How many of us have stretch marks somewhere on our body?

I have some around my hips from growing fast when I was younger. I think everybody has some, even models but it seems like lots of people are insecure about something I think is normal. So how many of us have stretch marks and if you feel like giving info feel free to say where and from what?

• I have stretch marks
  • I do not have stretch marks
Guys are answering but not voting for some reason lol. Maybe girls are doing the same though. Girls that answered did you also vote?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have stretch marks on my inner thighs, it's like. The most annoying thing. I also have them a little on my butt (ugh) and some on my legs. Since I do track I have to wear these really short shorts and people ask me how I got them. I honestly have no idea how I got them, and it's really strange. I'm like, 14. I've had them since I was 12 and I was never fat or last any significant weight like that. I think they're from running so much? Probably. I really don't know, but they are starting to fade a little. People look at them, and I just pretend they're not there. Lots of other people I know have them on their arms and shoulders and all the way down their legs. So... yeah. I don't really try that hard to cover them. They're normal. I've never seen a guy with stretch marks around here, though. They often have it on their arms from lifting weights so much. That's what I've heard. Anyways, stretch marks are nothing to be ashamed of, I feel.

What Girls Said 121

• Boobs, hips and stomach. But they have mostly faded. I got them when I first started developing a loooong time ago :P I am 22 now, and you can still kind of notice them, but they have faded quite a bit. I'm not insecure about them, they are a fact of life and growth. If someone won't date me or thinks I'm disgusting because I have them, well that is their choice. I don't let it stop me.

I know for girls it can be a big thing. But really, it's not that bad. They do fade after time, maybe not completely but don't let it stop you from wearing something or doing what you want to do. Immature people are the one's who make fun of something like that. Because realistically, most people do have some!

• first off yes I voted. and I actually don't have stretch marks at this point in time. I never had huge growth spurts or major weight loss or gain, nor have I had a child and genetics are on my side because neither of my parents have them. not to say I don't have imperfections because I do and not to say I won't get stretch marks at some time but for the time being I'm blessed to be without them. for anyone who has stretch marks and reads this comment there are laser treatments available if it is something you really can't stand. I honestly don't think they are unsightly or even unattractive and I think you should love the way you look whether you have stretch marks or not!

• boobs, butt, inner thighs, and side of tummy

BEAT THAT!

i think I grew too fast too because I've always been chubbyish...i was in elementary/middle so I don't remember much :(

i don't like it on me but I don't mind others having it.

• its obvious all the girls voted since there's 9 comments and there are more than 9 votes lol

• My butt grew really fast during my first season in track... for that reason, I have stretch marks on my butt, despite being only 105 lbs haha. Which goes to show that ANYONE can have stretch marks, no matter how skinny you are. It's not a cause for insecurity.

• I have stretchmarks pretty much everywhere, but they're all old. They've faded to white now, and I'm really pale so they're not super visible unless you're up super close to them. And of course I notice, since I see them every day. =P

• I think everyone does or will at some point in their lives. The models usually get them covered up/air brushed. People are mislead about stretch marks, they don't always mean that you're overweight. Stretch marks occur when your skin either expands or contracts (becomes smaller) in a small amount of time. So if you loose 10 pounds for a week for a few months, chances are you'll have some sort of stretch marks.

• I have stretch marks on my butt that'll go all the way down to my calfs slowly reducing and matching more with my skin color. But I find it super embatasding come summer when I'm in my bathing suit,but I attribute it to fast height growth because I'm not big. I'm actually pretty slender :/ and I did vote too :)

• I have stretch marks on my thighs because I am a CURVY WOMAN!

I used to be self-conscious about them, but then I learned that so many people have them too! And I figure if there's nothing I can do to get rid of them I might as well accept them! Can't waste your time fretting over things you can't fix. I also used to have them on my butt, but they faded years ago and are hardly noticeable now. So that gives me confidence that the ones on my thighs will fade as well.

• i don't have them. at least I don't think I have them. if I do they aren't very obvious lol and yea I did vote :)

• Boobs, arms, lower back, hips, inner thighs, and booty.

I despise them, you have no idea.

When I was 10 I had a neurological disorder and my hormones went crazy and I also grew way too quickly. Plus I was wheel chair bound for over a year so I gained some weight. Once I could walk again I lost the weight though, but after going through hell and back my reward were ugly white scars all over me :P

• Yes... they're everywhere. My boobs, thighs, hips, stomach, arms, shoulders, armpits, calves. I'm probably 70% covered with stretch marks. Maybe a little less than that. At first I was really upset about it but I'm starting to not care as much. When I show someone they usually are shocked. :l

• I have stretch marks by my bum which I presume that I got from growing up because I don't have kids and I haven't lost or gained any significant amount of weigh. They used to bother me a lot because I would think to myself how guys would probably be turned off by it. But what helped me to be at peace with it was what the comedian Katt Williams said in this video. link Nowadays I'm okay with it and just call them "tiger stripes" because they are grrreat!

• I have them on my bum and a little on my thighs.I have always been slim,but puberty is such an annoyance.When I was a kid I was stick thin,then I ended up gaining some hips and a bum. I have some very lightly on my boobs,but you can't really tell. I use to HATE them,but the older I become I realize that it's pretty damn normal so why beat myself up about it.Im alive and healthy so that's what important. I don't really wear bikinis though because of it...thats the downside and I'm on the darker side so they are more noticable.I will just wear some swimming trunks then. :)

• Yeah same here, I don't think there's anything wrong or abnormal about a person having stretch marks; it's just a part of life really. Mine are mostly from when I went through puberty since I developed pretty fast, except I'm so pale that they're pretty hard to see. But they're definitely there (inner thighs, bust, and a little bit on the sides of my hips) and that fact doesn't bother me one bit.

• Shoulders, boobs, hips, all around the tops of my legs, my lower back and worst of all, horrific ones down my stomach... I struggle with my weight. I used to be a lot bigger than I am when I was a child, but I've put on a bit of Christmas weight haha... I've never got rid of them though.

• I have stretch marks on my thighs and I have NO idea where they came from. They're disgusting and so embarrassing; they make me feel fat and ugly. And that's why I'm insecure about them. They're one of the reasons I hate my thighs and hate wearing a bikini.

• i have them on inner thigh and alittle on my hips, and the only problem I know is that the ones on my inner thigh chaff sometimes.

• I have some on the inside of my arms (just above the elbow) and on the inside of my knees from growing really fast. They don't bother me.

• Stretch are just beauty marks on everyone's body.

I have 2 very small ones right above my belly button and on my side from being prego. I also have a very small patch on back of my left knee and just found a small patch on left under-pit. haha. Its for gaining weight and losing the weight from being prego. I love them and not a shamed of them. I also have the on my breast (like every women). I'm sure I have more just have not found them all. hehe

Everyone gets them at some point in there lives. From weight gain and loss to aging to just plain body changing. I would like to think that 99% of people don't really care or see others.

• I have some pretty bad ones on the front of my hips/lower stomach from my hips growing too fast during puberty. I'm self-conscious about them but at the same time, I like them. It looks like I got clawed by a tiger or something epic. :p

• I don't think they are that bad, most of the time I don't even notice them. I didn't know that guys got them until I was in high school, and my friend took his shirt off in front of me and I saw some on his back and I was like, "you have scratches on your back!" and he was like no, those are stretch marks. Lol they are really not that bad. Boobs and lower stomach are where I have them but they are hardly noticeable. Even in bathing suits people are like " you're so lucky you don't have stretch marks!" but it's just that they are not that noticeable.

• I do and because of it I don't like bikni bottoms

• I understand but looking at the poll results so far 83% of all guys and girls have stretch marks. It seems like the people without stretch marks should feel odd but for some reason it's the other way around. I'm amazed this question is still getting answers after two months but that's a good thing.

• Ya this was in the popular section

• Hips & thighs, but the ones on my hips have faded significantly over the past couple of years.

I developed pretty early, not to mention at one point I had a growth spurt (I grew to 5'0 fast lmao) and then now I'm stuck at 5'2/5'3. Also, when I was younger, I was super uber thin naturally then I began having stomach problems and they had to put me on medication (steroids) and I gained weight, so that may have contributed to the stretch marks.

I'm OK with them though since they've faded (miraculously) over the past couple of years. They're glossy flesh color(although noticeable if looked at closely) and are whatever.

I have no cellulite but stretch marks and cellulite are normal. It's not a weight thing or a height thing necessarily, it's a human thing. I see the thinnest chicks with cellulite and stretch marks.

• I have them.

On the side of my belly.

I used to have them on the back of my knee's running up to the top of my legs but they have completely faded and you can't see them at all.

And the ones on the side of my belly, well they're white. Not gunna lie, if somebody doesn't like me because of a few marks on my body then they're clearly a douche and not worth my time anyways.

My boyfriend has stretch marks on his upper arms and on his stomach. It makes me love him no less.

• oh god I have stretch marks on my butt, and on both sides of my hips, its from my growth spurt ha ha I hate them but not as much because lot of girls have them as well.

• I don't have any actually... but yeah, they are totally normal and shouldn't be as big of a deal as people make them out to be.

• I'm pretty sure almost EVERYONE has them haha. No one should be insecure about them...they're natural.

I'm little bitty and I work out and stuff...but I still have a few on the sides of my booty as a result of the period of time when I actually got a butt. It's whatever.(:

• on my thighs and bottom

• Yeah, under the boobs and a couple on my stomach :/

They're all pretty discrete though.

• i have a few on my bum, I'm only 16, so I don't even know what they are from! D: but I won't let it bring my confidence down, everyone's different right? :)

• More from Girls
    91

What Guys Said 33

• I have stretch marks all around my mouth from stuffing big wads of food in it for the past 56 years. Do I care?

• I've got some, three little lines, and I have no f***ing idea how they got there. They're almost totally invisible, though. I think it's because all my weight loss has been very gradual...

Uh, funnily enough though, I've never met someone from my country with stretch marks. I hadn't even heard of them until I came to this site. And, I was with a girl from a different country, for the first time, who I met on this site, ahaha. And, she had stretch marks. And like, her country neighbours mine, directly, it's right beside it, a matter of a hundred miles, and it's normal there, and abnormal here. Like, what the f*** happened there? We were the same country until about 100 years ago, too, so we're the same goddamn breed. I don't get that one at all.

• Pretty much everyone, I think.

I have a few faint ones on my hips from a growth spurt (although I used to think they were caused by my undercrackers being too tight XD).

Even have some small ones on my hand from when I dislocated my thumb (it got bent right back and stretched the skin a bit).

• A lot on my arms and shoulder, quite a bit on my stomach and thighs.

• I'm a guy and really not that self conscious about stretch marks, I think it is more a womans problem when they get fatter by eating to much or a pregnancy.

• I don't have any at all. I gained a lot of weight (muscle) over the past 8 months and I still don't have any.

I guess I just have good genetics? My dad used to weight train for sports, he was fairly large and he doesn't have any either (thanks parents for the good DNA).

• I have a few from a major growth spurt as a kid. There are some on my back. Also on the inside of my upper thighs. I have one huge one that looks like a knife wound next to my junk. I think it looks cool.

Never thought twice about em on a girl. I don't mind at all.

• I used to have stretch marks when I was having my growth spurts; they were on my hips. But they've pretty much gone away. Except when I get a full body tan, they become slightly visible again.

• I don't have any but I think most people do

• i dont...

• I have both stretch marks and shrink marks. I have them around my arms where I have been building muscle and around my midsection where I have lost a lot of weight.

• I don't know if I do or not. I rarely look at myself in the mirror short of getting ready in the morning for work (takes less than 10 minutes). I'll ask someone special to look me over when I see her to determine if I indeed have stretch marks or not.

I have a crap load of scars though. I was an active kid plus I mark easily.

I do find stretchmarks a bit sexy. It is a natural process and curvy women have them. :)

• I have them literally everywhere from weight lifting. I'm proud of them and do not feel one bit insecure about them.

• I have some on my lower back from growing fast :)

• "I think everybody has some"

I have zero, so there goes your theory.

• I have tears in the arm-chest area from working out, also in the upper thighs. I actually thinks it looks pretty cool as it has a special "design", I wouldn't remove it if I could. I know a lot of people feel very bad about their stretch marks though...

• I have on my lower back , but I never really cared about them .

• not i

• I've got a few. Around the shoulders, chest, and few small ones on my upper thigh :P. Definitely not something I go and show off, but no reason to be ashamed if them either.

• on my shoulders

• I don't have any of them.. hell I even had no idea what is "a stretch mark" before reading this question.

• I have a little on my thighs and waist. haha

• ya I got it on my d***

• I'm a boy and I have stretch marks between my legs because I have big thighs and a big butt

• I have them on my stimach and muscles

• they're all over my fat ass...

jk I'm like 135

• I have some on my hips, I think they came from wearing skinny jeans or something lol.

• I have strech marks on my arms and legs from working out

but I look at em in a good way that proves I'm working out hard (like battle scars lol)

• No, I have no stretch marks that I've ever noticed which I'm surprised because I'm tall & grew fast when I was younger. Like a ft in 2yrs. I always tried to stay in shape & worked out thru-out my life so maybe that helped or I got lucky

• arms,hips, back,

• More from Guys
    3