I suggested she get a tan and she said in eastern europe (where she is from) pale skin is attractive. But never the less even with her pale skin she is a hottie.

• Pale skin is really beautiful. I see girls with pale skin and it's amazing !! Your features sound unique and cool.

I am dark chocolate skin tone :)

• Na its fine... Most of the time its regarded as true beauty

• I prefer women with pale skin.

• I prefer girls with pale skin over girls with tanned skin.

You don't need to be tan to be pretty.

• noooooooooooooo you got it all wrong silly goose :p I love girls with pale skin I think that natural non tanned skin color is much more attractive don't ever be afraid to show your true skin color

• I can confirm this. Yes, people find it unattractive unfortunately, most people at least...just being honest. And as someone here said, its worse for guys. Don't overthink about it.

• to tell you the truth very white skin is my favoritte.

• I like it. It's attractive. I prefer it.

• I love and love pale skin girls. u say u were embarrassed? lol. i am a tan guy and believe me pale white legs drives me crazy. they are just soo attractive. i have seen lots of tan women through out my life. no is is ever seems to be as attractive as a pale white skin.
    u put ur leg beside a tan leg u will yourself find ur beautiful attractive pale skin more attractive and so does the majority of the population.

• I see nothing wrong with pale skin, maybe a bit excessively pale I admit, but I personally prefer that over tan or baked tan.

• Being really pale used to be the trend. Now its being super tan. Trends always change.

Not to worry though I own some tanning salons and can assure if you go get an airbrush tan you will have the best tan of your life.

Find someone that does in your area about a day or 2 before your event.

• I prefer it. It is beautiful.

What Girls Said 19

• Embrace your paleness. I'm WHITE, so much so that even when I tan I'm only just about the same colour as my other Caucasian friends before they tan. I used to hate it but now I love it, I certainly stand out from the crowd, have very little skin damage caused by the sun and happily because I live in England I can fall in to the English rose category.

There is such an obsession with tanning in the UK and U.S.A, it's just gone completely nuts. I prefer to be 'pale and unusual'.

• For years and years I've been buying tons and tons of self tanning lotions cause I'm too scared to go on a tanning bed and none of them worked as I'd hoped.. I even put them on my face! haha was horrible!! I was always so self conscious about my skin, but now I recently started to not even care. I stopped buying all that stuff. I think the only reason we care so much is because others point it out.. at least I think it did for me.. people will say "omg you're so white" like if it were something negative. Bleh~ Love the skin you're in, and wear sun block!! :]!

• Heeeey, I glow too! :D But my boyfriend likes me. :) He says I'm simply a fair-skinned girl and says he thinks my pale skin is pretty because it's so smooth and you know. Not cancer-ridden.

• In India you would be worshipped. They love light skinned women.every skin product has a skin lightening ingredient. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.what's ugly to one person,might be attractive to another.I love pale white skin, even on men..hate the fake tan.I'm sure you are very pretty.

• I'm extremely white as well and I used to be insecure about it but now I think it makes me look more unique since everyone's into the fake tans nowadays. I say don't be embarrassed because I'm sure no ones really going to care..just wear a lot of sunscreen.(:

• Im pretty tan, but I live in an area where its sunny all year long. So here, its nearly impossible to have pale skin, and I guess is not as attractive to many people because it shows that you're not that active.

But here, stick skinny girls, or white girls in general are NOT very attractive to most men.

However, places in Europe and Asia, paleness is considered GORGEOUS.

Bottom Line: I really think that it depends where you're from. Beauty is different in all places.

• I grew up living on the beach in South Florida and I've always been pale =P

• I'm the same way, and for the longest time I tried tanning, but I just don't tan. And I realized that I like pale skin more than the tan lines you get and I think it looks very classy and feminine like a porcelain doll. A lot of women would kill to look like that :)

• EMbrace your paleness, it looks natural and beautiful.

• I'm as white as she is, and in winter time worse. Skin without flaws or anything, thank god, and strawberry blond hair. When I've been inside with friends and we go out in the sun, I'm literally blinding in the first few seconds.

I can't even get browner, because I don't have melatonin in my skin.

I'm not going to say be happy with what you got, but it has some sort of uniqueness to be that white. See it positive. And don't forget sun protection...

• I know a lot of guy who dislike tanned women, especialy if they use tanning booth. They call them "nachos" because of their color often more orange than something else.

I have a white skin. Some people call me "snow white" because of my dark hair and my pale skin.

I accept myself like that, and when somebody ask me why I do not tan, I answer that it is because I can't, and anyway, I'm so beautiful that way. Also, at 40 years old, I will not look like 55 because of premature skin aging.

+1 of gorgeousness for pale skin B)

• Nothing wrong with it at all. I actually used to avoid the sun as much as possible to become paler as I had a phase were I thought it was so pure and beautiful.

Just because "someone" said tanned is best, doesn't make it true.

And if you're really worried about it, buy some good quality self tan spray/moisturizer so you darken up a bit for your bikini. by the way, don't worry, most people are super pale in the beggining of the summer so no one cares.

• I'm from Belgium and i'm very very pale. I have blue eyes and brown hair. In my class, actually EVERYONE is tanned. Because the most of them have brown eyes, dark hair colour etc. Actually i got my skin colour of my mom. I'm insecure about my skintone to be honest, because they always call me things like ''vampire'' - ''ghost'' or even ''Are you death?'' Ha ha. But then, i was like ''who cares, i am me, and if they don't like me they can fuck off, no need to complain''. Everyone is beautiful on their own way! Being pale is actually a great thing, it has something that makes you special from the others. Because the most peopel at my school are tanned. And i'm white, sometimes i hate it, but i'm happy for what i've got.

• I was unaware that being pale was considered unattractive.

• Actually pale skin is very in. Just look at a lot of fashion magazines. Also guys are really into it

• i like pale skin. I think its cute :]

• are you crazy? lol

• no it's not

• Don't be.. Be confident enough to show up and properly carry yourself.. Maybe most of your friends are tanned skin that's why you feel so different with them but don't be. You have your own unique ways of lifestyle.

• Atleast You arnt Pale White With Blue Eyes And Yellow/Gold Hair. I could blind somebody with the color of my hair. and its just natural. but I'm white too, too me it's kinda embarrassing when your around a lot of tan people.

• it's like my husband says, people like what is "rare"

so in America there's a lot of "pale" white people up north so they want a more tan person.

In Japan, there's too many tan Asians so most of them want pale white skinned people.