Do I have to shave....Down there?

Hi,

So I know this is a totally weird question, and I'm really embarrassed (hence being anonymous) but I just have to ask...

Is it okay if I don't shave you know where? I trim, and wash regularly...But I'm not sleeping with a guy or something, so I don't see any point in it right now...I tried it before and felt really weird and didn't like it at all...

I know most of my girl friends do shave and a lot of guys like it. But let's say I'm with a guy and he sees that I don't shave, will he not be attracted anymore?

Is it like brushing your teeth or something? Like I have to shave down there or it's okay If I don't..?

Ugh...Sorry for the award question, but I gotta know!

Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• well tis def up to the girl..every girl is different and guys like different things..i notice that younger,teen guys do prefer shaved girls..but I see it as something that's immature..maybe they think that girls with hair down there are gross or nasty..once you get older..guys don't really care whetehr you shave or not,and if he does,then he's not really boyfriend material...

shaving your pubic area is mostly a western trend..and is considered hot..in other countries [japan,france,etc]..it is much more common for girls to be natural..

i PERSONALLY prefer girls with hair..so I tell my girlfriend not to shave and trust me she is grateful..shaving down there can be time consuming..that area is very gentle..as lnog as you make sure to clean it..there won't be too much smell..so no you don't HAVE to..and I wouldnt..but if its your first time,i say try it..

PROS:

can smell less,and be cleaner,hair traps odor

can be easier to clean,wipe..no hair so skin is smooth and you wipe yourself much easier

you sweat less,and you feel less "humid" down there..

your discharge won't stay trapped in hair,eew

during your period,blood won't stay trapped in hair..again eew lol

its easier to give oral to

when you pee,theres less ofa chance that your vagina will smell of pee,since hair traps odor

CONS:

you have to be careful to shave

you have to maintain it..whether you wax,or shave it

shaving your vagina can be time consuming and a hassle

waxing hurts

you can get ingrown hairs that supposedly itch,iv never had one

any questions lol

What Guys Said 10

• Any man who is repulsed by a woman's pubic hair is a latent homosexual. And as far as cleanliness goes, hair isn't dirty unless you don't shower regularly. Shower everyday and you're fine. Shaving is not more hygienic.

• Some guys like hair, others dont. If you're single, maintain it the way you feel comfortable. When you're with someone, find out what they like and see if you don't mind doing it that way

• not weird. Depends on how furry also. For now, why do the extra work. A guy is not going to run from the room if you have a bit of bush. You can adjust to taste when the time comes(bad choice of yours but you get the idea)

• Don't do anything you're not comfortable with.

For me personally, it is far more preferable- especially when it comes to having my mouth down there :)

But, you don't have to do anything for me or any other guy that makes you uncomfortable.

• Some maintenance is good. You don't have to be totally bare skin though.

• Depends every guy has a preference it seems like most hate the idea of natural. I like trimmed or natural.

• It’s totally okay to not shave your privets. You never know if your guy will like it. Either way lots of men are just happy to get it on with a girl they are going out with!

• Just shave it.

It's much better-looking and most likely you'll feel more comfortable aswell.

• I'm not too certain.

• I love pubic hair! It's sexy

What Girls Said 5

• As long as you are clean, you're just fine. It's your hair, you don't HAVE to shave it if you don't like it. I used to shave everything, but now I keep it partial. Hair is there for a reason but that doesn't mean that you HAVE to keep it, either. Waxing and tweezing can be painful, but you could try that instead.

Shaving is hard to keep up properly. It's almost totally necessary to use a new razor each time. Using an older, dull razor makes it easier to irritate your skin (and it's waaaay sensitive there) and also, this can often result in painful ingrown hairs. I'd say that's more of a turn-off than having hair. If you've ever had razor burn on your legs, I bet you'd be willing to say you don't want it elsewhere, too.

Bottom line, it's your body. So what if your friends shave? And if you find a guy who has an issue with hair, that's his (shallow) issue, not yours. Some guys like some hair, some like none, and some like it all. How a guy feels about you shouldn't be based upon your down-there grooming.

• From my point of view : you don't HAVE to do it.

Keeping it clean and trimmed is alright.

I would find it weird to be completely hairless. Only little girls have none, right ? I'm not a little girl anymore ^^

I'm not expecting the guy to wax down there, and I'd appreciate if he didn't either :)

Now, if for a specific reason you really want to do something about it : never ever ever 'shave'. Wax it, or use a tweezer. I know it hurts like hell (tried it a few times myself), but I would hate to feel a stubble/a soon-to-be beard down there XD

If you keep on shaving, it will get thicker, therefore the 'soon-to-be-beard' part ;)

PS : if all of a sudden, he's not longer attracted to you because you're not shaving down there, you might want to wonder how deeply he cares for you. One-night stands might react that way, but not potential boyfriends !

Good luck :)

• Lol it's fine, I had the same question once. You don't have to shave down there, but some guys prefer it, some don't. It'll eventually just come regular to you, like brushing your teeth.

• I shave mine every once in a while to keep it in check. A lot of guys like a landing strip. Definitely wax. I always wax my bikini line but I'll probably start getting a brazilian for the landing strip.

• you don't have to but it helps with hygiene when it comes to sweating and stuff