Guys, why can't you pull up your pants?

Some guys just never pull up their pants, and I'd like to know why. I, for one, think it's disgusting and immature. I do not want to see that! Why do so many guys let their asses hang out?

Wow! Guys I'm not trying to bash all of you, and I'm not being hypocritical either. I didn't mean anything offensive by my question, I'm just genuinely curious.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a style from prison. Baggy pants allow you to slip off the pants and have anal sex without having to fumble with buttons and zippers. Guys who like receptive anal sex brought the style out of prison to the streets. People who didn't understand the style and thought it meant the wearer was badass. Not bad ass, just ass.

And yes, I worked in a prison where this was the signal for anal receptive.

• If anyone believes this they should be slapped.. baggy pants also all allow for quick vaginal sex. Doesn't mean people wear baggy pants because of their sexual behavior. It is really crazy that everyone is over reaching on this topic so much. The people over reaching in this thread like this guy, are legit insanely ignorant.

• Silly boy, I taught statistics. I also recognize that you don't regard direct observation and DOC training materials as valid references. That's fine, I don't need to convince you. You continue to dress any way you like and I will continue to sn***** that you don't know any better than that.

• hahaha I just laughed becuase it was funny you know anal receptive people people that like to get f***ed funny because all the other persons out there that use baggy pants like it in the ass meaning the guy that posted the comment might of be mocking the persons that take it seriously meaning that you take pride on dressing in a certain way? I don't know..? oh I don't know if its true but isn't it possible that a designer might of been inspired by seeing the style somewhere else who knows!?

What Guys Said 43

• Because they're immature tools. I hate these guys as well, but I only see teenagers do it.

• How does it make them immature tools? It's a style. No one is on here calling people who wear sweater vests homosexuals-- and if they did, people would immediately call them ignorant. So to assume that you're not a complete d-bag for wearing polos, while other people are immature tools for their style of clothing-- it just shows your ignorance.

• Oh and let me guess.. you alone decide what is and isn't art... what's good poetry and what's bad.. what looks good and what doesn't. People make their own choices. And opinions differ. As soon as you accept that you're not the center of the universe, you'll realize that.

• I don't like the entire hip-hop look, but I don't judge people who wear it. Underwear is supposed to be UNDERwear.

I've never met anyone at the age of 18+ dropping their pants. I call them like I see them.

• it's a culture thing. look at some of the most famous people out there today

they all sag. women in the 80's wore shoulder pads to communicate succes in the business place, mainstream picked it up, and before you knew it a lot of women wore shoulder pads.

it's not an all encompassing pattern though. it's the people you CHOOSE to either notice or hang out with.

so I'd say this:

1) don't judge. let people do what they want. if it looks stupid to you, recognize a lot that you do is stupid to a lot of other people but they don't go out generalizing. they just leave you be

2) start hanging out in places or with people that don't do that. Me and ALL my friends don't sag at all. but I know I'd never hang out with you since you can't respect other ppl's choices.

3) I'd agree, sagging looks bad, but it really only hurts their chances of future success. they'll realize as they get older that a "clean" look is vital to stability so let them find out for themselves

sorry to beak it to you tho, whether people sag or not is NONE of your business. Quit checking out their asses...sometimes I think they want you to do that, so the essentially win when you make it a part of your day. Just sayin

• I agree with you on everything except 3, that's a stereotype that needs to go, just because people dress like that doesn't mean they are irresponsible or immature, a lot of them (including me) are very responsible and hard working. Although I realize I'm only 18 and right now I feel like I'll never change I might in the future, but right now I believe I will never change and my appearance alone shouldn't dictate how responsible I am, or the kind of person I am.

• true, that is a stereotype.

but people WILL make that stereotype of you. that's out of your control and unfortunately those with the money people want are usually the highly conservative type. I look at people that sag all the time and are rich and initially think "oh yea, those guys are the exception" but if you look closely, it's not.

Take Rob Dyrdek. Guy seems like he's a total slacker, but he was responsible for bringing an image to the entire skateboard nation with DC. Similar with weezy, kanye, etc

• Yeah, that's why my aspirations are centered in careers that would accept the way I choose to look. Video game design, Professional body piercer, Professional Tattoo artist, and being in a Band.

I wish people could stop with the stereotypes but sadly that will never happen. The only thing I can do is prove to the people I meet that the stereotype does not apply to me, and over time with enough people it may change. One can hope

• Because they think girls find it sexy/attractive. They think they have a nice ass and so that's their way of showing it off.

I've seen a couple of pictures where male models are shirtless and wearing their shorts RIDICULOUSLY low, I reckon to show off as much of their abs as f***ing possible. Like I swear, the only reason they don't pull it down even further, is because the top part of their penis would then be showing. It's obvious those guys shave their entire crotch. I wish I had the picture to show you people, but all I remember is that it was a picture with a bunch of guys from Hollister.

• I'm not sure how it'd show off their ass since it combined with a shirt, it just makes their entire backside look flat. :/

• Hmm yeah, I don't pay attention to fashion at all, I wear what I think looks good and not what the media thinks looks good.

• @BurningSilence: In a few years you're gonna realize you're the one acting like a 12-year-old here. I'm not judging anyone's personality here. Not gonna bother saying much more since I'm not exactly sure you'll understand what I have to say. :/

• Ok are you talking about gangster f***ing saggy jeans with the waist line a foot under the ass cheeks? or the more "skater" skinny jeans maybe 4-5 inches below the waist line? I wear my pants a few inches below the waist line because its more comfortable to me and I couldn't give a f*** less what you think of me based on my appearance, if you discard me because of how I look then you've missed out on knowing a genuinely good person. When I pull my pants up to where they are "supposed to be" I feel like my grandparents, and yeah I love my grandparents but I prefer not to wear my pants around my belly button, it just feels uncomfortable.

I honestly don't see what the big deal is, some people wear their pants saggy others dont, why do you care? You don't have to look, your the one choosing to look at guys saggy pants, I don't like how some girls dress, but you don't see me complaining, I see them and think to myself whatever, not my taste but good for her, and look the other way.

The immature thing here is you judging people based on appearance instead of who they are as a person, just because somebody dresses they way your describing doesn't mean they aren't responsible people, although this may be the stereotype its not always true as I'm sure you know not all stereotypes are.

• Hahaha we're not judging you, or trying to look at that mess you got going on. It's just there and it's funny. Us girls are just wondering when you're gonna stop wearing pants to show off your panties :)

• Do you enjoy everyone looking at your panties?

• You can't see my pants sagging because my shirt covers it. Its not visible...its a comfort thing

• I wear my pants like an inch below the waistband of my boxers because it's easier on my skin. Also that's just kinda where they settle.

• Because they're f***ing retarded.

• Some girls just never wear clothes that cover their body at all. Why can't you ever wear a FULL outfit that COVERS your legs, and chest and stomach? Its disgusting and immature. I do not want to see that! Why do so many girls let their breasts hang out? ...See how you sound?

• hahaha...cool. so leaving your ass out is your way of being slutty...good to know.

• ^^ignorant much?

• I bet if new fashion for men became kilts and shaved legs and underarms...women would b*tch then too asking why we were doing it. lol! Well hon...why do You DO IT? Its called Freedom of Expression...and SOME guys like to dress HOWEVER they want to dress, and not be criticized. You wouldn't like being called a whore if you wore a skirt. You wouldn't like being talked down to for WHATEVER your clothing tastes were. You don't like it, fine, don't date those guys. Date me. I'm not a 15 year old bagger.

• Because hot, immature girls find it sexy... A lot of them like the "thug look" for some odd reason, they think it's cool because (sadly) it's so played up in the media/popular entertainment nowadays. It looks stupid...

• pants on the ground pants on the ground looking look a fool with your pants on the ground

• I just think its funny when they try to run with there pants like that lol

• Think of it this way everybody. To me sagging my pants a little bit is more comfortable. If you don't agree, then sag your pants a little bit and walk around. How uncomfortable do you feel? That same lack of comfort is what I feel when my pants are up where they "should be".

P.S. Stop judging people. if you don't like the look don't talk to that person, don't look at that person, walk the other way? Hang out with someone else? Why are you so concerned about it when you don't have any reason to need to talk to that person? That's what I don't understand

• Someone call the waaaambulance. You go on about people judging, yet here you are calling others ignorant and immature because they don't see eye to eye with how you choose to dress. Because THAT isn't judgmental Or ignorant. Or naive. Calm down dude. You're getting a bit too upset over this. If you like how you dress and you get it, then what does it matter if others don't care? Insecure much?

• ^annoying much? Are you gonna call everyone who thinks calling someone immature based on their clothing is stupid, insecure? Because it's not very rational.

• Im not trying to get people to see it my way, I was trying to get people to understand that just because they don't see how it could be comfortable doesn't mean that someone else can think it is comfortable. Its simply a matter of opinion. And yeah I don't care what people think of me, sorry if I gave you the impression that I do, and that I got too worked up over this.

• I'm 26 and black. I love sagging my pants its very comfortable.

Plus we don't have purses. You have no idea how anoying it is to have your pants up with your wallet in your back pocket when you try to sit down.

No not all of us are secretly gay. Seriously more gay guys have their pants pulled up in their ass crack(even in prison)

I sag halfway cross my ass at a diagonal angle(like john waynes holster)

Plus I don't ever have to risk zipping up the wang(see something about mary)

Plus my butt is big and it feels weird with my pants up

My d*** and nuts need more room.(especially in the skinnies jeez)

But my shirt always cover my boxers though you can tell I sag

sagging your pants helps add the swagg to your walk. Jk but seriously most saggers don't give a f-zz that's why we sagg. Plus its easy access for the haters to kiss my ass.

Ps to the CO. Admit majority of homosexuals in prison are correction officers. And you're lieing to support some kind of agenda (cops are squares)

They always was the nerds and lames in school. Cool guys show their asses off (figuratively) that's another reason we sag. Kiss it bitches

• your f***en dummb other guys don't have problems wearing there pants at an appropriate leve , they have balls and a d*** just like you and a wallet so maybe you just want to look cool well guess what you look like trash because you have to let everything sagg goodluck finding a job and making a career out of t because walking with swag is not one , suck my non d*** bitchh

• Hey, macimichael, you should judge people by the way they talk or dress, I know plenty of people that are intelligent who wear their pants even lower than that, and all of them have good paying jobs.

• It's because they are immature idiots. It aggravates me greatly as well.

• why do girls wear low riding jeans that don't cover their thongs?

• yeah exactly. how can you criticize guys for doing this when all girls wear those slutty ass-hugging jeans?

• the way you stated the question makes you sound like a hypocritical jackass, qa. how would you feel if I went and made a question saying "i hate girls who wear those jeans that don't fully cover your underwear". then I get a bunch of hate comments from girls who do...like I said, its a hypocritical question, and you know it...

opinions are like a**holes, everyones got one, but its not meant to be heard sometimes...

• They think it looks cool.

• and who are you to say it doesn't look cool? My taste in music is metal, you probably hate it and think its noise, but its my opinion, you can't tell me I'm wrong to like something you dont. So if *I* THINK this looks cool, who are you to tell me I'm wrong?

Btw, your icon is of a skater, I guarantee you there is sagging going on in your profile icon.

Good day sir

• I didn't say it doesn't look cool. This was my default icon. You should think before you speak.

• Umm followers not leaders ?

• I'm pretty sure it has absolutely nothing to do with that. Just a guess though.

• You can't reasonably generalize someone as a follower cause they wear the same type of clothes as other people. Clear enough? For examples, just think about any great leader, and ask yourself if he designed all his outfits.

• @not just another guy

thats not what I'm saying I said people sag because they are following other individuals

• Because they think it makes them a "thug"...

Seriously its retarded because the people who wear their pants like that the most are the ones who go around bashing gays. So it makes you not gay by having your ass hangout in front of a bunch of dudes all day?

• well, I wear baggy pants, but I don't really sag. I've found a line in the middle.. under my hips and over like 90% of my ass. I get pissed off when I constantly have to keep pulling my pants up. my shirt - hoodie -whatever, covers the top of my jeans anyway, so what's the diff?

• Just a bunch of idiots that need an ass kicking

• And who is gonna kick their ass? The Muffinman? Seriously?

• You stated an opinion. I asked a question. When you generalize what we said to that level of vagueness how could anyone possibly be the aggressor. You called people idiots, and suggested they be physically hurt. I'm pretty sure that makes you the aggressor. Clearly you're too loony to realize that. Seems like you just wanted everyone to know you were wearing your big boy pants today, but clearly forgot to take off your dunce hat.

• Yes because I posted this thinking "How can I p*ss off NotJustAnotherGuy?" Maybe if you weren't so damn self righteous you would understand. But then again I really don't care what you think and you shouldn't care what I think either. We're 2 dudes that will never meet each other so why should we give a damn? Stop acting like you're the thought police. Next time hit "thumbs down" on a comment and move on just like everyone else who isn't a tool does :)

• cuz I like to feel the breeze between my kneess! so das was up

• Why can't you pull your pants down?

• Pants are too loose, don't have a belt, or just don't care.

• I completely agree with it. It's shameful when other guys have to show off their boxers. We don't need to see that, thank you.

• it's like some girls love to show their cleavage to any strangers.

• What? I thought the saggy wide leg jeans fad peaked at the turn of the millennium and has died out.

• Never had my pants that ghetto low.

Around my waist is usually the norm...

• I pull them up or I have them up, I feel like they're going to drop otherwise, and it's a lot easier to get dekegged. lol

• cause cool kids were their paints hanging OK!

• why can't girls stop acting like dumb sluts ?

a stupid generalized question will get an equal reciprocation

• lol you're cute. you remind me of my mum.

• More from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 27

• Lol I laughed when I saw this question because it's so true with quite a few guys out there XD Whenever I see a guy with his ass hanging out I'm immediately turned off no matter how good looking he might be. It just looks scruffy and untidy.

Great question by the way :D

• I don't know, I think it's silly too, and I'm glad my guy doesn't do that, lol.

Even sillier though is when guys BELT their pants... below their ass. Like why? What is the f.ucking point of that? Hahah. And then they waddle because the crotch of their jeans is down to their knees. Hmm, simple solution. =P

• Great question and for the guys that chose to address the "slutty" look girls seem to have by not wearing enough, I assure you most of the girls I know, don't dress that way. And for guys, every time I see your crack or the middle of your butt covered in boxers, I want to either go over and pull the pants up and tell 'em to put on a belt or just pants them, 'cause it's not that hard to do. It's not attractive at all.

Some girls, with their boobs hanging out, actually have a hard time sometimes if they're really big...yes there are shirts they can wear, but not the "attractive" ones. It's usually t-shirts and sweatshirts that cover up a girl's chest.

Thongs that hang out aren't something the world needs to see, just maybe the boyfriend.

Please remember, that on the behalf of AMOS3709, this is a generic question, not an all guys question...if you don't, then there ya go. It's a question a lot of us girls wondering though...

• there you go...a perfect answer.

• Okay. And for our pants to look right, to look stylish, with the perfect amount of looseness, sometimes they have to rest a little lower. I don't see how that's much different than your excuse that big breasts means you have to wear tight t shirts. When it comes down to it, it's not about sluttiness or immaturity (as the QA claims). It's a style. And a LOT of people like it. Just a lot of people like tight cotton t-shirts or V necks. You can't call someone immature due to their clothing.

• Why was this question taken so much to heart?

• Beyond amazing question.

I'd love to know myself. <3

It doesn't look very comfy at all..

I'm really curious as to how some guys can walk when they're pants are uber low.

• It's just the way some dudes wear their clothes. It doesn't make them disgusting & immature because I'm pretty sure that most of them wouldn't actually go into a job interview like that. I don't really like it either but I'm not going to attack their personality. Does dressing modestly make you a prude?

• Yeah the OP is very ignorant. If she doesn't like sagging, then good for her. Why does she need to ask a question about it? Clearly to try & insult people who do.

• Guys, please, don't ever pull up your pants!

• Because they are secretly gay and what to advertise that they are open of business, and so that it's easily accessed. and guys if you have a nice butt, wear jeans that fit, that's so sexy.

• Hahahaha! Much agreed!

• Yeah that's definitely what it is. Secretly gay. Do some of you ever read your comments? They're ridiculously condescending. You're commenting on people's personalities based on their style of clothing. You're overreaching. And it's outrageous that you don't even realize the insanity of your logic. You can't say someone is gay, or immature because they prefer looser clothing.

• No, I don't really think that! I just thought it was funny.

• 0|2
  • 5 STARS FOR AN AWESOME QUESTION! :D

I have that same issue. Why don't they wear there pants on there waist. Or guys who wear skinny jeans that don't fit them and it's around there knees. It look like they're about to trip.

• pants hanging off the ass is actually something that originated from prison. Prison mates would pull their pants down low to let other prisoners know they were "sexually available".

• I like that someone rated this down when this is truly where it originated from

• Lol I even see guys with skinny jeans sagging

• I hate all the men on here saying "well why don't girls cover up more?" Because, those girls are sluts. And there are a lot more guys wearing their pants like this than girls dressing like skanks :P

• I think it's hilarious how many guys responded with that. Wtf does that have to do with the price of tea in china? Why so defensive?

• Oh no! Quick, call the opinion police! Oh wait...

• I think some guys here are getting far too defensive. If you know that you wear clothes the way you do is for x reason, then why so much butthurt? The only immaturity I see here is lack of comprehension that she's entitled to her opinion. If you don't agree, fine. But flinging a reply of "WELL WHY DO WOMEN DRESS LIKE SLUTS?" is just a 5th grade mentality. I get the defensiveness, but the response is just as immature as you claim her question to be.

• I don't think it's such a big deal if guys wear their pants like that because maybe they are just wearing loose pants because they are comfortable and I think people are complaining about it too much and they don't complain about us girls wearing tops that don't cover up very much or if we wear dresses or skirts that don't cover up very much not that everybody should complain about that either

• I know right. construction worker ass crack is the worst.

• I work in construction...I go to work without sagging my pants...its for safety, outside of work I dress "normal" to me, and sag my pants

• well then the massive ass crack I saw the other day wasn't yours. good for you.

• I thought it was worse in the 90's

• Because its "fashion". If they knew the real meaning of it, and how it comes from prison, I think most of them would pull their pants up.

• Good question, whenever I see sagging pants I just want to pull the guys pants up so bad, I can't stand it, lol.

• Wow come on now...you have to admit...SOME guys look cute like that.

Some...

• lol you're right, it does fit with some people, just not everyone

• they like the breeze?

• Well the bright side is that it IS better for them. Better than tight jeans. I wouldn't be surprised if we had an infertility rise in a decade or so, just from all the skinny jean use. :p

• Lol at least you haven't seen a guy sagging without a shirt on-not hot

• i can't love your question more than I certainly doin' ! :D

• I don't know who told them its hot but its seriously sick

• link

Wannabes perhaps?

Seriously, psychologically it's the same as girls liking to show too much of certain things ;)

• Because they want to be like everybody else and think it looks cool...I doubt they would be walking around with their pants on the ground if nobody else was doing it..

• It looks sexy on some guys.

• I am not even going to comment because discussion like this make me upset. How does the type of clothes a person wear make them a slut? this is just ridiculous...i mean seriously. I have seen virgins wearing short shorts...WTF does clothing have anythign to do with your sexual behavior. I hate judgmental haters!Ugh

• Thank you so much. Your one of the few sane people who have commented on this post.

Judgmental a**holes.

• agreed completely