Are you rude to attractive people?

People are always going on about how pretty I am and I always get nice compliments from co-workers, friends, relatives, but when it comes to strangers...9 times out of 10 I find them incredibly rude to me...and more so than others.

For example, I work in retail and I have had so many female customers be so rude to me without any instigation and then turn around and be incredibly friendly to another female co-worker who is very overweight. ect.

I just have noticed this to be a running theme in my life and it's really annoying.

I'm assuming it's because people are intimidated or they automatically assume I'm a bitch just because I look nice.

Do you find yourself doing this or getting treated like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• No. I don't agree with judging someone from their appearance - but it is instinct and represented in most society's, because people seem to have a different appearance or behavior that is commonly judged as the 'social norm' within society (otherwise referred as culture).

The 'social norm' is just a deemed expectation of people's appearances or behaviors etc, because the majority of people in that society follow that expectation.

When people don't behave within the boundaries of that exception, they are judged for it; usually criticized in a negative way.

Now the situation your explaining appears to be either personal assumption of character from physical appearance - through association (being that maybe the female that was so rude to you has associated negative feelings for someone who dresses or holds the same features or general presence as you do), and therefore gave a negative vibe and behavior in response to that association.

Or just plain jealousy lol.

Didn't know being so attractive came at a price.

That makes me appreciate my un-attractiveness lol.

Actually, not really. But hopefully this is close to truth. Hopefully this doesn't happen to you often - You don't seem like a un-appealing character. :)

• For example, the second male 'anonymous user' gives a good example that justify's a reasonable association the female (or many females) have made with girls of your appearance - or just physical attractiveness.

• Well thank you miss :) means a lot. But I'm not sure that my pictures represent me in the most accurate fashion lol. But I do appreciate the compliment :P ... If only I had the chance to return it lol.

• Thank you very much for best answer :) (and the compliment)

What Guys Said 5

• From a guy point of view when guys feel threatened by other guys it's because they see them as competition. So they will act like d***s to each other.

This has happened so many times to me in high school.

• No I don't treat people differently if they are attractive or not.

• I'm gonna need proof you are attractive. You know, for scientific analysis.

• sometimes when I am jealous of them

• I know I am. Unless I know them or they show they are a decent down to earth person I won't give them the time of day. most "hot" woman are lazy, full of themselves and complain over the simplest task. The most stressful choice they make each day is what to wear or what one of the dozens of men who hit on them each day they are going to sleep with. Sorry but I don't need to stress myself with a 20 year old who still acts like a 5 year old/terrible 2 princess.

• And that is exactly what I've thought. FYI... I work 25 hrs a week and go to university full time for 18hrs. I have a 3.7gpa and I haven't been on a date in a year because I work too much/focus on school. Lose the stereotypes.

• Like I said "Unless I know them or they show they are a decent" then yes I will treat them like I feel. They don't need to be treated special because of their looks. I work hard enough and have a great life until one of those dumb club bimbos walks into the room. same thing with people born into rich families. you can just tell who they are the moment they open there mouth. Spoiled,dumb and a waste of space.

What Girls Said 6

• I'm not but sometimes pretty people do intimidate me but I won't be rude to anyone based on appearance. I used to work with and go to school with females that were rude to me because they thought I was pretty and stuck up. I don't even see myself as someone THAT pretty to be shook over but whatever its just bitches insecurities. they see you as the enemy because they feel like you already have it so good in life being cute so they wanna rain on your parade

• I get complimented like you but strangers also say how pretty I am. No one is rude to me, at times I get nasty looks from girls with their boyfriends tho and I don't get it. They're pretty too and most of the time the guys are focused on them, not me.

• I feel the same way. It can really do a number on your self esteem. You think, maybe there is something wrong with me. When you see women automatically treating other people nicely and not you. It's like they're going the extra mile to make you feel bad about yourself.

I've also noticed that I mostly get hit on by cocky men and/or freaks. The other ones just stare or smile but rarely get to the point. I also find that sometimes unattractive men are overtly rude to me. I think they assume I'm a bitch. I feel like many people put up a wall of assumptions and think they need to bring me down a peg before I even say a word.

• I treat hot girls rudely if I feel that they deserve it. But only if I have proof that they are complete bitches. I wouldn't be rude to someone I didn't know well.

• maybe jealousy...? if you are attractive that is

• Females were always nice to me until...