Ladies, are you comfortable letting your guy see you without makeup on?

I wear makeup everyday. I wear a lot but of different products but it doesn't look like a lot because I stick to a more natural look. I wash my face morning and night, so obviously I remove all of my makeup at night.

But lately, I've been sleeping over at my boyfriends a lot and I will just wipe off my eye makeup and leave my face makeup and brows done and just slip my glasses on. I don't like doing it though because it's bad for my skin. But I don't want my boyfriend seeing me with ZERO makeup on.

My sister thinks it's too soon for me to be wearing essentially 'no makeup', even though my face and brows are still done, (because my eye makeup defines my look) around my boyfriend so soon.

I was just wondering how other girls handled wearing makeup or not wearing makeup around their boyfriends?

• Yes, I don't care if he sees me au naturale
  • No, I'm uncomfortable with him seeing me plain
  • Not applicable/I don't wear makeup
  • I just want to see results

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm kind of surprised by the female comments and honestly I think most of them aren't being completely honest or the ones who voted B. didn't answer..

I think the majority of women have this problem, I know I do. It's not that I'm insecure about the way I look or fear letting him see me with no make-up will send him running, I wear it because I like too.

I wash my face every morning/night but If I stay over at a boyfriends/he stays here I'll take most of my make-up off but like you keep a little on.

What Guys Said 9

• I like a girl who can be comfortable in her own skin (pun intended). Girls with no make up are also hot, unless of course your skin is hideous, but that's another issue. Make up is great and looks good, but it has its time and place. You would feel weird if you're guy wore a suit and hair gel to bed wouldn't you?

• I had this one girlfriend back in 2000. She looked absolutely gorgeous when I first met her on New Year's Eve with just lipstick on and some glitter. Then when we started dating, she never wore any make-up, and she still looked perfect. I think for some, maybe make-up is just a regular thing, like for guys it would be shaving or whatever. But also, for guys, if we don't shave and we have all this stubble, maybe some of us won't feel as confident in our looks going out. So, I would never put down a girl that didn't want her guy to see her without make-up.

• Nothing is wrong without makeup unless you have something to hide. And if you get so hung up on letting hem see you without makeup, then how much harder will it be letting him see you without clothes? Lighten up. If he doesn't like you the way you are then he doesn't like you enough.

• I love my body and so does he. Liking to wear makeup doesn't equal insecurity.

• Okay. That's good. That's very good. I wanted to be sure.

• Ahh, sleeping at the boyfriends place. I see. Sounds like make-up isn't the only thing you're bounding about devoid of. Scandalous!

• I see my lady interest all the time without makeup on and honestly, she looks great to me. I actually see her so much without makeup that when she does have it, it's like extra stunning.

• Every guy should have a rule: No makeup in bed...don't need that sh*t on me or on my sheets..O:O

• or my face?

• No.

• At first I can understand not wanting him to see you without makeup. Hell it can be quite some time, and sometimes never at all, before we stop trying so hard to impress someone we're dating, so it's understandable that you do the same. But in a good solid lasting relationship, I think one of the big steps is seeing a girl without her make up on, and her being comfortable with that.

• I've mostly dated girls who wore minimal or no makeup. My last girlfriend refused to let me see her without it on. I wish she could have been comfortable enough to let me see her for who she is under the mask.

• they shld try top be natural make up is only a suggested garnishing which can make every food look good

• Honestly, if I found out my girlfriend was so insecure about her looks that she felt the way you do about this issue, I would probably break it off. Looks aren't deal breakers, but insecurity is, because it always manifests itself in other forms as well that put a strain on the relationship eventually.

Any woman who feels the need to put on makeup just to go run a quick errand to the market and back is a woman I could never date.

• I'm not insecure. I know I'm attractive with or without makeup, but makeup really helps.

• I'm only discussing this because I wanted to see how other girls feel about it. A person's "real self" isn't them without any makeup on...

• People talk the talk of "i'd dump my girlfriend over insecurity" but in reality most people are insecure about something and if most people felt this way, there'd be an overwhelming amount of single people.

What Girls Said 43

• My hair is ALWAYS a mess when I wake up - so the way I see it; he's going to see me not at my best anyway - so I might as well let him see it all. Honestly - I know I look better with make-up on, I don't have a very good complexion; but I'd rather he see my slightly dodgy skin, that go to sleep in make-up and risk getting spots and massive pores.

• I hear you with bedhead hair. Oye. -_-

• LOL! Seeing you in the morning would NEVER be a nightmare Dear...<3<3<3=D

• This reminds me of the first time I slept at a guys house, well the first time I slept next to a guy at his house. I kept my makeup on all night and I ended up breaking out horribly and it took a bit to get my skin back to normal. If it was a guy I had been dating for awhile then I probably would be fine taking off the makeup (never had a boyfriend though so I can't say for sure, and I don't wear makeup anymore). I had a guy friend who liked me and I didn't wear makeup around him, had my hair a mess, and it didn't faze him. If he really cares about you and thinks you're beautiful I'm sure he will think the same without makeup because wearing makeup all night is baddd for your skin.

• Of course. I'm not really interested in being with a guy who would have a problem with the way I look without make-up.

• Yes I don't even give it a 2nd thought.

i wear makeup because I like it, not because I think I'm too ugly to go without it. if you have really bad skin then I can see why this would be a concern, but for most people I don't think its that big of a deal? sh*t my skin needs to breathe!

• I mean, I have nice skin but my MakeUp Forever foundation makes it flawless. I love it so much! Lol.

• It's sad but the honest truth is some women feel ugly sometimes even me I've had days where I'm just like "ewww" lol I don't really "see" the beauty that my ex boyfriend see's lol and I think if I REALLY liked a guy I'd put on make up to impress him or so he'd find me beautiful lol ... but if I feel beautiful naturally I won't wear make up

It's all about what you tell yourself when you look in the mirror, if your confident enough with it off your cool with yourself being make up free but if your like EWW your gonna be like "i gotta fix this" LOL but honestly even than you'll still be insecure that's why

"watch what you say to yourself" if you say I'm fat or I'm ugly lol STOP say positive things that way when you look at yourself you'll see your beauty :) and don't let anyone tell you differently

• My last boyfriend saw me without makeup the night we met (he was a friend of a friend's and sleeping over her place). I don't wear much makeup as it is; I prefer a natural look, so not having makeup isn't a huge deal for me. Besides, any guy who's going to judge me because my skin tone isn't perfectly even (about the only reason I wear makeup) is not a man I want to be involved with.

• That's insane...I can't imagine not letting my boyfriend see me without makeup. He likes me better that way (which I find strange, lol).

• Yes. At home, I hate making up. Much make up makes my skin rough. Skin needs fresh air too. I do not care my guy see my natural face. It is the real me, if he doesn't like the real me ,why he say love me? And I advise eating more fruit and drinking more water. It grows your self-confident when you wear no make up~:)

• When I start seeing a guy I don't wear any make-up at ALL what so ever. He needs to fall in love with my plain face before he falls in love with my glamour face.

• We live together, so I don't even really think about it. I only wear makeup like 25% of my 'going out' time, and even less when I'm just hanging out at home. I guess it started when I stayed over one night pretty early on and ended up with my eye makeup [pretty much all I wear] mostly smudged off. He tells me I'm beautiful all the time, with or without makeup, so I never felt uncomfortable not wearing it around him. He does notice and tell me my makeup looks nice when I randomly decide to wear some though, lol.

• I only wear make-up sometimes. And if I do, it's just because of a blemish or something. Usually I don't need it, so I don't bother. That said, I do like to be put together outfit-wise when I know I'm going to be seeing a guy I like or who I'm dating at the time. It may take a bit getting to know him before I let him see me in just anything super informal or in my pjs, unless we're doing something that would require work-out/game clothes.

• The only people I feel comfortable seeing when I'm without makeup is my mom, dad, stepdad, sister and my best friend.

• I'm not really troubled by it =)

I don't use much makeup, mostly

around my eyes. I'm trying to look as

natural as I can while still maintaining

the cute factor =)

Too much makeup isn't cute =)

• If he doesn't like me without makeup then he doesn't like me

• Yeah, but certainly he'll lose some attraction if you look like a 10 with makeup and a 8 without it.

• Sweet_18 <33

• OMG! First, you are ruining your skin. Bad, very bad. Secondly, if you feel this self-conscience now at your age...WHAT IN THE H*LL WILL YOU DO IN YOUR 40s and 50s? And 60s? Put a bag over your head?

I'll bet he absolutely WISHES that you'd wash your face. Really! Take it off, there is no reason not too. DO IT GIRL!

You'll love it!

• I only wear eyeliner and mascara, and for the most part I look exactly the same. I wouldn't mind, but I'd be alittle more self concious

• <3 mascara is fine...and eyeliner is..meh..ok...(:

• wow can't believe your sister thinks there is a certain time when a guy can see his girlfriend without makeup, I have stopped wearing makeup everyday, except when I go out or see my so, but I would still wear some foundation, and light eyeliner.

• I thought you said you didn't wear makeup anymore? You look good without it and you look good with lipstick..I would definitely try to talk you out of the foundation though...(:

• I have definitely told you before, and if you have noticed my answers on questions about makeup I say the same thing, since October of last year I don't wear it everyday, only when I go out, or seeing an s.o, but in my profile pic I am wearing lipstick.

• yeah well my wife wears a little blush on special occasions but never concealer, foundation or bronzer...so I never say anything...(:

• I've never worn make-up and my boyfriend loves that I don't.

• I wear it when we go out, but if he's staying the night I just take it off as part of my usual nightly routine, like while I'm brushing my teeth. If you're staying over, no makeup is nothing.

• we've dated for six years so I don't mind being seen without, but ill always wear it if we go out places, I wanna look nice. I do feel more comfortable with makeup.

• Well I don't wear make everyday only when going out and so far no one has ran away screaming...

• When I first meet a guy I am but after awhile I don't really care.

• Lol, yes. Actually, he hardly ever sees me WITH makeup on lol.

• Hahahaha same here. I hate taking the time! Every day I put on a little powder and lip gloss. My idea of actually dressing up and doing fancy makeup is adding mascara. And most of the time I'm too lazy to even do that!

• I love putting it on. When I go out I will go all out. But taking it off it just too much of a crazy process. lol

• He's gonna see you sooner or later without it...why prolong the inevitable?

• I put b when I meant to put c! Oops!

• It depends. My boyfriend has seen me without makeup and has told me I'm beautiful, but I still feel more comfortable with makeup on.

• I don't care if my boyfriend sees me without makeup. He thinks I'm just fine without it lol.

• Yea, I never wear makeup. Not because I don't like it, but because I am cute without it. :D The one time I wore make up he was like "WOW" LOL!

• If you want the relationship to be long term, you should let him see you without makeup. He needs to see how you really look and honestly would you want to be with a guy who wouldn't want to be with you based off how you look without makeup.

• sure. I mean, I look like I'm 12 without eyeliner, but I'd rather go without than leave it on.

• You left out the fact that you're probably stunningly attractive and it wouldn't matter either way.

• lmfao. eyeliner makes a huge difference.

• More from Girls
    13