Men, when you see a woman wearing a skirt or dress, do you react differently to her?

Just wondering...I sort of feel weird in skirts because they are not the norm where I'm from...most women wear jeans or pants. But recently, I've been wearing more skirts/dresses, because they are so much more comfortable...But I don't want to be portrayed in a negative way...

For example...yesterday I was wearing a long skirt, almost all the way to the floor...it was not slutty in any way...but it did show off my waist-to-hip ratio (I have a very thin waist and for better for worse...childbearing hips, which I can do nothing about...I work out daily...and they are going nowhere)...Anyways...I was walking in a parking lot...and these two black guys (sorry if this sounds racist...I'm just specifying their race because it only seems like black men are interested in me) started cat calling towards me...and they even got out of their car...I just kept walking...but then in the mall more black men were saying stuff to me. And, as usual, non of the white men noticed me, I don't think.

So, any thoughts? Sorry about my long details...again...Thanks for your help, and again, I'm sorry if I sound racist in any way, I don't mean it like that.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really like wearing skirts or dresses often because I don't like the attention, but I do notice guys react differently(they seem to notice me more) when I do wear a skirt.

Btw judging from your other questions why are you so focused into getting white guys to like you?

• Well...because I want to be in a relationship...hopefully leading to marriage...and I'd just prefer someone in my race group...but they don't seem interested in me...so I may have to go outside of my race...And I know that probably sounds bad...I'm sorry...I'm just saying the truth...I really don't mean it in a bad way...

• thanks for the BA!

• Thanks for your help...and again...sorry if I came of as harsh or anything...it is sometimes difficult for me to convey proper emotion through the interweb...take care : )

What Guys Said 5

• I'm a jeans guy myself. Like the look of a girl in jeans and sneakers. Hate, hate, hate heels. With a passion. Dresses too.

• Well, then you would hate me a lot...I wear heels every day...

• im an aspie =P that's why I am the way I am

• Well...you are good the way you are...don't worry about it...I've got tons of brain problems myself...on pills and in regular therapy...

• Depends on how short it is really. Anything around knee-length is pretty classy in my book. And those hips better not be going anywhere ;)

• Lol...I've been on the hip adductor and hip abductor machines quite a bit...I want them gone...but I know I can't change my skeletal structure...but wishful thinking, I suppose

• What's that suppose to mean not all black men are like that

• I'm not sure how you inferred that from my statement. I'm well aware that not all people of any race are the same.

• I don't generally react that differently, though I tend to prefer girls that aren't in dresses for whatever reason.

• I always appreciate a skirt much more =) It is definitely more feminine so you will be more noticed / bugged.

• I notice girls in skirts/dresses more then when they wear pants, I look at them more, but that's it. As for the black guy thing, do you live in a area where there are more black people then white people?

• Detroit

• Do you get attention from guys like this when you wear pants?

• Still, only from black men...same level of attention...so for me there isn't too much of a difference...I think that one skirt I wore was an exception. But I was talking to my friends, and they said when they wear skirts they do get more attention from men in general...so I was wondering why.

What Girls Said 8

• Ok really random but I love the way you worded everything and with your convo with Sephora too. lol yeah it's random

But it just puts emphasis on your feminine form and guys notice and like that. If you want to date guys with you cluture and how you grew up maybe you could ask friends if they know any single guys with your values :) and those guys sounded inapproriate by the way but best luck :)

• Thank you! I'm trying to become a writer now that med school is in the trash : ) A lot of guys that are my age in my culture seem to be married...at least where I'm from...I'm sort of older...and it seems like my age is an issue...the guys that were cat calling me were probably younger than me as well...and if they found out how old I was wouldn't have bothered me anymore.I just think it's interesting that I only get attention from black men..maybe I have a black soul?...**Joke**

• haha it was funny, maybe a dating site would help out, lot of great ones out there and cool if you ever put anything out I would buy it.

• Thanks : ) You give me hope

• Yeah, I get more attention when I wear dresses or skirts, lol even from other women. I don't know why that is, but it is what it is.

I love to wear dresses for some reason, esp. in the summer. It just makes more sense, it's cooler. I always felt sorry for men because in the work place, when it's hot they have no other choice but long, hot pants.

As for men who cat call, do they really think that works or that we like that? I would never go for that! Tacky as all get out. Would they want someone doing that to their mama? Or sister? Or daughter? I think not.

• When I wear very short shorts guys react different then if I were wearing pants :) so I think that skirt was showing off your hips maybe even your butt lol and I guess that was attractive to them !

• I think men like it more since its seen as more feminine

• I don't like the kind of attention I get with skirts I feel more vulernable

• Guys on this site seem obsessed with it

• black people love a good waist to hip ratio. hourglass & pear shapes are the most desirable shapes, that's why you get a lot of attention from black men. I'm a girl and I'll look if I see a chick with a crazy whr its just pretty *no homo*

• Black men love big booty

• Well...I do have a pretty big butt...genetics...sigh...