Girls, how have you reacted when your skirt/dress has blown up in the wind?

Just curious to see how you react. If it has happened more then once just pick your most common reaction. If this has never happened to you pick what you think you would do.

• You do nothing/do not react
  • You squeal and desperately pull it down and walk around with an embarrassed smile
  • You angrily pull your skirt down and stomp off clutching the hem
  • You turn around to the nearest male and accuse him of being a pervert
  • Other(explain)/I'm a guy and want to see results
Does you reaction differ if you are wearing a short skirt as opposed to wearing to a longer skirt that you would not think would blow up?
Do girls always scream/yell/squeal when there skirt blows up or is that more of a myth?

Most Helpful Girl

• uhh it kind of looks like the silly walk in the beginning and then I pull it down,sort of ''air sit'' and smile awkwardly.

• The way you descibed it makes it sound so adoarble and cute.

• yes. but I don't want to be. I like the whole androgynous thing,i mean sure,being feminine is great,but I'm at a point in my life when I can be as f***ed up and goth/androgynous as I want and I'll still be seen as a normal (teenage) person

• That's good point, you should enjoy yourself while you can. I liked that you used androgynous.

What Girls Said 15

• *Shocked* *Will quickly pull dress down, then look around to see who saw*

• Smooth it down, move on.

• This is why I usually wear body tight clothing...

I remember when I was wearing a sun dress like 3 or 4 years ago...and that happened on th beach...well luckily it was on the beach so...I was like OH FU?CK! then...some peole laughed..and I took the sun dress off.

• just grab it and pull it down and hold it the rest of the time I'm outside lol

• What's with the lol?

• oh I didn't even notice I put that in there, that was meant for something else. sorry

• That's okay.

• It depends on the kind of underwear I'm wearing. If I'm wearing something revealing, I'll quickly pull it down. If I'm wearing less revealing underwear, I just let it drop back down naturally once the wind has passed. I dunno, I don't really get embarrassed too easily.

• This has happened to me before a couple times and I just pull it back down then look around to see who my audience is. If it's a lot of people I might turn red, usually though I just keep on doing whatever I was doing.

• its happened.. I just smooth it down& continue on with my day. I would avoid eye contact while smoothing it down, so no one thinks I'm doing a marilyn monroe on them.

• That's different because so far most of the girls said they would look around to see who saw

• why would I look around to see who saw. what good does that do. I don't see any purpose for it.

• if it will be awkward if someone saw it, that's more of a reason not to look.

i don't look, so as to make it as minimally an issue as possible. no 'point' in prolonging it.

• i don't squeal , or yell, or scream.

• Okay, how many times has that happened to you, just to get a sample size idea.

• alot. but what I meant was, I don't do any of those things anyways. a lot of girls dont. I doubt squealing or yelling etc, is tat common. esp for a dress.

• i drop my arms down to my skirt and hold it down... I don't really want the wind lifting up my skirt for all to see

• i just pull it back down and keep walking, I don't want to see whos looking

• That's different because so far most of the girls said they would look around to see who saw.

• lol I'd just quickly pull it down and look around to see who saw lol.

• usually the wind doesn't actually blow up the skirt dress.

if its that windy outside, I don't wear a skirt/dress but if I am wearing one, I just keep my arms down at my sides the whole time that I'm walking so that it doesn't blow up.

• You said "usually the wind doesn't actually blow up the skirt dress." What does then?

• Maybe I'll come and lift it for you. JK

• *rolls eyes* haha

• Neither of these answers. I don't wear stuff like that, but if I did I would quickly smooth it down, WITHOUT squealing and avoiding looking too embarrassed. Why would I want to draw attention to myself?

• I find it funny that you described skirts/dresses as "stuff like that." You did notice the last option is other, right?

• Sorry, the way you put your question made it seem like you did not notice the other option. As, to why it was funny, I do not really know, just the way you put it amsued me.

• Why don't you wear skirts/dresses?

• the beauty of copy and paste huh

• Does it make a differerence depending on who saw?

• Marilyn Monroe didn't mind it and it helped make her famous

• Yeah, but that was in a movie. This is real life in public, that's a difference wouldn't you say.

• true, but I'm pretty sure she might have done it in public as well. Good point though.

What Guys Said 1

• I do a Marilyn Monroe pose :P

... N-Not that I've ever worn one D: